If the net neutrality repeal vote goes through

This is Day 3 without Net Neutrality. I will be posting in this thread every day until all the doom and gloom that the left promised would happen actually does happen. Remember, we were told our internet will now come in packages and we will have to pay every time we dl something or post on a forum. As of today that has not happened. So far they are liars. We'll see how tomorrow goes.
"
pannra wrote:
This is Day 3 without Net Neutrality. I will be posting in this thread every day until all the doom and gloom that the left promised would happen actually does happen. Remember, we were told our internet will now come in packages and we will have to pay every time we dl something or post on a forum. As of today that has not happened. So far they are liars. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

It's fairly obvious that no one was arguing that the negative changes attached to the repeal of net neutrality would be instantaneous, which means that you're either incredibly stupid (if you sincerely think someone in here thinks that's the case) or just being needlessly obtuse (if you understand what's really being said but are intentionally misrepresenting it).

Either way, you look like a moron.

Also, net neutrality hasn't been repealed yet - it still has to make it through the Senate as of this writing.
double post

damn my spotty connection
Last edited by sainthazard on Dec 17, 2017, 10:13:40 AM
wait so net neutrality is over for NA? it got through congress and shit and got accepted?
"
sainthazard wrote:

It's fairly obvious that no one was arguing that the negative changes attached to the repeal of net neutrality would be instantaneous, which means that you're either incredibly stupid (if you sincerely think someone in here thinks that's the case) or just being needlessly obtuse (if you understand what's really being said but are intentionally misrepresenting it).

Either way, you look like a moron.

Also, net neutrality hasn't been repealed yet - it still has to make it through the Senate as of this writing.

Some people really can't see the writing on the wall. The fact that Big Telecom pitched a giant collective shitfit over Neutrality when it was codified in the first place, then fought ceaselessly and expensively for two years to undo it, somehow sails right over these guys' heads when they say "Aww it's just a bunch of jabbering by DA LEFT, everything's gonna be fine! Nothing will change even a little bit!"

I mean, you'd figure it'd be obvious that these guys didn't spent millions on legal and lobbying costs and fees, buying crooked officials and such to get the rules changed, so they could then proceed to do absolutely nothing differently, but some folks won't admit they dun fucked up ever. It's all DA LEFT's fault. Somehow. For some reason. I haven't yet figured out how or why, but it is.

"
wait so net neutrality is over for NA? it got through congress and shit and got accepted?

Technically, Congress has to stop it, not approve it. There are Congressional rules that allows them to effectively legal-override a civilian agency ruling if they determine there's a strong basis to do so. I forget the exact dealio because I'm not a lawyer, but effectively we're on a train to Fucktown right now and it's up to Congress to figure out how to pull the brakes. If Congress does nothing (and the billion and three lawsuits aimed at Pai and the FCC all fail), then the ruling goes through.

This is a huge problem, as any American can say that it is immensely easier for Congress to do Nothing than it is for Congress to do Something.
While definitely a worthy topic of discussion, I have to wonder why they haven't moved this to Off Topic. It's not about the game anymore.
Just a friendly reminder to any Americans here to always vote for Democrats. In a two party system, the only alternative is Republicans, who constantly do garbage like this. Be smart. Be decent. Be rational. Don't vote for the party against consumers, the environment, science, equality, and damn near everything else a reasonable person is in favor of.
"
Jennik wrote:
Just a friendly reminder to any Americans here to always vote for Democrats. In a two party system, the only alternative is Republicans, who constantly do garbage like this. Be smart. Be decent. Be rational. Don't vote for the party against consumers, the environment, science, equality, and damn near everything else a reasonable person is in favor of.

What kind of fantasy land are you living in? 8 years of democrats are why Trump destroyed Hillary. 8 years of regulations are why we voted in someone who's deregulating the crap out of everything. Net neutrality didn't solve anything, we only had it for 2 years and it didn't make a difference. This kind of manufactured fear is what the democrats rely on, it's only when people realize it doesn't exist they start to get scared.
Trump didn't "destroy Hillary". Ivory Tower elitism destroyed Hillary and she did it to herself.
This is Day 4 without Net Neutrality. I will be posting in this thread every day until all the doom and gloom that the left promised would happen actually does happen. Remember, we were told our internet will now come in packages and we will have to pay every time we dl something or post on a forum. As of today that has not happened. So far they are liars. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info