If the net neutrality repeal vote goes through

This is Day 25 without Net Neutrality. I will be posting in this thread every day until all the doom and gloom that the left promised would happen actually does happen. Remember, we were told our internet will now come in packages and we will have to pay every time we dl something or post on a forum. As of today that has not happened. So far they are liars. We'll see how tomorrow goes.
"
pannra wrote:
This is Day 25 without Net Neutrality. I will be posting in this thread every day until all the doom and gloom that the left promised would happen actually does happen. Remember, we were told our internet will now come in packages and we will have to pay every time we dl something or post on a forum. As of today that has not happened. So far they are liars. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

so do you have a bot set up for this or are you just really really committed?
I dont see any any key!
"
pannra wrote:
I'm just wondering, do you actually research ISPs in the news, etc, before posting here? I mean, I'm somewhat skeptical any widespread malfeasance will occur, but I figure eventually some outlier asshole of an ISP *cough* Comcast *cough* will do something mildly yet indubitably nefarious, and it'll make all kinds of headlines and lawsuits. I suspect this would be likely to happen even under Title 2 regulations, but still, it would be embarrassing to make your daily post only to have someone shove a link to an article into your metaphorical face.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
pannra wrote:
I'm just wondering, do you actually research ISPs in the news, etc, before posting here? I mean, I'm somewhat skeptical any widespread malfeasance will occur, but I figure eventually some outlier asshole of an ISP *cough* Comcast *cough* will do something mildly yet indubitably nefarious, and it'll make all kinds of headlines and lawsuits. I suspect this would be likely to happen even under Title 2 regulations, but still, it would be embarrassing to make your daily post only to have someone shove a link to an article into your metaphorical face.

I gave an example, but I think you could be right about it happening under the title 2 regulations.

"
pannra wrote:
"
"
pannra wrote:
This is Day 22 without Net Neutrality. I will be posting in this thread every day until all the doom and gloom that the left promised would happen actually does happen. Remember, we were told our internet will now come in packages and we will have to pay every time we dl something or post on a forum. As of today that has not happened. So far they are liars. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

My ISP/cable provider is offering a channel to stream Netflix. I'm not sure if this is new but it is clearly an anti competitive network neutrality violation.

How is more options anti competitive?

Making every other option less competitive is pretty much the definition of anti competitive.
Nah, that's the definition of the free market my friend. Welcome to true net neutrality.
It's been a month. Not a single thing the left said would happen has happened. We were lied to, again. How do leftists put up with being lied to so much by their own party? Just look at this thread. They rationalize. They change the argument. They lie to themselves. Anything to make sure the Party is always right. I have never seen a group of people more loyal to a government, Hitler would be proud. The next time the left says the sky is falling it's not. They are lying to influence the way you think. The next time the left says the sky is falling remember the lies you were told about Net Neutrality.
States Push Back After Net Neutrality Repeal

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/11/technology/net-neutrality-states.html

"Lawmakers in at least six states, including California and New York, have introduced bills in recent weeks that would forbid internet providers to block or slow down sites or online services. Legislators in several other states, including North Carolina and Illinois, are weighing similar action.

They are responding to the Federal Communications Commission’s vote last month to end regulations that barred internet service providers from creating slow and fast lanes for different sites and services. The new policy will go into effect in the coming weeks."

Good that there is still some common sense out there after this fuck up
"
Ragnar119 wrote:
States Push Back After Net Neutrality Repeal

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/11/technology/net-neutrality-states.html

"Lawmakers in at least six states, including California and New York, have introduced bills in recent weeks that would forbid internet providers to block or slow down sites or online services. Legislators in several other states, including North Carolina and Illinois, are weighing similar action.

They are responding to the Federal Communications Commission’s vote last month to end regulations that barred internet service providers from creating slow and fast lanes for different sites and services. The new policy will go into effect in the coming weeks."

Good that there is still some common sense out there after this fuck up

I agree with the first word of your conclusion.

Good. That’s it. I like it any time the federal government takes a step back and allows states to regulate themselves. If we keep doing this, we’ll return to a diverse landscape where a diverse people can pick and choose the place that best suits their interests.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
New York and California aren't known for their common sense.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info