Introducing the new Map Stash Tab!

GGG fix this!!!! Does not work with existing maps.
"
Bevman wrote:

Did you read this part of the announcement?

"
GGG wrote:
If you have legacy maps from Path of Exile's past, you can right click on your Map Tab while it's empty to change what series of maps it is set to, as it can only hold maps from one series at a time
"
Sighted wrote:
"
Bevman wrote:

"
GGG wrote:
If you have legacy maps from Path of Exile's past, you can right click on your Map Tab while it's empty to change what series of maps it is set to, as it can only hold maps from one series at a time

Funny, but I can't even store non-legacy maps. Might be because I have still have remove only tabs, but part of the reason I bought the map tab was to free up some other tabs. I cannot store a single map.
Last edited by Bevman on Dec 13, 2017, 7:36:19 PM
Hi!

The map-stash is a way in the right direction. Thanks therefore.
I assume, by the price of 150, you are working furture on the tab?
Eventually if it possible to store every map-related stuff (like Sacrifice-fragments & Co) in it?
Thats like 30tabs in one. Very good surprise. Well done ggg. Very comfy to use maps and chase elder or shaper through atlas.
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
"
Nishrek wrote:
"
For all the complainers could ggg perhaps give a rough estimate of total time invested in this stash? From planning to coding to QA to release?

A Map Tab crashes every time in the game.
Yep, great QA

Im sorry for you (seriously), because this would really annoy me as well.
"
Nishrek wrote:

"
Also I am pretty sure that we will get the aforementioned suggested improvements for free over time (...)

Can I haz your crystal ball?

I do not have a crystal ball, thats why i say "i'm pretty sure".

You post made me think a bit (not an ironical statement at all).
I'm hyped, i started near end of Harbinger, so maybe i am too trusting and positive and also "just" spent some money on stashes up until now. I'm not sure how i would see this if i keep playing for a few years (haven't checked if you did, but i dont wanna go ad hominem at all so it doesnt matter really).
for me it is enough qol improvement to justify the cost. in a normal mmorpg, 15$ would be just a month of play time, so this is my frame of reference, which is completely arbitrary of course.

"
TehHammer wrote:

Everything in this game is just so overpriced. I get that they had success with high prices when there was nothing to buy, but the more stuff that exists, the more obvious it is that everything is ridiculously priced.
P.S. I'm saying this as someone that bought a map stash tab the minute I saw it available and as someone that spent $20 on the points I needed to buy the map tab as soon as I saw how much it was going to cost.

interesting as well.
just checked, i spent 125$ up until now, and i played 458 hours (no idle time since i dont do market pvp).
everybody has a different frame of reference of course, but i wouldnt know of many activities where could have 458 hours of fun for 125 bucks. make fun of me as you please, im just sticking to the topic ;)
Last edited by harter_morgoth on Dec 13, 2017, 10:08:49 PM
Well done, and nice design.
When righteousness falters
And chaos threatens to prevail
I take on a physical body
And manifest myself on earth.
"
Sighted wrote:
"
Bevman wrote:

"
GGG wrote:

Does this mean that, if the tab stays like this, by the end of abyss I have to have two map tabs in standard if I want to have my "legacy" (I started poe in 2.5) maps in a map tab as well?
Last edited by Bratwurstsalat on Dec 14, 2017, 12:31:30 AM
"
Does this mean that, if the tab stays like this, by the end of abyss I have to have two map tabs in standard if I want to have my "legacy" (I started poe in 2.5) maps in a map tab as well?

If you 'already' use the map tab in standard, then you WILL obviously have 2 of it after abyss is migrated in march - one regular with the old maps and another, read-only tab with the newer models from abyss league. Thats not different to any other migration, none of these merge automatically.
But the 'issue' is, that you're not even able to 'migrate' the maps manually: the regular tab has to be completely empty to switch it from the legacy mode 'back' to the abyss model.
Even as there are TEN empty tier 1 slots available, they cant be used for older/newer maps :sadface:
Even if you have one tier empty, it cant be used for a different 'type' of maps :sadface:
Even as the unique slot seems to be able to have no real 'limit' (already more then two rows of explicit map slots to fit them all), you cant 'mix' new with older ones :sadface:

I understand that its a lot effort, and that the given capacity justifies the price it calls, but since it 'only' affects players in the permanent leagues I really expect a 'better' solution to handle at least TWO different sets (new and pre-abyss, maybe just partially) without the neccecity to buy it twice.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Last edited by Mr_Cee on Dec 14, 2017, 5:21:30 AM
"
I'm hyped, i started near end of Harbinger, so maybe i am too trusting and positive and also "just" spent some money on stashes up until now. I'm not sure how i would see this if i keep playing for a few years (haven't checked if you did, but i dont wanna go ad hominem at all so it doesnt matter really).

I've also spent 125$ (total over the years). I do not buy packs because I do not like to pay 100+ bucks in advance (and I do not care about MTX).
Maybe I have not paid as much as some other people, but I bought some stuff nevertheless
It is great QoL, but it is overpriced, considering its flaws. It has big problems. And I doubt they give some upgrades to this tab for free (I am uessing here, but they have not done such thing yet)
GGG already has hefty source of income from MTX purchases. PoE is now in the big league of games, and GGG are not group some poor students in the garage, and they should've behave like a responsible company with financial assets.
Had I cared about ladders/rankings I would also point that it is pure Pay2Win stuff.
Especially if Fragment Tab really exists
"
guidom1980 wrote:
When do we get the frag tab?
It's data-mined already so u may as well release it :D unless it's bugged ofcoz.

Some link please?
Anyway this is so obvious (if it is true OFC), so no wonder people see this as a greedy grab of money (I doubt it will be cheaper than a currency tab). Especially after releasing new MTX, so people have already spent some money.
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Last edited by Nishrek on Dec 14, 2017, 7:11:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info