[3.2] No changes | Railway Bow - Slayer Edition | Shaper/U Atziri/U Lab Viable |

"
WildKeeper98 wrote:
Hey mate,
first I want you to appreciate the guide you wrote. I am planning to play Ice Shot/ Barrage, so should I take the 2 threshhold jewels for the ice shot and also replace pierce with chain or sth else?

As far as I know, Projectile can have only 1 modifier Chain, Pierce or Fork at the same time.

Speaking of 2 Ice shot jewels, you'll miss 14% life, possible 16% attack speed and 24% crit multi.

On the other hand, you can insert PPAD, Conc effect, Cold pen etc. to boost your damage instead of Pierce gem.

Whatever you like.
NANI
Have you tried using Mirage archer with the barrage set up at all? I'm tempted to use it, since it's basically having a clone of yourself, just wondering what you would switch out for it.
"
Have you tried using Mirage archer with the barrage set up at all? I'm tempted to use it, since it's basically having a clone of yourself, just wondering what you would switch out for it.

Haven't tried it. For Barrage I would switch GMP once you have Dying sun or 2 extra projectiles.

I don't have time to play right now, can you tell the results?)
NANI
Interesting build you got there.

Planning on trying this in HC with some adjustments.
I'd strongly recommend Mirage Archer. At level 20, it amounts to an effective 35.6% more multiplier even before considering that it can attack while you're unable to. Even 1 second of movement out of every 10 improves it to 39.6%, while 1 second out of 4 makes it 47.5%. It's a minion/totem-type thing, rather than your own damage, so you lose out on a bit of leech, unfortunately. However, in terms of raw damage it outdoes both Slower Projectiles (29% more) and Physical Projectile Attack Damage (34.1% after accounting for the attack speed penalty).
The guide is updated. Leveling tips added.
NANI
I've been thinking about how support gems could be optimized even further. Some math for Barrage's support gem options:
Spoiler

GMP: +4 projectiles, 26% less
LMP/Volley: +2 projectiles, 16% less
Slower Projectiles: 29% more
Mirage Archer: attacks separately with 60% less speed and 11% less damage
PPAD: 49% more, 10% less speed
Pierce: 19% more, +4 pierces
Added Fire: 44% phys added as fire
Elemental Damage with Attacks (EDWA): 54% more elemental
Brutality: 59% more, no non-phys damage
Damage on Full Life: 49% more
Maim: 30% more, target takes 14% increased damage
Increased Critical Strikes (21/20 for easier numbers): +2.0% base crit, +110% crit chance
Increased Critical Damage (21/20 for easier numbers): +120% crit multi

Assuming +1 arrow from gear, 36% phys added as cold from Hatred, 195% increased crit chance from Rat's Nest and 3 power charges, lucky crits from a Diamond Flask, and Assassin's Mark. Herald of Ice's flat cold damage and any other flat elemental damage from gear are assumed to be a negligible damage boost and thus can be ignored when calculating the effects of each possible support gem, although that only affects PPAD, Added Fire, EDWA, Brutality, and Maim. I haven't considered the effects of other gear beyond the Rat's Nest, although I'm estimating the increased elemental damage with attacks implicit on Lioneye's Glare to be worth about 4.5% more elemental damage when I consider it at all.
GMP: +33.2%, down to +23.3% with +2 arrows
LMP/Volley: +17.6%, down to +12% with +2 arrows
Slower Projectiles: +29%
Mirage Archer: +35.6%, plus damage while moving
PPAD: +34.1%
Pierce: +19%
Added Fire: +32.4%, actually more like +33.5% once you consider the implicit increased elemental damage with attacks on the bow
EDWA: +14.3%, or +24% with Added Fire, and actually slightly better than that once you consider the implicit increased elemental damage with attacks on the bow
Brutality: +17%, plus can do something else instead of Hatred aura and HoI, but need a replacement curse setup like Blasphemy
Damage on Full Life: +49%
Maim: +43.4%, actually very slightly less once you consider the implicit increased elemental damage with attacks on the bow
Increased Critical Strikes: +21.5%, +24% with no power charges or Assassin's Mark
Increased Critical Damage: +32.2%, +29.3% with no power charges or Assassin's Mark
Increased Critical Strikes together with Increased Critical Damage together: +64.2% (effectively +28% per link), +66.2% (effectively +29% per link) with no power charges or Assassin's Mark

This suggests the following order of support gems, from most to least important: Damage on Full Life, Maim, Mirage Archer, PPAD, and either GMP, Added Fire, or increased Critical Damage.

Edit: Level 20 Hatred is actually 37% phys added as cold, not 36%, due to the 3% aura effect from the Devotion notable. It barely affects the math so I'm certainly not recalculating Added Fire, EDWA, Maim, and Brutality.

In addition to switching out gems one-for-one, we can also combine synergies between our two 6-link skills to develop greater benefits.

For example, something to consider is having Mirage Archer and Maim on one of your two 6-links only. Let's say you're using Barrage + Tornado Shot. Mirage Archer + Maim on Tornado Shot gives you 35.6% of your Tornado Shot DPS in exchange for replacing one Barrage with a Tornado Shot roughly every 4 seconds. The mirage Tornado Shot would keep up the Maim debuff (and its 14% increased physical damage taken), so you could swap out that gem on Barrage for something more effective than 30% more physical damage. Barrage's links would be Damage on Full Life, PPAD, GMP, Added Fire, and Increased Critical Damage. Maim is still minutely better than Slower Projectiles once you get your second extra arrow and you drop GMP, but it would require recoloring a green socket to red.

Going even further, we could put in a Poison support on Tornado Shot, which opens up the possibility of Vile Toxins on Barrage (up to 45% more damage, or 50% at level 21), since the mirage will maintain poison stacks like it would Maim. Then you can run Damage on Full Life, Vile Toxins, PPAD, Added Fire, and Increased Critical Damage on Barrage (conveniently the same socket colors as your existing links).
Last edited by Garryl1234 on Jan 6, 2018, 7:44:20 PM
Is this thread dead? I'm looking to do a Slayer Tornado Shot/Barrage build, but it seems the passive trees of this particular thread have a lot of Staff passive points???
"
AnThRaXSOI wrote:
Is this thread dead? I'm looking to do a Slayer Tornado Shot/Barrage build, but it seems the passive trees of this particular thread have a lot of Staff passive points???

No. this thread is alive and ready to destroy end game bosses.

Yes, we are using staff/melee nodes because of Lioneyes fall jewel. (Read Gear/ jewel section)
NANI
Last edited by gepmah on Jan 7, 2018, 3:09:08 AM
Ahh! I missed that part, thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info