Path of Nerfs

These changes all seem pretty solid and make sense to me. Excited for the patch notes tomorrow.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
OH wow Chris you guys kicked my in the nuts with the speed cap of Queen of the forest!

I can understand the EVA nerf but also capping the movement speed while cutting a big junk of the EVA...

Kick me in the stomach but not in my nuts man FeelsBadMan
"
seanxjohnson wrote:
I strongly disagree with the XP nerfs, I think the vast majority of players have a dream to hit 100 one day and that just went out the window. I don't understand why the plight of the top racers, i.e. the people who do this for a living, would impact your decision so heavily. That seems like such a poor decision.

This...This needs a couple of hundreds upvotes.. Fuckin oblivious devs..
I've always wanted to push for 100 but never can. Looks like i'll be getting level 90 again.

The reason so many people leveled so fast in the league was because there were 10 breaches per area...
Please consider this!!
Last edited by Asilehs on Dec 4, 2017, 7:03:08 PM
The exp changes seem insane :( I guess I'm never getting that 100, other than that I don't mind.
"
Tessman wrote:
I'm very curious as to what the intent of the Rise of the Phoenix nerf is. It's mentioned in the explanation that it's ' too easy to max out fire resistance', but some napkin math suggests that the risk/reward for running RF is getting a little bit close to side of 'scary'.

The life is nice, but the flat regen is hilarious. If max fire resistance is the annoying part, why not but % life regen on it as compensation?

That said, I've not done anything other than the most trivial of theorycrafting - maybe this isn't too big of a deal.

Ive made a dual wield trickster with no RoTP at all(well, I had it on weapon swap along with ichimonji). if you do a MoM variant and have a recovery rate multiplier as well as good mana regen, you don't even need RoTP, really.
"
Chris wrote:

Vaal Pact Keystone
Being able to leech instantly meant that many threats were completely mitigated by high-damage fast-hitting characters with minimal leech investment. Vaal Pact has been changed to no longer grant instant leech, but instead doubles your character's leech rate and maximum leech rate. This was one of the most heavily-requested nerfs in the history of Path of Exile.

Gee, I wonder why it was so popular. Probably because unavoidable and severely high amounts of burst damage is what the game has always been "balanced" around. Maybe if you'd actually even out damage sources, people wouldn't feel obligated to build into VP so often... guess it doesn't matter now, since you have expertly "fixed" it after years of it being an issue.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Slayer untouched? Really? Do you guys even test your changes on every spec or just on some?

Slay Vaal pact builds will flood everything. and vaal pact will be still the reason why it is op..

and fucking sunder not nerfed? did you even watch some races? sunder is way to op and way to easy to scale for leveling. I HATE it and still using it, because its just broken.
Last edited by Moritonel on Dec 4, 2017, 7:06:06 PM
"
Chris wrote:
Conclusion
Well, there's the list of significant nerfs. Hopefully we didn't forget any important ones. We have a decent list of buffs to go with it, which will be posted tomorrow in the full patch notes!

looking forward to the notes, also MOAR NERFS, slow the game down even more.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Can't wait to die in the new patch like in all the other ones! :) <3 this game
BEST GAME EVER

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info