Path of Nerfs

"
MFJones wrote:
My concerns are continuosly being buried by people who have $0 - $50 supporter packs and highest characters at level 90 so i will have to repost. I WANT AN ANSWER GGG.

chris why do you keep nerfing things? do you just want us to play vanilla sunder builds for the rest of our lives? seems like such a waste considering how much potential the game has for more creative builds. CAN WE HAVE CAST ON CRIT BACK ALREADY? why does it matter if certain builds are OP in a game that is mostly just gonna be played as single player or co-op anyway?? It's not like PVP is a real thing, nobody cares!

Meanwhile we still have builds like traps and mine builds running rampant and one shotting end-game content like atziri, shaper, and uber izario. how is this fair??? i've been supporting this game since closed beta (look at my supporter packs) and i only end up playing less and less patch after patch simply because there just aren't enough fun builds for me to try anymore

why???? back then when i played HC i would roll 10-15 builds each league. now i can barely justifying rerolling more than 1 character because nothing interests me anymore. your NEW content is made obsolete becausee you're changing and forcing the meta too much. you guys need to relax on the nerfing. this game should allow players the freedom to play and create what they want. PLUS, most of these things being nerfed are mostly high-end stuff that majority of players won't be able to achieve anyway, or takes a lot of time/currency investment in order to achieve. I understand nerfing broken and cheap builds but nerfing items like acuity or old builds like CoC just doesnt make any sense to me when there are builds that currently exist that take low currency and time investment to achieve power levels even higher than old CoC (eg. GC mines).

im sorry but if this continues i dont think i can continue to support this game. I am at a point where i am starting to regret the thousands of dollars $$$ i've thrown at you guys because the game just isnt as fun anymore.
This game, every time i buy a interesting unique it gets nerfed with no legacy variant. Same with the taming, the esh amulet and now atziris acuities. From top expensive to garbage items in one patch.

But i learned my lesson never go for chase items or buy things above 4 ex since they will probably get nerf.
"
MFJones wrote:
My concerns are continuosly being buried by people who have $0 - $50 supporter packs and highest characters at level 90 who have only been playing for ~2years so i will have to repost. I WANT AN ANSWER GGG.

chris why do you keep nerfing things? do you just want us to play vanilla sunder builds for the rest of our lives? seems like such a waste considering how much potential the game has for more creative builds. CAN WE HAVE CAST ON CRIT BACK ALREADY? why does it matter if certain builds are OP in a game that is mostly just gonna be played as single player or co-op anyway?? It's not like PVP is a real thing, nobody cares!

Meanwhile we still have builds like traps and mine builds running rampant and one shotting end-game content like atziri, shaper, and uber izario. how is this fair??? i've been supporting this game since closed beta (look at my supporter packs) and i only end up playing less and less patch after patch simply because there just aren't enough fun builds for me to try anymore

why???? back then when i played HC i would roll 10-15 builds each league. now i can barely justifying rerolling more than 1 character because nothing interests me anymore. your NEW content is made obsolete becausee you're changing and forcing the meta too much. you guys need to relax on the nerfing. this game should allow players the freedom to play and create what they want. PLUS, most of these things being nerfed are mostly high-end stuff that majority of players won't be able to achieve anyway, or takes a lot of time/currency investment in order to achieve. I understand nerfing broken and cheap builds but nerfing items like acuity or old builds like CoC just doesnt make any sense to me when there are builds that currently exist that take low currency and time investment to achieve power levels even higher than old CoC (eg. GC mines).

im sorry but if this continues i dont think i can continue to support this game. I am at a point where i am starting to regret the thousands of dollars $$$ i've thrown at you guys because the game just isnt as fun anymore.

P.S. i am fine with the exp nerf, never cared about 100 and 100 should have never been so easy anyways

Pretty much nails the problem spot on.

I was already down to just 2-3 builds in Harbinger that could actually do red maps with heavy gear investment. I'm not going to do some bs broken gimmick build. With more nerfs that decreases further to no builds. If I have no builds to run, I have no game left to play.
That's it?
Pretty disapointing if you think that's all that should be nerfed if your intention was to balance the game with this patch.
Agree with the nerfs, not with the XP.

Almost casual here, arround 300h in Harbinger and I gladly got to 94. Wanted to push to 100, but felt that beachheads rotations were just a cheap shortcut and decided to have some fun farming guardians and shaper. One death in 5-6 maps was enough to make sure I never had my XP bar over 10%. I had the option to have some fun farming endgame content, OR make a pretty boring currency dump and map spam to level, guess wuat was my choice?

I really want to get to level 100 on PoE someday. I also want some DATA, what is the % of players that EVER reached 100? And in a temp league? I don't think a regular player CAN get to 100 with those new level values.

If I try to do the push, I'll have to change my gameplay, almost completly ignore one of the best things in the game (looting, identifying and finding good stuff), spam my move skill and go through endless mobs and maps like a machine. I MAY do that. But the players that are able to push this much usually have the game as a way of making money, not a lot of people have this option. Those players can and do spend the first days, specially on a non-ssf server, abusing the economy as much as they can.

How many hours/days a player should spend to reach such an achievement? 400? 500? The way I play and have fun I would need arround 1000h. And that without the changes.

Please reconsider.
Dear GGG, I must say, overall these nerfs look quite fair, don't let all the hate get to you.
"
LeetbakaDX wrote:
"
Odds_ wrote:
The amount of childish whining in here is totally unbelievable.

All the changes sound great. I can't wait.

And the amount of suckupary is far worse...people pointing out that instant leech was the go-to because anything and everything one-shotting late game is BS isn't "whining", acting like it's a smart move with how little damage mitigation the game has is being stupidly oblivious.

You're not getting any cookies from GGG, so stop.

You make it sound like you have to "have" instant leech to have a viable character, you dont, ive had plenty of builds that dont need it. Sounds like its time for you to get better at the game, good thing GGG decided to uproot you from your meta hole since you cant do it on your own.
wow, screw this shit, what a constant joke this game has become. wish some good game designers would take over.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
After many years of nerfs there are always people crying.

GGG will systematicaly nerf meta , so stop crying and adapt yourself!!!
I don't understand why people say they are casual and then complain about not being able to get lvl 100 now. The point of lvl 100 is proving you're not casual. There is almost no actual benefits considering the extra skillpoints. Lvl 100 should be for the 1% so this balance change is absolutely spot on. If you can't invest the time, too sad lvl 100 is not for you then. Casual forum ragers at it's best here wanting everything in the game to be designed specifically for them, i want something for me too, and i think this is a great change.
Last edited by zivbabs on Dec 4, 2017, 8:55:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info