[3.3 Raider] Muirey's 2h Freezing Cyclone - Raider Edition!

"
SanguineSleet wrote:
Hey man,

I noticed I was using an older tree of yours and just noticed the new one. I was looking at it because was trying the guardians and just felt like it was almost instant death. Was thinking of switching into VP, however when looking at your tree it looks different now.

Just a couple questions:

1)Noticed you no longer take the Cleaving part of the axe tree, do you get more damage from taking Butchery and Born to Fight in the Marauder section?
2) Is there a reason you no longer take Bloodless? Is it just because the tree is going up through the health instead of from the Duelist side?
3) Is there a reason why you no longer take Fervour (the extra +1 Frenzy in the Ranger section)?

This is my current tree (not sure if there is a better way to share it):
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAABeBS0HdQguDc0OPBNMFHEUdRcmF-EYkRjbGY4cziFVIWAj0yP2JJ0m-CtQLIUuUzB3NZI6UjrhPC08vkCgQdBHfkp9TZJN404yVP5W-ldUWf5aGl4TX3BhUmJaZFJlTWXwZ6BoZW8ncql07XTxdU52rHfXeoR673zZfXV99YGsg1-DbYPMhNmE74Zgh2qHdoqzj2CQbJOolcyaapuNo4qmV6aNqSepeamUr6e3PryfvTa95r6nwKbBo8T2xq7IzM9-0K3Tb9N-2L3Y1drB3D3fb-Jh45_kauoY7T_tg-4O707veu-P8kXz3fcy-Ov5Y_4K_lT-ug==?accountName=SanguineSleet&characterName=TrueHunterLegolas

Just wondering how I can fix it up. Thinking of just removing Heart of Oak and using those two passives to put into VP. Hopefully that will make a difference and keep my life up as well. I am very happy with my damage right now doing about 400k (fully buffed with Atizi Promise, Lion's Roar, and 8 Frenzy's). So finding damage is sufficient to do t14 and t15 maps, but need the survivability for Guardians. Do you think VP would help with this? Don't have the regrets to completely change my tree at this point but trying to find little tweeks to be able to complete more end game content!

My highest level build I have been now at 92!

1) They are on the way to Heart of the Warrior basically.

2) Bingo.

3) The damage/life gained by using five points for a jewel slot/extra frenzy did not feel like the best use. From what myself and most seem to experience with the build is it's a bit on the squishy side of things with how VP works these days. So I opted to lose a frenzy charge and gain some more HP.

Vp helps with most life related issues and while I did level it fine during Abyss league without VP, I only did it to test. I probably wouldn't do it again. Also, I haven't ever done Guardians/Shaper without VP.
"
Muirey wrote:
"
SanguineSleet wrote:
Hey man,

I noticed I was using an older tree of yours and just noticed the new one. I was looking at it because was trying the guardians and just felt like it was almost instant death. Was thinking of switching into VP, however when looking at your tree it looks different now.

Just a couple questions:

1)Noticed you no longer take the Cleaving part of the axe tree, do you get more damage from taking Butchery and Born to Fight in the Marauder section?
2) Is there a reason you no longer take Bloodless? Is it just because the tree is going up through the health instead of from the Duelist side?
3) Is there a reason why you no longer take Fervour (the extra +1 Frenzy in the Ranger section)?

This is my current tree (not sure if there is a better way to share it):
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAABeBS0HdQguDc0OPBNMFHEUdRcmF-EYkRjbGY4cziFVIWAj0yP2JJ0m-CtQLIUuUzB3NZI6UjrhPC08vkCgQdBHfkp9TZJN404yVP5W-ldUWf5aGl4TX3BhUmJaZFJlTWXwZ6BoZW8ncql07XTxdU52rHfXeoR673zZfXV99YGsg1-DbYPMhNmE74Zgh2qHdoqzj2CQbJOolcyaapuNo4qmV6aNqSepeamUr6e3PryfvTa95r6nwKbBo8T2xq7IzM9-0K3Tb9N-2L3Y1drB3D3fb-Jh45_kauoY7T_tg-4O707veu-P8kXz3fcy-Ov5Y_4K_lT-ug==?accountName=SanguineSleet&characterName=TrueHunterLegolas

Just wondering how I can fix it up. Thinking of just removing Heart of Oak and using those two passives to put into VP. Hopefully that will make a difference and keep my life up as well. I am very happy with my damage right now doing about 400k (fully buffed with Atizi Promise, Lion's Roar, and 8 Frenzy's). So finding damage is sufficient to do t14 and t15 maps, but need the survivability for Guardians. Do you think VP would help with this? Don't have the regrets to completely change my tree at this point but trying to find little tweeks to be able to complete more end game content!

My highest level build I have been now at 92!

1) They are on the way to Heart of the Warrior basically.

2) Bingo.

3) The damage/life gained by using five points for a jewel slot/extra frenzy did not feel like the best use. From what myself and most seem to experience with the build is it's a bit on the squishy side of things with how VP works these days. So I opted to lose a frenzy charge and gain some more HP.

Vp helps with most life related issues and while I did level it fine during Abyss league without VP, I only did it to test. I probably wouldn't do it again. Also, I haven't ever done Guardians/Shaper without VP.

Smart! Maybe I will try and go for heart of the warrior and change things up, does the damage still stay pretty high going to heart of warrior instead of Cleaving?
Yeah, damage isn't really the issue with the build atm. ;)

I'll be running this in league as my second character to work out any kinks it has.
Started this on Incursion HC, is it HC viable, so far it seems nice, just wondering how it will pan out end game.
"
mirthfulnga wrote:
Started this on Incursion HC, is it HC viable, so far it seems nice, just wondering how it will pan out end game.

I found doing the two 6L items and switching for boss fights was amazing, Boss damage huge. I started with 2 Kondo's and that carried me all the way to red tier maps. Started to notice more struggle with bosses, but once I linked my Disfavours damage went through the roof. Although I didn't play on HC because of my crap internet
"
mirthfulnga wrote:

All depends on how ballsy you play but there are always some combos that can seriously screw you. I used to play D3 HC and after a handful of random disconnects I shelved that heh.

"
SanguineSleet wrote:
I found doing the two 6L items and switching for boss fights was amazing, Boss damage huge. I started with 2 Kondo's and that carried me all the way to red tier maps. Started to notice more struggle with bosses, but once I linked my Disfavours damage went through the roof. Although I didn't play on HC because of my crap internet

Yeah two disfavours is such a quality of life. Having a conc/ele focus for bosses is hard to give up once you've set it up.
"

Yeah two disfavours is such a quality of life. Having a conc/ele focus for bosses is hard to give up once you've set it up.

Tell me about it, I was also able to use one of the beast recipes for 30% quality on the disfavour I am set for currency if I ever need it as well! haha this is one of two builds I have gotten over 90 and loving it so much, league ended and still want to go hard on it LOL
"
SanguineSleet wrote:
Tell me about it, I was also able to use one of the beast recipes for 30% quality on the disfavour I am set for currency if I ever need it as well! haha this is one of two builds I have gotten over 90 and loving it so much, league ended and still want to go hard on it LOL

Ditto, I got a Headhunter early league with the beast craft and sold it off for a massive amount. Used it to buy....

perfect rolls and 30% quality. Also bought pretty much everything else I wanted as well. Ruined the league for me because the chase was over BUUUUUUUT yeah that disfavour is crazy. At the time I was deciding to purchase it I put it up against a 850ish pdps rare axe with similar stats and the disfavour still won out.

Glad you enjoyed/enjoying the build! Feels good to hear the feedback! :D

I think I heard someone saying that there is a flat physical corruption now that you can get in incursion. Be interested to see if you can some how get that on a disfavour.
Last edited by Muirey on Jun 2, 2018, 12:51:35 PM

New League unique that's a pretty comparable choice to Kondo's pride! Very fun to play with as well!
Just died at level 51, was very strong with cleave as I was still using it. I was about ot get terminus est too.. I will test it out again tomorrow as I got an exalted and I will be more geared. When did you transition to cyclone by the way?

How much HP are you rocking end game?
Last edited by mirthfulnga on Jun 2, 2018, 11:59:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info