[3.3 Raider] Muirey's 2h Freezing Cyclone - Raider Edition!

The Avatar of the Veil branch on the ascendancy has some dodge and spell dodge. Using Darkray gives some dodge as well. Pathing upto Acro just takes a lot of points just to get Arco itself.

The point of the build is freezing thing which is a kinda of mitigation that doesn't show in PoB. When I play my ranger I keep hypothermia in and as you see in the gif on main guide pretty much everything I hit freezes then shatters. Ranged mobs can be dicks but typically I'm moving fast enough to close the gap and freeze them quickly enough.
"
Muirey wrote:
The Avatar of the Veil branch on the ascendancy has some dodge and spell dodge. Using Darkray gives some dodge as well. Pathing upto Acro just takes a lot of points just to get Arco itself.

The point of the build is freezing thing which is a kinda of mitigation that doesn't show in PoB. When I play my ranger I keep hypothermia in and as you see in the gif on main guide pretty much everything I hit freezes then shatters. Ranged mobs can be dicks but typically I'm moving fast enough to close the gap and freeze them quickly enough.

Thanks mate!
The PoB pastebin is for sword. What changes if you go atziri's disfavour? Or what currently is Best in Slot weapon-wise?

Cheers!

Edit: also, I see resolute technique. Are we never critting?
Last edited by Tumzie on Jun 14, 2018, 1:14:31 PM
"
Tumzie wrote:
The PoB pastebin is for sword. What changes if you go atziri's disfavour? Or what currently is Best in Slot weapon-wise?

Cheers!

Dsifavour is best, I just did that PoB to show it works just fine with a Kondo's. The only changes for axes are Hatchet master and Slaughter nodes.

Yes, non-crit correct.
"
Muirey wrote:
"
Tumzie wrote:

Cheers!

Dsifavour is best, I just did that PoB to show it works just fine with a Kondo's. The only changes for axes are Hatchet master and Slaughter nodes.

Yes, non-crit correct.

Can you list everything that contributes to reliable shatters/freezes? Cause I feel I'm not doing that consistently enough...

Edit: Are the leech nodes actually worth it? I got a daresso's salute with 0.5% of cold damage leeched. Couldn't that be enough to always be on max leech without any other leech nodes?

Thanks!
Last edited by Tumzie on Jun 15, 2018, 6:00:11 AM
Last edited by xDarkTemplar on Jun 15, 2018, 8:49:44 AM
"
xDarkTemplar wrote:

I would suggest getting Path of Building and checking things out with that program. Works great! That aside, if you were to stay on the right side of the tree AND go crit it is usually better to go swords not axes. The best advice I can give you is to just try it out in standard and figure it out for yourself!

Be careful going into others build guides asking about advice on a different build though.. I doubt most would respond kindly to that. ;)

"
Tumzie wrote:
Can you list everything that contributes to reliable shatters/freezes? Cause I feel I'm not doing that consistently enough...

Edit: Are the leech nodes actually worth it? I got a daresso's salute with 0.5% of cold damage leeched. Couldn't that be enough to always be on max leech without any other leech nodes?

Thanks!

The main thing that the leech nodes give is the "+% of maximum life per second to maximum life leech rate" and some increased life leech per second. Both of those are pretty big especially if you are using Vaal Pact.

As for reliable shatters/freezes using frostbite/hypothermia will be the bulk of your shatters. Just using frostbite you will get an ok amount but using Hypothermia you'll freeze/shatter almost entire packs. I see you are running frostbomb/vortex CWDT setup which helps alot with the Hypothermia freezing because vortex is 100% chill effect. Cold Snap is also a good choice and comes with some cold damage over time.

FYI, ruthless doesn't support cyclone anymore so you're only running a 4link at the moment in your chest. If you could change that to a green socket and throw hypothermia in there you'll get the freezing you are looking for.

For a point of reference, in the gif posted on the main guide I am only using frostbite/hypothermia and you can see how much it is shattering.
Last edited by Muirey on Jun 15, 2018, 7:41:06 PM
Would Atziri's Disfavour be best with a level 3-4 empower for your cyclone setup?
"
Tumzie wrote:
Would Atziri's Disfavour be best with a level 3-4 empower for your cyclone setup?

Not now not ever
"
"
Tumzie wrote:

Not now not ever

Hahahaha, good response and correct!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info