VP+Reflect

"
Fhark wrote:

you dont sound like youve ever played ice shot you take a shit ton of reflect dmg from it do you take the cone dmg every time no, but you can take both very easily eg hit one enemy infront cone hits the enemy behind who is also hit by another projectile, this will pretty much happen multiple times daily and more so if you use chain.

...and what makes you think tshot or LA or whatnot won't? They both potentially hit individual targets several more times per attack than Ice shot, even if for slightly lower damage per hit. I've played all three and more, ice shot's inadvertent reflect woes are considerably lower than the other two.
"
Shppy wrote:
"
Fhark wrote:

you dont sound like youve ever played ice shot you take a shit ton of reflect dmg from it do you take the cone dmg every time no, but you can take both very easily eg hit one enemy infront cone hits the enemy behind who is also hit by another projectile, this will pretty much happen multiple times daily and more so if you use chain.

...and what makes you think tshot or LA or whatnot won't? They both potentially hit individual targets several more times per attack than Ice shot, even if for slightly lower damage per hit. I've played all three and more, ice shot's inadvertent reflect woes are considerably lower than the other two.

and ive played all three as well and i consider its reflect woes considerably higher, lethally higher. both ts and lightning arrow give me no noticeable reflect dmg at all, so im basing this as you are on experience the only thing i would say objectively speaking is ice shot is the highest dmg of the three per projectile and subsequently the secondary dmg is also the highest.
It's time to put every single spell on totems cuz fk trveling to slayer zone just to take new VP. Totems/minions are good vs reflect. Just build MoM and totem characters and rip selfcast with leech just like ES.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
Demonoz wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
only builds that take their DPS to unreasonable levels can one-shot themselves vs reflect

cut down the DPS, use low-dmg setup for ofscreening, build any kind of defences vs your own damage (it is obvious, isnt it - you know what kills you yet you do what exactly?)

reflect is a speed bump this game needs. otherwise all we will see are stupid glass cannon meta uber speed meta clear (with Biscos) making economy saturated in 1 week after league starts

power creep 'we enjoy' ruins this game and reflect is one of the last obstacles before it all turns into clown fiesta clicker game

Like really who on earth plays ARPGs to purposely gimp their characters? No one! No one plays games like this to make their characters weak.. The entire point of games like this it to progress your character to as powerful as possible..

stop speaking for everyone. also, deeps is not a uniform mesaurement stick how to measure your character's power in an arpg

"

An outdated mechanic is the issue here NOT that people need to start doing shit with their builds that defeats the entire point of playing the game. If damage is an issue GGG needs to make adjustments across the board then not make player make shit builds on purpose..

investing in defenses is 'shit builds' or an outdated mechanic? lol
please, dont generalize about the whole genre again.

"

I mean seriously.. Have you ever done endgame content? Guardians? Shaper? Its quite obvious you have not because the only way that content is even possible is to push your damage as far as possible.

this simply isnt true. the first ever uber atziri kill was not utilizing instant leech. the first shaper kill this league did not utilize instant leech

"
So with what your saying is if you want to deal with reflect then just make builds that will NEVER have the chance to do all the content?

the fact that you consider playing around reflect equaling to builds not being able to do all the content, is an indictment on your train of thought.

"
Another fine example of the community being its own worst enemy..
I can say the same about your post, really. your thinking is what got the game from the 'hardcore arpg you've been waiting for' and 'game that wants to kill you' to this deeps race one-shotting powerless packs of enemies (aside from guardians/uber/shaper), who might as well be fucking goo. and facetanking some of the toughest content in the game without caring for dozens of mechanics.
"
tidbit wrote:
My 2 cents:

you chose a skill, and gear, and a build, and everything else. deal with what you created.
Don't like that you kill yourself? That extra defense/pantheon/ascendancy class/whatever doesn't look so useless now, does it? Make a compromise (less damage/swap some items/whatever) or deal with it.

In the past people also complained about light radius. Guess that stat on gear doesn't look so useless when you need it.
If you're dying to stuff (including yourself) that defense, evasion, resists, sybils, whatever doesn't look so bad when you need it.

If you're one-shotting everything, including yourself, destroying all bosses in 1-6 seconds, you could afford going back a couple notches on dps to make yourself actually live. Maybe the second weapon set can be 'junk' gear (less than 2ex) non-21/20 gems to only give you a puny 200k dps with 25k per hit. More than enough for mobs of any tier & reflect safe. boss time? press X.

Just because something poses a threat to the top 10% doesn't mean it's a bad mechanic, it helps keep things in check ever so slightly. Adapt or die (or suicide).
why cant more people apply this mindset ?
PoE meta was always changing. if I hate the clearspeed meta and am still playing the game, why cant others adapt to nerfs ? especially since most overkill damage that comes to play on reflect is simply not needed against pre-t16 content
-
Last edited by BizzaOSRS on Apr 11, 2023, 8:05:47 AM
I thought in the run up to 3.0 they said they were reworking reflect... and then it didnt happen, I didnt hear anything about it.

I have a feeling they kept back the reflect rework to coincide with the vp rework. time will tell I guess.

edit: on a side note Id say that the inclusion of guardians and shaper in their current state does suggest a bit of inconsistency in the design coming into play. They seem to be designed around builds having about 500k dps, and yet I can essentially instakill myself on ele reflect with 200k dps arc despite having over 10,000 hp and 86% lightning resist. Before those bosses were added you could have argued that 200k dps was excessive, and at one point it was, but I agree that in the current game GGG has designed things where 200k dps is substandard compared to the content and is still instant death with certain skills.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Nov 19, 2017, 11:31:18 AM
Just remove reflect. Nerfing VP already kills 90% attack/selfcast glass cannons and is seriously limiting the rest. There's no need for reflect anymore. Pantheon needs balancing so that 90% wouldn't take the same powers, buffing yugul will only do the opposite.
"
grepman wrote:
PoE meta was always changing. if I hate the clearspeed meta and am still playing the game, why cant others adapt to nerfs ? especially since most overkill damage that comes to play on reflect is simply not needed against pre-t16 content

If you hate clearspeed meta you should be asking for buffing boss rewards instead of ruining fun for everyone who enjoy playing clearspeed builds.
If you don't have reflect issues your build is bad, how mad?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info