[3.1][HC] rogueyoshi's Frostbreath Cyclone (All content on a budget, 500k-1m+ Shaper DPS, 10k+ EHP)

So I wanted to do this build before and instead I did another cyclone build. I built up alittle currency and decided I would transition into this. liquidated other characters and made this one into this build. I've spent the majority of my money so far but there is where I am. where do you think improvements should be focused from here out?

I feel like I'm missing something with this build because my damage, while acceptable, is nowhere near what it seems like people in this thread are hitting. from what I understand tooltip in this build is useless. I'm not overly familiar with how to read the DPs properly in Path of Building, but from what I can tell it says im only a little over 10k?, but even that doesn't sound right because I feel like if that was the case I would be killing painfully slow

Last edited by DotsandDashes on Dec 27, 2017, 9:32:42 PM
EDIT: I've just come up with an interesting option for Magna Eclipsis users. As a budget option until you get The Pandemonius + Lycosidae, you could run a Frostbite Impresence, and use Empower + Frostbite + Blasphemy in the shield.

"
DotsandDashes wrote:
snip

Your gems are low level. Buy corrupted 20/20 Added Cold, Ice Bite and Cyclone at least. You also didn't link your Abyss Jewels. Gem Levels, Frenzy Charges, and now Abyss Jewels (look at front page for example for jewels) are the main scalers of this build (which is why it's cheap). You could also stand to work in CWDT + Frost Bomb + Duration. I also recommend Thief's Torment instead of Clarity until you have the DPS to take Vaal Pact and the Leech cluster, and then also use the Soul of Arakaali trick outlined in page 1.

You also have to make sure you have every relevant buff enabled in PoB (Chill and Frenzy Charges mostly).
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
Last edited by ログよし on Dec 28, 2017, 2:50:13 AM
Hope you update the guide more detailed to level for newbies, because call it "budget" wont help as it isnt budget on the level part.
"
ログよし wrote:
EDIT: I've just come up with an interesting option for Magna Eclipsis users. As a budget option until you get The Pandemonius + Lycosidae, you could run a Frostbite Impresence, and use Empower + Frostbite + Blasphemy in the shield.

"
DotsandDashes wrote:
snip

Your gems are low level. Buy corrupted 20/20 Added Cold, Ice Bite and Cyclone at least. You also didn't link your Abyss Jewels. Gem Levels, Frenzy Charges, and now Abyss Jewels (look at front page for example for jewels) are the main scalers of this build (which is why it's cheap). You could also stand to work in CWDT + Frost Bomb + Duration. I also recommend Thief's Torment instead of Clarity until you have the DPS to take Vaal Pact and the Leech cluster, and then also use the Soul of Arakaali trick outlined in page 1.

You also have to make sure you have every relevant buff enabled in PoB (Chill and Frenzy Charges mostly).

Thanks, I wasnt sure how to link jewels from the passive tree it didnt seem to work the same as from my equipped character. but all my jewels are life/ flat cold damage to attacks/ flat cold damage with mace. and one is life/cold damage to attacks/mana regen when moving.

I'll check out buying 20/20 gems but what does corruption matter? as far as I know it either boosts it to 21, de-levels it, or does nothing? so buying a corrupted one just means im buying one that nothing happened to when the person used it?

edit: it appears the main difference is cost. a corrupted one that stayed 20/20 is like less than half if not more than the cost of a 20/20 that hasnt been vaal orb yet. I grabbed added cold, had no idea how much damage 20/20 really meant. will probably pass on Cyclone 20/20 only because mine is already 19 and 11%q. at that point I may as well finish the quality and remaining of the xp myself. same with my EDWA

I beleive I got path of building to show damage properly, its showing about 89k with conc. effect.
Last edited by DotsandDashes on Dec 28, 2017, 10:00:42 PM
"
DotsandDashes wrote:
snip

I'm guessing you forgot to enable Chill, because your actual DPS is about 150k.
My goal this league was to kill shaper and uber atz and I have successfully done both with this build. In terms of difficulty I found it to be shaper > uber atz > red elder mainly due to my lack of knowledge or experience against shaper.

I did everything up to low red tier with budget build (no lycosidae) especially with the new super effective jewels. By the end though this char was prob my most expensive since I got lucky with a few drops.

Since I did my goals I'm stopping so I'm gonna give away a few of my exalt worthy drops.

Send me a pm on this forum with a video link which is funny, less than 5 mins long and I haven't seen before (so don't choose the top posts from reddit) and you can choose from my gear. Bonus points if its PoE related. Also write the name of your current abyss sc char.

The giveaway ends on 2nd Jan but I'll starting the giveaway now.

If you got any questions for a sc casual then I'll answer them until 2nd jan too.
Last edited by Manlir on Dec 29, 2017, 4:17:13 AM
I've been playing this build from the beginning of the guide in AHC, want to say thanks heaps! I am absolutely love frost cyclone and have had no real issues in farming the earlier maps, almost ready to progress into high tier maps but just gathering currency to try get some sought after upgrades.

Only level 81 but one of the most enjoyable builds i've played to date, never played a melee character before and the evasion stacked up with MoM is fantastic for surviving. Managed to get several +1 range corruptions on quite good IAS frostbreaths but been unable to get a +2 quite yet.

Some of my gear is absolutely sub par, any ideas on what to aim for next would be greatly appreciated. I've been using the unique frost shield since I don't really have anything else and seems to be an alright sub-in for the short term.

Last edited by zellogs on Dec 29, 2017, 4:11:03 AM
May I ask why the CWDT+BV+Blind Setup ? We already blind with pandemonius right ?
"
Disgallion wrote:
May I ask why the CWDT+BV+Blind Setup ? We already blind with pandemonius right ?

I use Bisco's for mapping and Pandemonius for Guardians.
Thx for great build!
One question: how we achieve counterattacks for lycosidae, or this shield BOS only for Your hits can't be Evaded mode?
Last edited by tension25 on Dec 29, 2017, 8:54:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info