[3.1][HC] rogueyoshi's Frostbreath Cyclone (All content on a budget, 500k-1m+ Shaper DPS, 10k+ EHP)

"
niftytim wrote:
When did you happen to switch to cyclone? At 50 when you can use the weapon?

"
Dorat79 wrote:
can you help, How to leveling ? I mean when u start using cyclone? If on 50 lvl, how the better way to level until 50 lvl?

Speaking for myself who started with no prepared levelling gear or currency for quick levelling gear.

I just basically played as SSF with the best high as 1H ele sword using molten strike + ancestral call + wed until I hit lvl 50. I switched over to a new weapon every 8~10 level or so. I would vendor buy or pick a new 1h fast as white weapon for that level, then just 20q it and alchemy/essence and hope the new weapon isnt utter garbage. The base physical dmg improvement would tend to mean it was always better than w/e shit I was using before. Double strike for single target although molten strike would be better if the single target was surrounded by other mobs. Its prob not optimal but I found it smooth levelling. If you start the build now though you could definitely buy super cheap levelling gear to make it ever faster.

At lvl 50 I switched over to cyclone+wed+hypothermia+ice bite (hypothermia added more dmg than added cold dmg support I found) and frost breath. 4L was more than adequate until t5+ maps.

Its possible you can start using cyclone before lvl 50 but I never saw the need to change. Moltenstrike + ancestral call has awesome clear speed.
//Sorry I had some problems but I fixed them myself
Last edited by decayedCell on Dec 24, 2017, 10:18:03 PM
First, I want to say thank you for the time you put into this.

Never really been into mapping so that's my experience, sorry.

There are a few unclear points I'd like to address:
Shadow? Ranger? What? I picked ranger.

I'm in Abyss HC, following your levelling guide and this. Amazing.

What master should I be focusing on?

Will update you as I progress. I just got my first 1ex sale at level 38 in abyss HC :D. Got all the items to carry me to maps!
I will be adding a non-twink leveling guide soon, but TL;DR: Level this build as Claw Conversion Ancestral Call Molten Strike, using the Blue/Yellow Rustic Sash + Blacksmith's Whetstone + Weapon recipe every time you reach a new act. Transition into Cyclone when you feel your damage is falling off. Alternatively you can buy low level Abyss Jewels for cheap and go Elemental.

"
Riexx wrote:
Should I be going with 15% cyclone AS or 40% damage?

The enchantment priority is in the first post.

"
decayedCell wrote:
//Sorry I had some problems but I fixed them myself

The build scales heavily off of gem levels, Frenzy charges, and especially now: Abyss Jewels. Get all the Jewel Sockets you can and some 75+ Damage (mainly Cold) Jewels.

"
First, I want to say thank you for the time you put into this.

Never really been into mapping so that's my experience, sorry.

There are a few unclear points I'd like to address:
Shadow? Ranger? What? I picked ranger.

I'm in Abyss HC, following your levelling guide and this. Amazing.

What master should I be focusing on?

Will update you as I progress. I just got my first 1ex sale at level 38 in abyss HC :D. Got all the items to carry me to maps!

I'll clarify it more.

Zana is always the priority to get to level 8, and there's a guide in my signature to do it. Haku, Elreon, and Vorici are secondary because their crafting options are useful for any character. And Tora is tertiary because she can craft on belts. The rest don't benefit the build that much and can be done later.
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
Damn trying to get +2 weapon range on this thing is no joke, nobody is corrupting these things and I've probably vaal'd at least 20+ by now. If anybody has one let me know xD
"
iPulsar wrote:
Damn trying to get +2 weapon range on this thing is no joke, nobody is corrupting these things and I've probably vaal'd at least 20+ by now. If anybody has one let me know xD

the chance is about 1%. http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=MapFragment#range
I ripped at level 82 after spending about 50c on items this morning. There was a double pack with Other allies cannot die which was literally mathematically impossible to kill so I dpsed through them then got super tilted and I was trying to identify which rares exactly have it in the packs. I didn't realise I had bloodline/bleeds on me and my life dropped super fast to 0.

Here my items for future inspiration:

Spoiler

(I was just about to 4link the helmet, I was out of fusing)

Thanks for the guide, I'm done this league! Wanted to play more but I've got ton of other stuff to do so I don't think I can spare more time into this game to start a new character.
Last edited by decayedCell on Dec 25, 2017, 8:44:57 PM
I did the 4 guardians with relative ease and I'm upgrading my equipment before doing shaper. My jewellery is pretty garbage for my level as I haven't changed them since lvl 65 or something. I'm trying to get a decent essence of horror opal ring and as I haven't done high level crafting before I wanted to ask here before I commit to anything.

I got a item lvl 100 opal and used essence of horror on it. It gave me horror mod (prefix) and 3 suffix mods I don't care about. So my plan is

1- master craft 'cant change prefix'
2- chaos slam until 3 decent suffix (preferably increased cold dmg and 2x resists)
3- remove master mod
4- exalt slam once and hope life/wed/cold dmg per attack
5- craft life/wed/cold dmg per attack as needed.

I'm guessing that will be about 4~5 exalts in total which I currently have. Is that plan accurate or is there something I'm missing?

Also any thoughts about using controlled destruction since we can apply chilled through AA ?

edit- nvm, I assumed that meta mods weren't effected by currency but i was wrong. The 'prefix can't be changed' is a suffix so it would be susceptible to change. Guess best way is to just spam horror essence until I get mediocre mods then craft or something. I just bought a Pandemonious instead
Last edited by Manlir on Dec 26, 2017, 1:15:18 PM
woot, up to 310k dps going to be 370k at around level 93. Currently level 88 and clearing everything easily. 5k health and spent abouuut 4-7 ex for everything if that.
"
Manlir wrote:
snip

I would skip the Horror Opals this league. They are usually good, but Cold WED Opals will give you a lot more damage now due to Abyss Jewels. And there's a good few of them available because people actually tend to craft these.

http://poe.trade/search/anoyeukiwenaet
Last edited by ログよし on Dec 26, 2017, 9:55:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info