When are we getting better trading tools?

Really?

"
What are you talking about?

You missed the crucial words you omitted: "Imagine you had a limit on daily trades via poe.trade." I was referring to the limitation you had proposed. Thought it is easy to see why this idea is simply bad.

"
Mayhem? Where did you get that? Of course it won't create mayhem. Why are you hellbent on putting words in my mouth, exaggerate and hyperbole this to eternity?

You write as though introduction of AH will cause an economical collapse as well as boredom in this game, because everything will be available. That is why I assumed this is such a big deal for you, I read between the lines, and the impression you leave after reading your responses also suggests so. I never put words in your mouth. You've said it yourself (a few times already) that an introduction of AH will cause a slippery slope, because trading will play much more important role.

"
I don't think I have mentioned neither Skyforth, or Headhunter this thread, please correct me if I'm wrong. Again, words in my mouth. On such rare items, the price will remain about the same, because most of these items are already either used or put up for sale. But I think there are MANY 6L items being unused that is not put up for sale. The same with other good/half-good rares.

Because you haven't. As you already observed, the prices of top-tier items will remain about the same, and it was what I was trying to say, that's why I brought up the EXAMPLES of Skyforth and Headhunter as those are the end-game/harder to acquire items. Look at the prices of barely useful 6L items right now. I repeat once again - the further into a league, the lesser demand for low-tier items. Those crappy 6L items will always be worth at least the price of a divine orb. I explained why it won't cause a crysis and provided examples, never did I say those were your words.

"
It won't be "mayhem". It won't be the end of the world. Nor will it be Ragnarok. But it WILL be easier (and cheaper) to acquire gear. It will, and it's inevitable.

It will be easier to buy stuff that will be cheaper over time a n y w a y.

"
I don't really care about the trading part; I care about what will happen to the rest of the game. And I think it's very naive to think that "things will stay the same" regarding drop rates and in-game progression if an AH is implemented.

I don't think I get your point here. The drop rate will be the same. In-game progression? I thought we have agreed that acquiring high-tier items will be equally hard because of their rarity, and, consequently, price. AH would not change this. Who cares whether leveling gear will be easier to obtain?

"
And then we're at the beginning of a slippery slope, where trading becomes even more required than it is today. And no, it's not that required today. It's a nice balance right now.

There we go. Quite ironic that you didn't mean "mayhem" literally, nor actually said this word, but it IS implied even in the same response afterwards, right here. It is far from being balanced, but whatever floats your boat. I don't have the time now to explain why, perhaps later (even though you haven't given a reason why you think so).

"
I don't CARE AT ALL what happens to trade, IF the in-game progression and drop rates stay the same. And if you are to respond to this; please restrain yourself from putting words in my mouth, exaggerate and hyperbole like mad.

You needn't to repeat the same thing several times, this is not a bonobo-level debate. However, I expected more from you. I never claimed you said the quoted words. Right, "mayhem" is a bit of an exaggeration, but this is my impression after reading arguments like: "Everything will be accessible! Everything will be too easy to acquire! Progression will cease!"

You really missed (whether intentionally or not) the points I provided. It does not require an enormous level of imagination, or call it however you want, to see what I meant.

Hope it's clear enough now.
Phrazz... I've already deleted 3 draft opening sentences to you...

Just: What the fuck.

[Removed by Support]

So you just open with the mouth-foaming "PROVE IT" card? "GIVE ME AN EXAMPLE"?

Ok. World of Warcraft has a long-time-functioning auction house that has caused zero problems ever for over 10 years. Because of WoW's auction house, the game has an economy so reliable, nobody even thinks about complaining about it because it's been embedded into their brains passively. It's a subtle, natural part of the game. Imagine if PoE players were free to acquire whatever items they could afford, at any time they could afford it, so they may be on their way to play the actual game where their complaining energy could be spent on being one-shot or whatever.

Why do you then suggest an in-game "poe.trade" system, but then say it should limit a person's sales??? This legitimately confuses me. All it does is make you look even crazier, and legitimately invalidates all the things you say. You're clearly driven by some side shit; maybe a bad childhood experience with an auction house, or something else I can't even fathom. But whatever it is, you are clearly not looking for what's best for the general populace, and are instead more concerned with spiting people, and acting out against something that you have put all of your misplaced blame into for "ruining" one of your past favorite games.

I'll now ask you which games put in an "auction house" that ruined the game. Give details on the economic effects this had that led to the fall of the game. Even if you try to say Diablo 3 - which is false for several reasons - I'd like to still challenge you to be able to describe how that auction house negatively impacted the majority of players to the point of hurting the game.

Your turn, crazy boy.
Last edited by Kieran_GGG on Oct 17, 2017, 3:40:59 PM
"
@Miská

If not for the CONVENIENCE of those programs I can guarantee you I would no longer be playing this game. 100% I'm not the only one, no poll needed, I just read a lot you know. That is fact. I tried to list tabs of stuff manually without using acquisition. The pain, for me, was definitely not worth it but then I discovered acquisition and the world was right again.

I didn't actually know that the session id being used was the same one that you can find in the site settings within your normal web browser. Session id should change by, er, session and the way that GGG has implemented this is not recommended (though you know this right? -> https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Session_hijacking_attack). So, technically you are right but if I didn't know that GGG did it that way you can bet I'm not the only one. It's not like it's obvious.

Let me repeat again, without those tools (acquisition and poe.trade), I personally would never touch this game again. Again, I know I'm not the only one. XBOX users are finding out the hard way and if you can find me one sane person on the XBOX version, not working for GGG, who is ok with trade in it's current state on that platform I would be very surprised.

No way GGG takes away the public api for finding items unless they replace it with poe.trade made by GGG. 90-95% of the player base would up and leave. Sure I'm guestimating but be real here, I'm probably in the ballpark.

When you aren't too busy bashing op for no good reason, perhaps have a look at my suggestion and give some constructive criticism on that, eh? Feel free to use your opinions in your reply, that's what arguments are based on, well that, and facts if you happen to know of any.

You aint kidding about Xbox. My son plays on it, and i finally asked him to show me the trade interface. Holy fuck shits, wtf were GGG thinking. I mean if you are wanting ANYTHING besides uniques, good fucking luck. This is also why i have now lost faith they will ever upgrade trade, yet alone any time soon, they are horribly ignorant when it comes to their game, and i have grown intollerant of them. Their are far better games which embrace trade like Guld Wars 2, and Everquest.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
ShadyC wrote:

Your turn, crazy boy.

I was about to reply, but I decided to let it be. "Idiot", "crazy" and then brings up my childhood? Why is that your unable to debate anything without names, suppression techniques and being straight out rude? Isn't it possible for you to disagree with someone without name calling and acting like your in your early teens?

I'll just quit by saying that there's a/several reason(s) why GGG haven't implemented an AH - and never will, and it's not because they're unable to. But I guess they are "idiots", "crazy boys" with a bad childhood too?

Please, act like a human being, so we can have a debate. What you tried to do here, is everything but.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Danielskiv wrote:
The drop rate will be the same.

We've already agreed on the fact that "leveling gear" will be easier and cheaper to get hold of, correct me if I'm wrong. I think the same goes for "decent rares" and everything but "BiS" items. This will make the game easier - and the leveling faster. And you are certain that the drop rates won't change a little bit to compensate? Not at all? Ok. Then we just have to agree to disagree on that part. And I'll repeat myself (yes, again :): If the in-game progression (difficulty, time investment needed SSF, drop rates etc.) stays the same, then by all means, introduce whatever.

"
Danielskiv wrote:

There we go. Quite ironic that you didn't mean "mayhem" literally, nor actually said this word, but it IS implied even in the same response afterwards, right here. It is far from being balanced, but whatever floats your boat. I don't have the time now to explain why, perhaps later (even though you haven't given a reason why you think so).

I think it's fair balanced right now - between time investment needed, drops and difficulty - in addition to accessibility of gear through trading. I've beat all guardians and is close to a Shaper kill (just have to learn the mechanics of that fight a bit better) and reached 34 challenges within 3-4 weeks of the league - 80% self found. I think I've bought 4 items in total, 3 of which I'm using right now and sold about the same amount of items, maybe a little bit more - all with a "limited" amount of time investment. The whole game is totally doable self found (or closed to with limited time). In my eyes, that is a fair balance.

"
Danielskiv wrote:

"Everything will be accessible! Everything will be too easy to acquire! Progression will cease!"

You really missed (whether intentionally or not) the points I provided. It does not require an enormous level of imagination, or call it however you want, to see what I meant.

Hope it's clear enough now.

Again, you're intentionally misquoting me. I never wrote that progression will cease; I merely implied that it will change, and with change often comes other changes, adjustments or regulations. And everything won't be "too" easy to acquire; that is totally subjective. I said it will be easier, which, again, I believe will be followed by other adjustments.

It seems I'm not the only one missing points provided, maybe that's one of the reasons why I feel that I have to repeat stuff? :P

And I'll do it again (repeat myself): No, an AH with asynchronous, instant buyouts won't create mayhem, nor will it destroy the game. It won't even make me quit, I think. But I think it will change the game so much that it will force some other changes to adjust. And I believe that's the main point we disagree on; you do NOT think that said AH will will force changes to difficulty, drop rates etc, while I do. And IF an AH does change some of these elements, trade will - indirectly - be more required than it is today.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Oct 17, 2017, 3:46:49 PM
You guys are still going at it? The endurance displayed in this thread is legendary.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You guys are still going at it? The endurance displayed in this thread is legendary.

Yeah, well, I rolled +1 to endurance charges on my belt. 10 in total now.
Should have leveled up Discharge... we'd be done with this.
"
ShadyC wrote:
Phrazz... I've already deleted 3 draft opening sentences to you...

Just: What the fuck.

[Removed by Support]

So you just open with the mouth-foaming "PROVE IT" card? "GIVE ME AN EXAMPLE"?

Ok. World of Warcraft has a long-time-functioning auction house that has caused zero problems ever for over 10 years. Because of WoW's auction house, the game has an economy so reliable, nobody even thinks about complaining about it because it's been embedded into their brains passively. It's a subtle, natural part of the game. Imagine if PoE players were free to acquire whatever items they could afford, at any time they could afford it, so they may be on their way to play the actual game where their complaining energy could be spent on being one-shot or whatever.

Why do you then suggest an in-game "poe.trade" system, but then say it should limit a person's sales??? This legitimately confuses me. All it does is make you look even crazier, and legitimately invalidates all the things you say. You're clearly driven by some side shit; maybe a bad childhood experience with an auction house, or something else I can't even fathom. But whatever it is, you are clearly not looking for what's best for the general populace, and are instead more concerned with spiting people, and acting out against something that you have put all of your misplaced blame into for "ruining" one of your past favorite games.

I'll now ask you which games put in an "auction house" that ruined the game. Give details on the economic effects this had that led to the fall of the game. Even if you try to say Diablo 3 - which is false for several reasons - I'd like to still challenge you to be able to describe how that auction house negatively impacted the majority of players to the point of hurting the game.

Your turn, crazy boy.

Your mindset is wrong to begin with. Wich is why you will never appreciate how GGG wants trading to flow in this game. I mean...using WoW as an example is just beyond ignorance. The games are nothing alike. I mean, you can't even buy gear besides the few BoE items.

'Play the actual game'

That's funny considering trade IS part of the game. If you don't like it go play SSF. Or stop being lazy and use PoE.trade aslong as it's still around. I really hope for a downgrade on convenience trading wise, so every single person like you just goes away immediately. Getting so sick and tired of the entitled spoiled brat behaviour.

It's already been shown multiple times what an AH would do to this game. I feel like you just put your fingers in your ear and scream lalalala. EVERYTHING besides the handful of GG items will become completely worthless. In before you come to the forum after your dream has been fulfilled that you can't sell shit, because the market is overflown with mediocre shit.
Last edited by Miská on Oct 17, 2017, 6:05:27 PM
"
Miská wrote:

Your mindset is wrong to begin with. Wich is why you will never appreciate how GGG wants trading to flow in this game. I mean...using WoW as an example is just beyond ignorance. The games are nothing alike. I mean, you can't even buy gear besides the few BoE items.

'Play the actual game'

That's funny considering trade IS part of the game. If you don't like it go play SSF. Or stop being lazy and use PoE.trade aslong as it's still around. I really hope for a downgrade on convenience trading wise, so every single person like you just goes away immediately. Getting so sick and tired of the entitled spoiled brat behaviour.

It's already been shown multiple times what an AH would do to this game. I feel like you just put your fingers in your ear and scream lalalala. EVERYTHING besides the handful of GG items will become completely worthless. In before you come to the forum after your dream has been fulfilled that you can't sell shit, because the market is overflown with mediocre shit.

1)Trading does not FLOW in this game, that is the problem, and what does slightly flow well, is dependent on third party sites and tools

2)Yes it would be nice to play the game, instead of having to Grind Trades

3)point one, dependent on third parties

4)NOTHING has been shown or proven, infact the only items that would be worthless with an AH, are all ready worthless. The in demand items will always be in demand due to rarity/scarcity and a game designed upon layers and layers of bad range.
IGN:Axe_Crazy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info