When are we getting better trading tools?

"
Destructodave wrote:
"
Zaphkier wrote:

My point ? It's a wild guess (not really) but i think most people who are part of this "Elite" just don't want to share a more open and accessible market.

With Poe.trade we already have an indirect AH and all the cancer coming with it. Dumb prices, "meta flipping", BiS/FotM irregularity etc...
The only difference is that it's not accessible to the "casual" player. It's just not.

Far from "D3-ing" the game adding an ingame trading area/emporium would simply open-up the market to more people. It won't dumb down the knowledge on how to price your items or what's worth selling and what's not. But it will allow more people to sell shit, ffs.

I agree, and have said it off and on for years when I'm around. The people who are so adamant about not having an AH in-game are mostly people who want to keep the status quo and keep milking PoE.Trade and casuals for all they are worth.

And the more you argue with people about it the more obvious it becomes. There are some naive ones here and there that were burned by D3 or like SSF or whatever, but a lot of people gain a ton of wealth by abusing people who don't have a clue. Right now, the economy in PoE is a seller's paradise. No regulation, no punishment, nothing. You can abuse it to your heart's content for wealth with no reprocussions. The person who suffers are legitimate buyers. Noobs. Casuals. Basic traders. These are people who would benefit from a less abuseable in-game system. And thats why you get so many people that invested into the issue. You get so many people defending the status quo. There isn't an easier mob in the game to farm than an inexperienced casual player.

lol. You are so clueless it hurts. So let's take myself as an example. I have been a heavy trader for most leagues. Made 1k+ exalt every single league without much effort. Have played this game for 12-15k hours. I can pricecheck pretty much anything in this game blindfolded.

You really think a non automated AH is creating wealth for me? What the fuck do you think a automated one will do? I can just buy everything instantly to resell 100x quicker that I could now. You are actually arguing a point AGAINST an automated AH. Because of the knowledge required to trade in PoE, me and many other heavy traders will instantly become rich on day 1 of every single league without fail or effort. And this time the noobs, casuals and basic traders won't have time to rethink their price on their item, because I will buy it instantly.

And like you keep repeating 'anyone against an AH must be an abuser' I simply say: 99% of the people for an AH are newbies, people with 1 hour a week gameplay and simply bad players who believe an automated AH will make their lifes (your life) better. And it will become so much worse.

Stop being lazy and gain some knowledge. Stop being entitled about trading.
Last edited by Miská on Oct 24, 2017, 7:59:15 PM
lol. So you brag about making over a thousand Exalts from flipping.

And oppose an auction house.

Hmmmmmmm............... It's almost... as if... you know... that an auction house... would prevent flipping...???

Prices would normalize. There would be no unequal ratios of X for Y and then Y for X.

You know this.

So you oppose an AH and you try to spin it in another way.

Exposed.
"
ShadyC wrote:
lol. So you brag about making over a thousand Exalts from flipping.

And oppose an auction house.

Hmmmmmmm............... It's almost... as if... you know... that an auction house... would prevent flipping...???

Prices would normalize. There would be no unequal ratios of X for Y and then Y for X.

You know this.

So you oppose an AH and you try to spin it in another way.

Exposed.

Who said I flip currency? Fuck that boring shit. I just play the game and sell the items I find.

And before you start mouthing off how that's impossible. Because you think playing this game is not worthwhile at all. Let me link some of my old reddit posts. Then you can see in detail how I generate wealth. Without making trading even be 10% of my active PoE time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/63ifcn/loot_from_144x_mao_kun/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/68g5p7/100x_vault_vs_100x_mao_kun/

I have like dozens more like it. This game offers many options for people that bother to explore them. Not everyone who has 10+ exalts is flipping.
Last edited by Miská on Oct 24, 2017, 8:27:16 PM
If you make all that currency by playing the game and selling your finds, then what in the living fuck is the problem with any of that? What's the problem with that through poetrade? What's the problem with that through an auction house?

That's the purest source of income there is. And you're basically providing the community with valuable market saturation.

That's a great thing.

Why on earth does that make you oppose an AH???
"
ShadyC wrote:
If you make all that currency by playing the game and selling your finds, then what in the living fuck is the problem with any of that? What's the problem with that through poetrade? What's the problem with that through an auction house?

That's the purest source of income there is. And you're basically providing the community with valuable market saturation.

That's a great thing.

Why on earth does that make you oppose an AH???

Many things actually. With the knowledge I have an AH would be nothing more then a tool to cheat with. Sure I can do that already now, and frankly currency has little meaning to me as it is. But it still requires effort right now. And that effort is stopping me from becoming a trader full time and not bothering actually mapping any longer. Because I wouldn't have to if everything is automated.

Putting barries in between is important. Would I like to map with AoE pick up? Auto bank deposits? Unlimited bag space? Unlimited portals? Hell they can just let me open a map and let me spawn in a room with nothing more then all the loot that map would have given me so I can AoE pick it up and go back to my hideout. I would love all these things, but I also understand that easier and better is not always the way to go. If you want to keep trade balanced with mapping then they should take away convenience not add even more to it.

That said though I am also unhappy with current trade. Sadly people ARE abusing the system and GGG has to step in and fix it. Wether that be through hosting Poe.trade themselves or something similar I don't know. But trading right now is to easy. To exploitable. The game is become to big to allow Poe.trade to exist for much longer.
Last edited by Miská on Oct 24, 2017, 8:44:23 PM
"
Miská wrote:

lol. You are so clueless it hurts. So let's take myself as an example. I have been a heavy trader for most leagues. Made 1k+ exalt every single league without much effort. Have played this game for 12-15k hours. I can pricecheck pretty much anything in this game blindfolded.

You really think a non automated AH is creating wealth for me? What the fuck do you think a automated one will do? I can just buy everything instantly to resell 100x quicker that I could now. You are actually arguing a point AGAINST an automated AH. Because of the knowledge required to trade in PoE, me and many other heavy traders will instantly become rich on day 1 of every single league without fail or effort. And this time the noobs, casuals and basic traders won't have time to rethink their price on their item, because I will buy it instantly.

And like you keep repeating 'anyone against an AH must be an abuser' I simply say: 99% of the people for an AH are newbies, people with 1 hour a week gameplay and simply bad players who believe an automated AH will make their lifes (your life) better. And it will become so much worse.

Oh really? Exactly how do you do it? Private Indexer? More tame with just pages and pages of PoE.Trade open whooping items that people are clueless on value? Because I doubt you are manually searching on a single page for all those items to flip.

So what would be gone with an in-game system? I dunno, indexers, whoops, multiple live searches. Hardcore Flipping ends up being the game of Bots, akin to D3. Something you may not want to delve into. Right now you can pretty much equivalence that with PoE.Trade whoops; as many as your computer can run.

Yes, I think PoE.Trade is creating wealth for you. The fact you brag about flipping and making thousands of exalts attest to that.

You are, as you have mentioned, the exact person I talk about when wanting to keep the status quo. If you can just make that much with an in-game AH you wouldn't care that much. Yes, you could resell quicker, but you can't buy quicker. You are limited in the amount of items you can find for flipping, and then also limited in the actions you can do, since a website is not automatically doing it for you with live searching. Hell, you might even be price fixing for all I know, which is another thing that could be eliminated from in-game trading.

You are never going to be come as rich with an in-game system as you can now with PoE.Trade. We both know that, and its exactly why you argue so much against change.
Last edited by Destructodave on Oct 24, 2017, 8:45:05 PM
"
Destructodave wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

Oh really? Exactly how do you do it? Private Indexer? More tame with just pages and pages of PoE.Trade open whooping items that people are clueless on value? Because I doubt you are manually searching on a single page for all those items to flip.

So what would be gone with an in-game system? I dunno, indexers, whoops, multiple live searches. Hardcore Flipping ends up being the game of Bots, akin to D3. Something you may not want to delve into. Right now you can pretty much equivalence that with PoE.Trade whoops; as many as your computer can run.

Yes, I think PoE.Trade is creating wealth for you. The fact you brag about flipping and making thousands of exalts attest to that.

You are, as you have mentioned, the exact person I talk about when wanting to keep the status quo. If you can just make that much with an in-game AH you wouldn't care that much. Yes, you could resell quicker, but you can't buy quicker. You are limited in the amount of items you can find for flipping, and then also limited in the actions you can do, since a website is not automatically doing it for you with live searching. Hell, you might even be price fixing for all I know, which is another thing that could be eliminated from in-game trading.

You are never going to be come as rich with an in-game system as you can now with PoE.Trade. We both know that, and its exactly why you argue so much against change.

You should probably read the replies before you reply and make a fool outta yourself. I already explained in detail what I do to generate wealth a few posts up.
"
Miská wrote:
"
Destructodave wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

You should probably read the replies before you reply and make a fool outta yourself. I already explained in detail what I do to generate wealth a few posts up.

So while you farm maps, which is what people do anyways, you aren't whooping pages and pages of items to flip? Give me a break. There also lies the problem with the current system. Not only can you just farm maps and power game, you can live search with 15-20 PoE.Trades and not cut into your gaming time. And you are telling me you, as a heavy trader, don't do it. Give me a break guy. If you didn't you would not be affected whatsoever with a built-in system. It wouldn't bother you much at all if all your wealth came from farming 100s of maps. It would, however, bother you if you supplemented it with nearly automated flipping from your PoE.Trades auto-searching the entire time you play the game.
"
Destructodave wrote:

So while you farm maps, which is what people do anyways, you aren't whooping pages and pages of items to flip? Give me a break. There also lies the problem with the current system. Not only can you just farm maps and power game, you can live search with 15-20 PoE.Trades and not cut into your gaming time. And you are telling me you, as a heavy trader, don't do it. Give me a break guy. If you didn't you would not be affected whatsoever with a built-in system. It wouldn't bother you much at all if all your wealth came from farming 100s of maps. It would, however, bother you if you supplemented it with nearly automated flipping from your PoE.Trades auto-searching the entire time you play the game.

I don't. And I don't really care wether you believe me or not. Not everyone with wealth is flipping. It would be a good start if you could simply realize that. And from there on you might actually learn that what others do shouldn't have to affect your game experience whatsoever. There are tons of people that make good wealth farming. Wich is my point from the beginning. With limiting trade you allow other parts of the game to flourish and be viable for people with an urge for amassing wealth to pursue. With bringing in an automated AH you drop every barrier. And the AH will be the sole thing used to generate wealth.

It's kinds hilarious when you think about it. You are fighting your own cause.
"
Phrazz wrote:
I've never said the game isn't balanced around trading. Of course it is balanced around the accessibility of gear through trade, hence the pretty low drop rates. That was pretty much my point, if you managed to read my whole post. If said accessibility - you know, the one the game is balanced around now - goes WAY UP, I think they'll have to adjust the drop rates thereafter

I'm not a long-time player so you can answer this for me - when the stash tab API access was introduced, making selling items far easier for thousands of people, were there significant adjustments to drop rates? No, right? Have there ever been any other improvements to trading, and has it ever negatively affected drop rates?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info