When are we getting better trading tools?

"
Miská wrote:

People are tired of repeating the same story over and over and over. Your last sentence reflect on yourself in that case. You...just....don't...get....it.

If you actually played Diablo when it came out you would know Diablo had nothing to do with killing monsters and getting good loot. You were best off spending your day infront of the AH, being bored as fuck. Flipping for upgrades you wouldn't hope to get actually PLAYING the game. The droprates, the rarity of GG legendaries was all based on that AH. The goal wasn't killing monsters any longer. It was just play the AH game all day, and have GG gear without killing any monster ever. Trading took no effort, rewards outdid monster killing by so much that playing wasn't really an option if you cared only 1 bit about getting GG gear.

The rest of your comments don't even make any sense. You want RMT in this game apparently. Blame GGG for the community making Poe.trade (They did not want it as convenient as it is). And then continue to insult anyone with a different opinion then yourself. If you want to spend your time infront of an AH be my guest. Not me. Keeping more convenience away from trading helps to balance the effort required trading vs monster killing. Thank god GGG know this, and have stated this multiple times already, regardless of your and other peoples continues ignorance.

I played Diablo when it came out. The problem was not the AH. It was the bland items and gameplay. Everything in the game was a stat stick. There were no build enabling uniques, no elemental damage, nothing. So that 1000 dps lightning bow was no different than the 1000 dps physical one. Couple that with no seasons/leagues, meaning over saturation of stat sticks.

And I get tired of people acting like PoE.Trade doesn't exist and you guys acting like you don't use it to get items and spend all your time getting your own upgrades. It is really annoying listening to that all the time when we know that you are playing PoE.Trade just like you played D3 AH. Before live search you were sitting on PoE.Trade constantly scanning for items and upgrades just like you did on D3 AH. But with live scan upgrades you can actually play the game while your D3 AH bot scans for you.

You guys are sitting here telling me you dont use PoE.Trade? You find all your upgrades? You find all your 6l or you actually find all the fusings required to make a 6l? You find all those build enabling uniques? Pure hogwash is what that is and its insulting to peoples' intelligence that you keep arguing that point.

You play PoE.Trade just like you played D3 AH. The only difference is PoE.Trade comes with its own built-in AH bots that you wont get banned for unlike D3 AH bots.

Anyone that eventually plays this game long enough ends up playing PoE.Trade more than the game. Its the best way to make currency, period. I mean you can't even use half the shit in the game unless you trade. You need fusings. You need various types of currency. You need maps and sextants. You need somewhere to dump those items you keep talking about finding. Do you get happy when you find something worth 3-4 ex? Why? So you can list it on PoE.Trade to buy your next upgrade. There is very little of finding upgrades except while you are leveling; exactly like D3. When you hit actual end-game your finding of upgrades completely fizzles out and your upgrades come solely from PoE.Trade just like D3 AH.

This feigning of ignorance that goes on around here is off-putting. There is no way most of you are this clueless that you can pretend there is a difference in PoE.Trade gameplay and D3 AH gameplay. The only difference is PoE.Trade is far more abuseable for your average gamer. All people want is PoE.Trade built into the game so that its not a wild west of no regulations/scanning/cheating. I dont want to play the game with 15 pages open scanninm items but thats how you make profit in this game. Actually playing the game is the WORST way to make currency. You only have to play long enough to bankroll flipping. Thats it. Start flipping currency, items, etc. And you will vastly outstrip any sort of actual gaming.
"
Destructodave wrote:
And I get tired of people acting like PoE.Trade doesn't exist and you guys acting like you don't use it to get items and spend all your time getting your own upgrades. It is really annoying listening to that all the time when we know that you are playing PoE.Trade just like you played D3 AH. Before live search you were sitting on PoE.Trade constantly scanning for items and upgrades just like you did on D3 AH. But with live scan upgrades you can actually play the game while your D3 AH bot scans for you.

What?

I don't think you'll find many players in this thread that don't trade. I'm not acting like PoE.trade doesn't exist. And I even read (in this thread) that the person you are quoting also uses PoE.trade, and might not have played this game if it wasn't for the CONVENIENCE of PoE.trade. I'm ALL FOR a better trading function than PoE.trade. Even an in-game one. I wonder what you are reading, because it certainly not the same as me.

But I can tell you I'm not using live search. I'm not "actively" searching for good deals, or ways to "make money". I play the game, and if I really need an upgrade, I jump on PoE.trade, try to find what I need, and buy it. And if I find an item I think I can sell, I'll price check it, and put it up for sale. And to bypass every element of RNG the game throws at me, I'll gladly wait for an invite, visit his/her hideout and trade, or quit my map, invite him/her and trade.

I'm (we're?) not against trading. I don't think this game would survive for so long as it has without it. It's an important part of the experience. It's the efficient, effortless and instant part of the whole debate I'm against.

There's no way of implementing an AH like that, without it becoming the center of everything. Every decision that GGG will make in the future, will be done WITH the AH in mind. Every item design, every drop rate, every monster. The easier and more efficient trade gets, the more required it gets, directly and indirectly, both via game design and inflation. I don't think there's no way around that.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Oct 23, 2017, 9:11:24 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Destructodave wrote:

What?

I don't think you'll find many players in this thread that don't trade. I'm not acting like PoE.trade doesn't exist. And I even read (in this thread) that the person you are quoting also uses PoE.trade, and might not have played this game if it wasn't for the CONVENIENCE of PoE.trade. I'm ALL FOR a better trading function than PoE.trade. Even an in-game one. I wonder what you are reading, because it certainly not the same as me.

But I can tell you I'm not using live search. I'm not "actively" searching for good deals, or ways to "make money". I play the game, and if I really need an upgrade, I jump on PoE.trade, try to find what I need, and buy it. And if I find an item I think I can sell, I'll price check it, and put it up for sale. And to bypass every element of RNG the game throws at me, I'll gladly wait for an invite, visit his/her hideout and trade, or quit my map, invite him/her and trade.

I'm (we're?) not against trading. I don't think this game would survive for so long as it has without it. It's an important part of the experience. It's the efficient, effortless and instant part of the whole debate I'm against.

There's no way of implementing an AH like that, without it becoming the center of everything. Every decision that GGG will make in the future, will be done WITH the AH in mind. Every item design, every drop rate, every monster. The easier and more efficient trade gets, the more required it gets, directly and indirectly, both via game design and inflation. I don't think there's no way around that.

They can easily implement PoE.Trade into the game. No one is asking for something else. PoE.Trade is great except for key weaknesses involving scammers/scanners/botters; basically no regulation. An in-game function could eliminate most of the negatives that comes with PoE.Trade.

PoE.Trade is already the center of everything. This game would not even exist in its current form or popularity without it. The problem is its a 3rd party site, not regulated and easily abuseable. You really think this game would be anywhere near as popular without PoE.Trade or something similar? You can't even enjoy most of the game without trading. And it damn sure wouldn't be near as big with forum trading and trade chat.

Also, they are already making those decisions like they do with public stash tabs. They are profiting off the existence of PoE.Trade. You don't think they take PoE.trade into consideration when they make their decisions now? Their game basically runs off that site.

Reminds me of D2 rune words. I mean really. Multiple words with Zod in them. The only way thats even going to be possible is with bots/dupes/cheaters. Just turned a blind eye to it and even made MORE of them. Knowing full well that everyone in the game wanted them and ended up having them based on duping. But come out publicly and go "We dont condone duping/botting!" Meanwhile they put zod rune words in and continue to make more knowing that the only way people have those is from dupes and bots. Like GGG selling public stash tabs but at the same time condemning trading and AH while milking PoE.Trade for stash tab sales.
"
Destructodave wrote:

I played Diablo when it came out. The problem was not the AH. It was the bland items and gameplay. Everything in the game was a stat stick. There were no build enabling uniques, no elemental damage, nothing. So that 1000 dps lightning bow was no different than the 1000 dps physical one. Couple that with no seasons/leagues, meaning over saturation of stat sticks.

None of what you said is untrue, but my points still stand. You know the points that actually had something to do with why an AH is bad. Not why D3 was bad.

"
Destructodave wrote:

You guys are sitting here telling me you dont use PoE.Trade? You find all your upgrades? You find all your 6l or you actually find all the fusings required to make a 6l? You find all those build enabling uniques? Pure hogwash is what that is and its insulting to peoples' intelligence that you keep arguing that point.

You play PoE.Trade just like you played D3 AH. The only difference is PoE.Trade comes with its own built-in AH bots that you wont get banned for unlike D3 AH bots.

Who said anything about not using Poe.trade? I simply said it was made by us, not GGG. You can't really blame them for Poe.trade.

Also constantly scanning for items? Being constantly on Poe.trade? Have you ever played this game honestly? I use poe.trade to sell off the items I find and don't need. And pick up an upgrade when I can afford it. This is litterally the essence of PoE. Trade is an integrated part of the game. You find stuff, you sell it. You buy stuff. That's how this game works. And I don't mind it. 10% trade - 90% gameplay. You don't need to spend hours on Poe.trade to afford stuff. The game offers plenty of lucrative ingame opportunities to become wealthy.

"
Destructodave wrote:

Anyone that eventually plays this game long enough ends up playing PoE.Trade more than the game. Its the best way to make currency, period. I mean you can't even use half the shit in the game unless you trade. You need fusings. You need various types of currency. You need maps and sextants. You need somewhere to dump those items you keep talking about finding. Do you get happy when you find something worth 3-4 ex? Why? So you can list it on PoE.Trade to buy your next upgrade. There is very little of finding upgrades except while you are leveling; exactly like D3. When you hit actual end-game your finding of upgrades completely fizzles out and your upgrades come solely from PoE.Trade just like D3 AH.

This feigning of ignorance that goes on around here is off-putting. There is no way most of you are this clueless that you can pretend there is a difference in PoE.Trade gameplay and D3 AH gameplay. The only difference is PoE.Trade is far more abuseable for your average gamer. All people want is PoE.Trade built into the game so that its not a wild west of no regulations/scanning/cheating. I dont want to play the game with 15 pages open scanninm items but thats how you make profit in this game. Actually playing the game is the WORST way to make currency. You only have to play long enough to bankroll flipping. Thats it. Start flipping currency, items, etc. And you will vastly outstrip any sort of actual gaming.

Again, trading to progress is not the bad thing you make it out to be. Trading as the ONLY way to progress is. You don't need to trade much in PoE at all to progress if you don't want to. Or you can trade all day long if that's your cup of tea.

Poe.trade doesn't even come close to the convenience of an automated AH.
There are two opposing arguments here that are both valid.
1. Trading is essential to this game. Whispering "Hi I would like to buy your shit for 1a please answer me", while the other side is mapping and can't be bothered with 1a trades is NOT how trading should be done. It is also a very integral path to character builds. You simply can't expect everything to drop for you (or they would have to change it to D3 mode where everything drops like flies and things are untradable).

2. Trading without restriction is bad to this game. Because its purpose is to help character builds and occasionally fill in missing pieces. It is NOT to emulate real world, where wall street is the fastest path to fortune, especially when there's no required barrier to trades. Having no restriction to trade is like auto equipping everyone with HFT knowledge/tools and expect them to still make a living off of working in a factory. An artificial barrier is required to curb the amount you can trade.

That's why you need SOME kind of temporary BOA after an item is traded to reduce the frequency of trades. Just some example, an item can have a BOA period of a week, each person can have a listing limit of 50 per week, with only items that were recently traded (for example 2 weeks) counting towards the limit. Countermeasures are not limited to these, but you get the point.
"
Destructodave wrote:

They can easily implement PoE.Trade into the game. No one is asking for something else. PoE.Trade is great except for key weaknesses involving scammers/scanners/botters; basically no regulation. An in-game function could eliminate most of the negatives that comes with PoE.Trade.

PoE.Trade is already the center of everything. This game would not even exist in its current form or popularity without it. The problem is its a 3rd party site, not regulated and easily abuseable. You really think this game would be anywhere near as popular without PoE.Trade or something similar? You can't even enjoy most of the game without trading. And it damn sure wouldn't be near as big with forum trading and trade chat.

Also, they are already making those decisions like they do with public stash tabs. They are profiting off the existence of PoE.Trade. You don't think they take PoE.trade into consideration when they make their decisions now? Their game basically runs off that site.

Reminds me of D2 rune words. I mean really. Multiple words with Zod in them. The only way thats even going to be possible is with bots/dupes/cheaters. Just turned a blind eye to it and even made MORE of them. Knowing full well that everyone in the game wanted them and ended up having them based on duping. But come out publicly and go "We dont condone duping/botting!" Meanwhile they put zod rune words in and continue to make more knowing that the only way people have those is from dupes and bots. Like GGG selling public stash tabs but at the same time condemning trading and AH while milking PoE.Trade for stash tab sales.

No one is asking for anything else? Please, read again. The melody in here, is "instant". So yes, a lot of people are asking for something else. But if we're talking about adding PoE.trade into the game, I think you and I can agree, though I would love for live searches to disappear. I think they are a little bit over the edge.

And no, I don't see it as the center of everything. Maybe you do. I see it as a supplement, and in my eyes, that's what it should be.

And there it is again; "They are already...". Maybe they are - to a certain degree. But that's beside the point, really. Because an AH would would accelerate and multiply this. This whole "it is already bad, so it doesn't matter if we make it worse"-attitude doesn't really fly with me.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Oct 24, 2017, 2:30:55 AM
Holy fuck.

My words are being twisted, and my strong points are being ignored or sloppily dismissed.

"
ShadyC wrote:
Holy fuck.

My words are being twisted, and my strong points are being ignored or sloppily dismissed.

Welcome to the club. Everyone does it in here. You've done it too. It's a circle of joy. But you have a tendency to present your oppinnions as facts, and it's sort of toxic to any debate on any subjects. Almost as toxic as calling someone "crazy" and "idiot" just because you disagree with them ;)

I think an instant AH will:
- inflate the economy even more than poe.trade does.
- make prices on everything but BiS items be worth even less than now, much sooner every league.
- change the game in the long run in a negative direction, because every item, boss, drop rate decision and skill is being developed with the AH as a "center". And changes like this WILL make trading even more required than it is now. And you know what? it isn't THAT required now. Stating "it already is like that" isn't a fact, nor a "strong point", it's merely an opinion. You can beat the game and the Atlas without trading in a reasonable time. With "a little bit" trade, it's even easier.

It's no way of adding an instant AH without it becoming the center of everything. Claiming "it already is" isn't just plain wrong, it's ignorant. Because there's A LOT of players using trade as just a supplement when it's really needed, without "playing the market" every few minutes. Players are beating the game this way.

The problem here is that there are no "facts", only opinions. No ARPG I can think of, have implemented an AH with instant buyouts except D3, at least not with success. We don't have anything to compare to. I refuse to see this game becoming D3, where the only "sane" thing to do, was farming currency and buy whatever. And even though YOU play like this in PoE now, doesn't make "it already is like that" true.
Last edited by Phrazz on Oct 24, 2017, 4:58:53 AM
The practical joke here is that we already have an "auction house".

See, you just need to use a premium stash tab => set price => item got listed on Poe.trade.

What does an AH do ? You put an item => set a price for it => it got listed.

So, basically, yeah ...

"
Phrazz wrote:
Stating "it already is like that" isn't a fact

Yeah it is. Path of Exile's loot system is based around acquiring currency and then buying items too rare to expect to find individually. It honestly doesn't matter whether this was deliberately done to "center" the auction house (poe.trade), as the design does it anyway.

"
I refuse to see this game becoming D3, where the only "sane" thing to do, was farming currency and buy whatever.

This is so ridiculous I almost assume you're joking. Anyone can see this is how the game already works.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info