[3.1] TRICKSTER Scorching Ray + Righteous Fire MoM Boss farmer 1.8mil trash DPS

I must say this is a nice build, however with the mana regen being removed from the ascendancy, it will be harder to sustain mana when using rf. I think that if you guys really like to play rf then jugg will be 10x better. speaking from experience as I rolled this build at the start of the league and swapped to jugg and it is honestly much much better
Last edited by noobysans on Mar 18, 2018, 6:24:57 AM
Puff, that was my fault, sorry and thanks man, buuut, still degenerating a bit, so low, but a bit, is this normal?...
Last edited by Madasan on Mar 18, 2018, 8:58:07 AM
I'm having a hard time sustaining mana right now, even after getting most of the mana regen nodes from the tree. It's not much of a problem when clearing maps in general. But when fighting a map boss or a tough legendary beast things get complicated.
"
noobysans wrote:
I must say this is a nice build, however with the mana regen being removed from the ascendancy, it will be harder to sustain mana when using rf.

Mana is not a problem at all with a Blue Pearl Amulet + Essence of Misery, which along with the tree nodes solves mana regen by itself.

"
I think that if you guys really like to play rf then jugg will be 10x better. speaking from experience as I rolled this build at the start of the league and swapped to jugg and it is honestly much much better

I don't think anyone has suggested this is the best RF/SR build or anything. It's just a cheap, effective build.
I'm using 3 pieces of Craiceann (Helm, boots and 3-link body armour lol). Easy 70% physical damage reduction with 8000 armour, immune to stun and bleeding. Having only 5k5 HP in level 87 but very tanky and huge damage, even i've just spent only 2ex on my character :)
Gonna find a 5-off colour body armour and push up to level 100 :D
In my opinion jugger is stronger but can not clear as fast as trickster
Last edited by taanhdung on Mar 19, 2018, 12:47:50 AM
Still degenerating a bit, so low, but a bit, is this normal?... Could you check my profile, and tell me what to do to reach to the next level with this build?... Thanks in advance...
hi, this build work in 3.2?
I've been using something very similar to this build in Bestiary. I hadn't played POE since 2013 and decided to give it a go again just for the hell of it since there has been a ton of new stuff added. I started out just going Trickster Scorching Ray based on a video I saw by Mathilification. Using his template, I stayed SR/MOM only until I was around level 80 and could afford a Kaom's Heart (with +1 to Max Resists).

After I got Kaom's I refunded all my points that I had in Energy Shield, put them into Life and went RF/SR.

My experience so far at level 82. I have 86% Max Fire Resist from (+1 from the Corrupted Kaom's, +5 from the Rise of Phoenix, and +5 from a level 21 Purity of Fire in a +2 socket unset rare ring). I plan to pick up Barbarism in another 4 or 5 levels to raise it to a max of 87%).

I had a problem with mana regen until I maxed out what I could on my gear. I'm running Clarity with Purity of Fire which reserves about half my mana. My life is 5167, ES 346, Mana is 1853.

I don't have any problems now unless I'm running a map with the Elemental Weakness mod. Of course I'm still not doing endgame stuff yet but at the moment, it's a cake walk. I don't even pull out my Balefire except for Boss fights.

I am running with a Marble Amulet for that extra life regen. I plan to use my remaining skill points in life since that will help my overall damage and survivability.

I am using a stone golem though. I pretty much decided to try a modified version of this build. You can check it out here. http://pathofexilegems.com/builds/3-2-scorching-ray-righteous-fire/

Anyway, I am having fun now and it's a lot quicker clearing maps with RF than it was with only SR although I miss having speedy boots but Kaom's Roots seem to be working for me. I haven't used any Jewels yet in my build but that's probably because I'm golden at the moment and will put them in after I get Barbarism, if I can find some high Life ones.

This isn't a cheap build though, I spent like 22 Exalt on the corrupted Kaom's with the extra max resist. I probably didn't need it but what the hell, I had the currency.

A couple of numbers for you while I'm in my hideout with everything running. My Life Regen is 626/s and Mana Regen is 233.4/s.

Hope this helps someone out.

Edit. After playing for another day and a couple more levels, I've decided I really don't need Barbarism, it's not worth it since I'm doing just fine with my 86% Max fire resist. I bought three jewels with +7% life, some burning damage, mana regen, and resists. They weren't cheap. I avoid the no life regen/mana regen maps and do just fine on the reduced regen maps. On the elemental weakness maps I just switch out my Immortal Flesh belt (-15 resists) with a Belt of the Deceiver (+15 resists) which negates the resist penalty and I still regen just fine and dandy. Probably don't even need Immortal Flesh but I'm still using it.

In the mid tier maps at the moment since I'm trying to complete all the bonuses to increase map rate drops. Looking forward to doing red maps soon. Not having anymore problems, I barely use SR anymore except in some boss fights just to burn them down quicker.
Last edited by jadeheart6 on Mar 20, 2018, 7:14:00 AM
"
jadeheart6 wrote:

This isn't a cheap build though, I spent like 22 Exalt on the corrupted Kaom's with the extra max resist. I probably didn't need it but what the hell, I had the currency.

I spent only 2ex in my gear but i can run in red map with mod ele weakness, -10 maximum res or 40% less recovery :D. My maximum fire res is 84% but run not bad in 74% (no ruby flask) thanks to Trickster
"
taanhdung wrote:
"
jadeheart6 wrote:

I spent only 2ex in my gear but i can run in red map with mod ele weakness, -10 maximum res or 40% less recovery :D. My maximum fire res is 84% but run not bad in 74% (no ruby flask) thanks to Trickster

Yeah, I think the +1 Max Resist Kaom's was a little over the top, I probably could have just been OK with a normal one for a couple of Exalts. I saved some money buying a +2 level socket ring instead of the +3 and just combining it with a corrupted level 21 Purity of Fire since there is no difference in level 23 and 24 for max resist.

I think I have the gear enough for endgame, just don't have the maps yet to get there. ;-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info