[3.1] TRICKSTER Scorching Ray + Righteous Fire MoM Boss farmer 1.8mil trash DPS

"
mr_franta wrote:
Hi,

I liked this build in first place, because I wanted to try the RF + SR again, but even I bought nearly the required gear, I still have problem with the degenerating which is much faster than the regeneration. Generally I'm not able to simply kill bosses because I degenerate too much and then i get 1 shot.

I exported my current state of build into pastebin:

"
https://pastebin.com/Xse3R0hX

Can you help me with this? I do not know what I'm doing wrong. I tried to help myself by Ruby flask, but still, I do not have problems between trashes, but then, again, problems with boss. I know that I do not have the 6L SR, but if this build is strongly dependent on that, then...

Thanks for help.

Do you actually have a net degeneration if you're just hanging out in your hideout with RF on? If you are, there are multiple potential issues. As starter pantheons you likely want Soul of Arkaali and Soul of Abberath, then Tukohama only after you get it upgraded. Buy a lvl 20 Purity of Fire rather than your current lvl 19, can't be more than 1-2c for a failed corrupted one in BSC and make sure it's up! You have massively overlevelled your Arcane Surge - you should keep it at a level where it procs every time you cast Orb of Storms rather than every eighth time as you currently have it. If the mana cost is 47 as PoB states, Arcane Surge should be lvl 8.

If you're not degenerating in your hideout but you are in maps, you're running maps with the 'smothering' (players have -x% less recovery rate of life and energy shield) suffix or -max resist. These maps you need to run without RF, relying solely on Scorching Ray as either of those map affixes will cause a heavy net degen.

Which brings us to the main issue, your boss fights. If your net degen is about zero and you're fighting a boss that deals damage to you you'll constantly be losing life. There aree multiple solutions to this, of which more than one might be required:
- Turn off RF! (flask with 'of Dousing' suffix)
- Ruby and/or Sulphur (for the 6% consecrated ground regen) flasks
- Life and mana flasks
- Decoy Totem
- Turn off RF!

The problem with turning off RF for you is your pitiful S. Ray damage, which is why you need to replace your Catalyst with a Balefire right away. You'll lose some RF damage but double your SR damage. RF is your trash-killing skill, Ray for tough rares/uniques/bosses.
With enough recovery, a Decoy Totem and some flask management you can do most bosses with RF on for the damage boost.

Some minor notes: Efficacy is better than Controlled Destruction for SR. You don't have any helmet enchant - a fairly cheap one is the 150% increased Stone Golem effect, which is effectively a ~2.5% regen node if you have your golem up, either via CWDT-Golem or tanky with minion/totem resist and minion life supports. Rumi's Concoction as a random flask slot filler sucks.
Last edited by twitticles on Mar 12, 2018, 11:35:27 PM
How much mana regen do you need to sustain MoM while u RF on? I can sustain life no prob but mana degens quite fast if i just sit in hideout nd have RF on.

https://pastebin.com/qbr6itD5

I assume i just need more max fire res?
"
Salcuz wrote:
How much mana regen do you need to sustain MoM while u RF on? I can sustain life no prob but mana degens quite fast if i just sit in hideout nd have RF on.

I am at 170 mana regen per second, but started to sustain at 130 more or less. Its all relative to your maximun mana, also if you degen just a bit or are more or less 0 net regereneration, take into consideration the ascendancy+balefire % sustain and the ascendancy chance to gain mana after a shield charge.
"
Korrikalari wrote:
"
Salcuz wrote:

I am at 170 mana regen per second, but started to sustain at 130 more or less. Its all relative to your maximun mana, also if you degen just a bit or are more or less 0 net regereneration, take into consideration the ascendancy+balefire % sustain and the ascendancy chance to gain mana after a shield charge.

You can sustain ur mana wit RF on while just sitting in hideout at 130 regen? Im at about 2000 mana (about half reserved) nd 200 regen nd it'll burn thru my mana decently fast.
Last edited by Salcuz on Mar 13, 2018, 4:34:49 PM
"
Salcuz wrote:
"
Korrikalari wrote:
"
Salcuz wrote:

You can sustain ur mana wit RF on while just sitting in hideout at 130 regen? Im at about 2000 mana (about half reserved) nd 200 regen nd it'll burn thru my mana decently fast.

Do you have the ascendancy that reduces DoT. The correct pantheon and high fire res? I dont know how you degen wtf.
Anyone could make a lvling tree? im not sure where to go 1st, when to take mom, when to take dmg node etc etc.
"
twitticles wrote:
"
mr_franta wrote:
Hi,

I liked this build in first place, because I wanted to try the RF + SR again, but even I bought nearly the required gear, I still have problem with the degenerating which is much faster than the regeneration. Generally I'm not able to simply kill bosses because I degenerate too much and then i get 1 shot.

I exported my current state of build into pastebin:

"
https://pastebin.com/Xse3R0hX

Can you help me with this? I do not know what I'm doing wrong. I tried to help myself by Ruby flask, but still, I do not have problems between trashes, but then, again, problems with boss. I know that I do not have the 6L SR, but if this build is strongly dependent on that, then...

Thanks for help.

Do you actually have a net degeneration if you're just hanging out in your hideout with RF on? If you are, there are multiple potential issues. As starter pantheons you likely want Soul of Arkaali and Soul of Abberath, then Tukohama only after you get it upgraded. Buy a lvl 20 Purity of Fire rather than your current lvl 19, can't be more than 1-2c for a failed corrupted one in BSC and make sure it's up! You have massively overlevelled your Arcane Surge - you should keep it at a level where it procs every time you cast Orb of Storms rather than every eighth time as you currently have it. If the mana cost is 47 as PoB states, Arcane Surge should be lvl 8.

If you're not degenerating in your hideout but you are in maps, you're running maps with the 'smothering' (players have -x% less recovery rate of life and energy shield) suffix or -max resist. These maps you need to run without RF, relying solely on Scorching Ray as either of those map affixes will cause a heavy net degen.

Which brings us to the main issue, your boss fights. If your net degen is about zero and you're fighting a boss that deals damage to you you'll constantly be losing life. There aree multiple solutions to this, of which more than one might be required:
- Turn off RF! (flask with 'of Dousing' suffix)
- Ruby and/or Sulphur (for the 6% consecrated ground regen) flasks
- Life and mana flasks
- Decoy Totem
- Turn off RF!

The problem with turning off RF for you is your pitiful S. Ray damage, which is why you need to replace your Catalyst with a Balefire right away. You'll lose some RF damage but double your SR damage. RF is your trash-killing skill, Ray for tough rares/uniques/bosses.
With enough recovery, a Decoy Totem and some flask management you can do most bosses with RF on for the damage boost.

Some minor notes: Efficacy is better than Controlled Destruction for SR. You don't have any helmet enchant - a fairly cheap one is the 150% increased Stone Golem effect, which is effectively a ~2.5% regen node if you have your golem up, either via CWDT-Golem or tanky with minion/totem resist and minion life supports. Rumi's Concoction as a random flask slot filler sucks.

Thank you for help. I did not specified it, but I was burning alive even in the HO. In maps it was better because of the masive regeneration from the killing, but then during the Boss fight I was not giving enough dmg to kill him before I burned out.

The change of the pantheon souls from Tukohama into Soul of Abberath + lvl 20 purity fixed HP problem (until golem dies :D) and mana regeneration problem I fixed by taking nodes under MoM which I completelly overlooked. Sometimes is funny how simple the solution is, but I was wondering why, why it doesn't work...

For dmg boost I finally found some descent gloves with 30% more dmg + fixed Arcane Surge (I was not giving too much weight on this, because I thought I will easily exp. the gem to lvl 20 then do the receipe to get lvl8 Q20).

Now my build looks like:
"
https://pastebin.com/16iGCbV8

I was even able to finally finish (with any problems) the uber lab and get 4th ascendancy. So I hope now everything will be better and I will only get better and better :)
Hey, started playing this version of the build for the first time this league, always played the LLES version of it. is there any way of making the build tankier?

This is my current progress.
"
https://pastebin.com/qgQ0cUgK

Feeling alot more squishy as life than LLES, having the issue of going over 5k life makes me degen alot.
Any views on what i can do to improve this?
"
Virtqt wrote:
Hey, started playing this version of the build for the first time this league, always played the LLES version of it. is there any way of making the build tankier?

This is my current progress.
"
https://pastebin.com/qgQ0cUgK

Feeling alot more squishy as life than LLES, having the issue of going over 5k life makes me degen alot.
Any views on what i can do to improve this?

Dump the ten skill points you've spent east of Coldhearted Calculation (the jewel socket, Blood Drinker, Frenetic bit) and fill out the Constitution wheel (eight points) and the last two to fill out the Purity of Flesh wheel. This nets you 700hp and increases your RF damage. You're largely playing a melee build with no defenses, you need alot more hp. If you're degening alot you've got the wrong pantheons - Soul of Arkaali and Soul of Abberath, unless you got the upgraded version of Tukohama.

For me, strictly playing HC, a trickster RF/SR is not and will never be "tanky". It has a nice damage output but no means to mitigate incoming non-fire damage other than Fortify and CWDT-IC.
Good positioning, having enough RF damage to kill mobs while charging through them rather than letting them beat on you, using SR rather than being in melee range vs. scary things and ample Decoy Totem usage is what keeps me alive.
My gear is similar to this but i cant really sustain rf, i degen and when i put the MoM node i cant sustain mana

https://pastebin.com/BmLv2xsG

PS: Please tell me if its worth what ive done with the tree, i didnt get the 10 nodes of frenzy charge-life-jewel on shadow and went to marauder to get +1max fire and some like o templar
Last edited by DjNanos on Mar 16, 2018, 11:59:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info