Is Path of Exile dead?

How is this game "actually" doing? I mean players that have been playing for a long long time, are they still here? I bet not. Forum has turn into Diablo III like forum back while ago because lots of nerfing going on.

Gotta wait for that nerf to arrive for my slayer, top 3 on the list on statistic, woohoo... fun! ;) Wait for it...
Last bumped on Oct 9, 2017, 4:09:05 PM
The league is dead and while the game has a healthy population from the influx of noobs from 3.0 is headed down a terrible and dark path filled with systematic nerfs for the sake of change and a deluded vision of balance.

GGG has lost their way in favor of mtx sales from short term players who drop poe after they manage to zerg kill kitava. GGG should remember the devoted "hard core" player base that paid their way to the present day so they could spend it on xbox development and frivolous act content with no purpose other than to grab cash.

2.6 marked the death of the poe i once knew and loved when GGG decided to remove melee from the game.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Sep 26, 2017, 8:46:16 PM
Still here, still having fun. No longer quite the blind GGG fanboy I once was because wow they've made a lot of bad decisions lately, but the game is still great and GGG are still one of the best devs around. Keen to see what this upcoming expansion is all about, and just maybe hoping that the breakneck release of new stuff will slow down a bit so that all the old unloved stuff can be fixed.

(That all said, the answer to the title is a very clear no. PoE is soaring from strength to strength in terms of player base and engagement. If you want to argue that this is a short term situation at the expense of the long term, then that's a discussion I have no stake in, but a game that's just hit a new concurrent player record 4 years after release is very clearly doing well.)
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Sep 26, 2017, 8:35:12 PM
http://steamcharts.com/app/238960

That's just the Steam user base. Maybe a few thousand more using the GGG client if you want to be conservative.

Dead game for sure.
"
Nephalim wrote:
The league is dead and while the game has a healthy population from the influx of noobs from 3.0 is headed down a terrible and dark path filled with systematic nerfs for the sake of change and a deluded vision of balance.

GGG has lost their way in favor of mtx sales from short term players who drop poe after they manage to zerg kill kitava. GGG should remember the devoted "hard core" player base that paid their way to the present day so they could spend it on xbox development and frivolous act content with no purpose other than to grab cash.

2.6 marked the death of the poe i once knew and loved when GGG decided to remove melee from the gmae.

Damn.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
The game is kind of dead to me. It s no longer a game I used to love back in 2013-2014. HC used to feel more dangerous, mapping was more adventurous, road to 100 was an actual journey of grinding, the current meta "kill it before it kills you" just burned me out completely. But hey, I know there are tons of people liking the new Poe and lots of new players coming to play and support it so I wouldn't call it a dead game. In fact, despite the weak league, I think Poe' popularity is at its highest peak. I believe the game will exist for a long time
YUP. POE DAED GAEM.
"
Gref wrote:

That's just the Steam user base. Maybe a few thousand more using the GGG client if you want to be conservative.

Dead game for sure.

Steam client users are not a majority portion of the players.
"
viperesque wrote:

(That all said, the answer to the title is a very clear no. PoE is soaring from strength to strength in terms of player base and engagement. If you want to argue that this is a short term situation at the expense of the long term, then that's a discussion I have no stake in, but a game that's just hit a new concurrent player record 4 years after release is very clearly doing well.)

Ofc I didn't mean dead by dead, but in stases like Diablo III is, we all know Diablo III is still alive, there are new playerbase coming and same as here but numbers of older players and current player is not healthy as it was before shall I say stupid nerf? Diablo III is more than 4 years, it's still alive.

I remember the time before I left Diablo III because im so tired of all nerf, all those hard work to get the right item to make the build work. Same as here, surely there is similar here. I think the player is spiked because of "xbox console" but once people figure out that it's not worth ther time spending on a free game that is a another cash grab cosmetic game soon or later they gonna leave because no matter how hard they work to get item or whatever it's the nerf that killing the game.

If nerfing you must improve other stuff, like Blizzard is doing right now on PTR. Im kinda upset after going to the statistic thread, see "my char" being top I thinking to myself should I keep playing.

"
Gref wrote:

Dead game for sure.

Im not looking at steam statistic, im looking at forum posts that's been made, there are just "few" key stuff they could actually do to really improve the game. It's wandering same path as Diablo III did.

"
Dr1MaR wrote:
It s no longer a game I used to love back in 2013-2014. HC used to feel more dangerous, mapping was more adventurous, road to 100 was an actual journey of grinding, the current meta "kill it before it kills you" just burned me out completely.

Yes pretty much this and then they probably/likely to nerf this down to the ground. Who's gonna stick and play the game or are they just relying on the shop to cash grab fast money?
Last edited by Babymakerkiller69 on Sep 26, 2017, 9:28:29 PM
The irony of PoE is that is kind of walking the same path than Diablo (from I to III). It started as a slow, deliberate game and now it's a speedfest.

Either way, if GGG keeps having fresh ideas from time to time I'm happy. The game, objectively talking is far from dead. Eventually it will decay, but that's the fate of everything.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Sep 26, 2017, 9:32:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info