Is Path of Exile dead?

"
Nephalim wrote:
The league is dead and while the game has a healthy population from the influx of noobs from 3.0 is headed down a terrible and dark path filled with systematic nerfs for the sake of change and a deluded vision of balance.

GGG has lost their way in favor of mtx sales from short term players who drop poe after they manage to zerg kill kitava. GGG should remember the devoted "hard core" player base that paid their way to the present day so they could spend it on xbox development and frivolous act content with no purpose other than to grab cash.

2.6 marked the death of the poe i once knew and loved when GGG decided to remove melee from the game.
GGG lost their way when they decided to make the core of the game the smallest most insignificant part of the game. How the fuck they thought that was a good idea is baffling.
Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang
"
How is this game "actually" doing? I mean players that have been playing for a long long time, are they still here? I bet not. Forum has turn into Diablo III like forum back while ago because lots of nerfing going on.

Gotta wait for that nerf to arrive for my slayer, top 3 on the list on statistic, woohoo... fun! ;) Wait for it...

"
Nephalim wrote:
The league is dead and while the game has a healthy population from the influx of noobs from 3.0 is headed down a terrible and dark path filled with systematic nerfs for the sake of change and a deluded vision of balance.

GGG has lost their way in favor of mtx sales from short term players who drop poe after they manage to zerg kill kitava. GGG should remember the devoted "hard core" player base that paid their way to the present day so they could spend it on xbox development and frivolous act content with no purpose other than to grab cash.

2.6 marked the death of the poe i once knew and loved when GGG decided to remove melee from the game.

While I still pretend to play (I want to get beachhead maps, to get to lvl 100 as easily as harb players - and if they nerf those maps before I hoard enough of them, I definitely quit), it's just not the same anymore. Had to replace my 7 year old gpu with 1050 Ti to have slightly better fps than I had pre 3.0.
Fun thing, I finally found job and have literaly 100 x times the disposable income I used to have for the last 3 leagues, yet I can't justify spending any more money on the game, between upgrading tabs to premium going into remove only tabs (hey, I'm Std player at heart), idiotic plot making me support karui savages fighting supporting kitava (I could see where it was going instantly, yet I had to help those idiots who in turn helped Kitava), game allowing me (or my golems, sadly) to kill innocent Oriathan civilians and killing ES builds that are okay-ish only with legacy 50ex gear in std (unless I'd use some 500 es shield, that is legacy too, good luck with shield on srs...), unless you are NOT summoner/ED or totems, and lastly everyone going berserker and slayer - no more money from me. Spending any more money would count as supporting the change of direction by GGG team. It's like giving a bracelet to a girlfriend who dumped you, just because her birthday is coming - nope.

"
I was talking to a friend today in ts3 about diablo 3 if ist worth come for a while back ...
the answere is if you want see the trash Blizzard done with this nerfing shit you will dc in 3 days later !

the answere i was thinking ...
i stoped d3 cause poe was inspiring me more to Play as a Hobby gamer with my 37 years !

now i watch the Player base shrinking like d3 ... so death ist not now ... but if the bann the fun shit continues ... so then ist start to die !

my complete guild active members are gone !
since 3.0 !

so something stinks here total ..

but i realy not sure if they care about our hopes to make poe like it was !
A DIABLO KILLER ..

fun is gone for now !

Well, I joined a guild that apparently exists since 2013, and even the guild leader ragequit and demoted himself not even to officer, but to normal member. Not that he plays at all even.

Last but not least, comparing player numbers is like describing history when decimated german army recruited grandpas and kids to fight. Technically, number of soldiers could stay the same, technically... Let me tell you a joke about your statistical reasoning.
Spoiler
Two homeless guys were sitting at a bar, lamenting how poor they were.
"I'm just so dirt poor," one of them said.

Just then, Bill Gates walked into the bar.

"Cheer up," said his friend. "On average, everyone in this bar just became a billionaire.".

Last thing about "new players". I've met more and more players who have one league under belt and 100 ex in stash. What they did - just started the game, picked wander and accumulated wealth. They started the game on so high note, I can't imagine them not burning out quickly. Meanwhile I was playing the game for half a year without VP (!), vinktar (!), as a self-cast spellcaster (!), occultist (!). If I just started back then in perandus with some double dip guy, I'd probably quit much sooner.
Why bother finding a Mirror of Kalandra if it can be [Removed by Support]
Killing the Elder or Shaper while following someone's build is like finding a street using google maps - such an achievement!
Last edited by Prostitute4Money on Sep 27, 2017, 2:55:54 AM
"
How is this game "actually" doing? I mean players that have been playing for a long long time, are they still here? I bet not.

Been playing for six years and still here. What I would like to see is whatever league mechanic they have planned next not be so graphic intensive that it causes massive frame rate drops. The mechanic should be the interesting part - NOT the flashy graphics.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Sep 27, 2017, 3:21:39 AM
Ofc there gonna be some gems left over all these years like Diablo III, but likely that game people had left long ago.

How can the company actually improve this than going downhill for shop fast cash grabs? Currently Im just Daily zana spam, because at beginning of the league im focused on just farming level 100 but then realized my char gonna get nerfed to the ground and see no points in doing so.

So everyday I login, I do it purely just doing normal/cruel/merciless labs for other people or just let other join daily missions/join other. Sitting there in the chat spamming all day. Encourage people to spam every few seconds. This is how endgame look for me on daily basis.

The trade chat, unable to catch up with all seller and have to rely on the poe.trade, why isn't there actual option to sell stuff in game?

Just to name a few things that probably had been brought up in forum and im sure many leave for these reasons. Instead of gaining more why go plus/minus players? One day it's gonna be desert by everyone but then they already have their money from the shop. Feel like some of those recycled pet is just too much. Improve the game than release more shop everyday/week!

Nerf, trading is bad, the daily mission to get you going.
Last edited by Babymakerkiller69 on Sep 27, 2017, 7:28:24 AM
I don't think it's dead but none of my friends still play it and i'm not happy what they did to build variaty. It was a straight up downhill since AOE nerfs and 250% boss HP was the worst decisions ever.

I'm enjoying mapping less and less, i might have a stockholm syndrome for putting up with GGG's nerfs.

And GGG's deluded idea of success this league comes from seeing the profits from Chaos Mystery Boxes, calling it their most successful tranzaction up to date, thinking players that bought them are happy customers who enjoy the game.

The reality is it just made me feel like a scammed sucker for investing 3 times the price of a pair of wings that are locked away behind RNG MTX for 4 months, and still not beeing able to get them and ending up with tons of ugly duplicates i never wanted and can't even delete.

I still play the game but i'm not happy with it, they became big and greedy and don't care for the soul of the game anymore, and that is reflected by their balancing team who constantly ruin the game.
"
PayneK wrote:
I don't think it's dead but none of my friends still play it and i'm not happy what they did to build variaty. It was a straight up downhill since AOE nerfs and 250% boss HP was the worst decisions ever.

I'm enjoying mapping less and less, i might have a stockholm syndrome for putting up with GGG's nerfs.

And GGG's deluded idea of success this league comes from seeing the profits from Chaos Mystery Boxes, calling it their most successful tranzaction up to date, thinking players that bought them are happy customers who enjoy the game.

The reality is it just made me feel like a scammed sucker for investing 3 times the price of a pair of wings that are locked away behind RNG MTX for 4 months, and still not beeing able to get them and ending up with tons of ugly duplicates i never wanted and can't even delete.

I still play the game but i'm not happy with it, they became big and greedy and don't care for the soul of the game anymore, and that is reflected by their balancing team who constantly ruin the game.

I think boss HP would be fine if they had good rewards for killing them.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:

Kinda resume the situation.
Bosses were already not much rewarding before but right now with double healthpool it doesn't even worth it to kill them twice except for Atlas.

I dropped half of the worthy unique items list the same day from trash mobs in early league, in low / mid tier maps and honestly i was a bit mad with that. Happy because it was the first time i had so much luck, unhappy because i think it shouldn't even be possible to drop those like that.

The risk vs reward is gone, farming shaper isn't much rewarding either - Uber Atziri is slightly more rewarding on the long run tought that's already cool ( depend of RnG still ).

Hf :)
"
PayneK wrote:

Oh man, I remember when I bought first 3 boxes so excited... its a pure cash grab, I barely get anything from it hoping for banner or the wings
"

Are you sure you actually are interested in playing an aRPG? (as in developing characters)

You don't seem to understand nerfs and why you should want them.
Perception is reality.
"
Heli0nix wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:

Kinda resume the situation.
Bosses were already not much rewarding before but right now with double healthpool it doesn't even worth it to kill them twice except for Atlas.

I dropped half of the worthy unique items list the same day from trash mobs in early league, in low / mid tier maps and honestly i was a bit mad with that. Happy because it was the first time i had so much luck, unhappy because i think it shouldn't even be possible to drop those like that.

The risk vs reward is gone, farming shaper isn't much rewarding either - Uber Atziri is slightly more rewarding on the long run tought that's already cool ( depend of RnG still ).

Yup, as of right now the game is too easy. I want to play to make my character better but fact remains, they keep dumbing it down more and more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info