Is Path of Exile dead?

This kind of thread is normal near the end of the 2nd month after the start of a new league. Playerbase joins in for the fun, and they start accomplishing their goals and then their playtime dwindles down and eventually they stop playing.

Then the new league start, and we join in for the ride again! This is the model of POE for a majority of the players in my opinion (including myself and almost everyone I play with). Many people have said in the past that 3 months in between new content is too long a time period, but let's face it, developing new content is not that easy and implementing new league ideas probably take a long time to test/etc.

What nerfs are people complaining about? The double-dipping? VP? ES? AOE? GGG will balance their game to the best of their ability, and so far I think they've done a good job. VP was never meant for ES, and double-dipping was never meant to be so easy. ES nerf was to change the meta, and AOE is to slow down clear-speed. All changes with the right intention, and they will find the balance yet again in the future.

Game is far from dead for me.
poe ded gaem thread detected
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Judging by yesterday trades population density in the league is usual.
"
Poe is dead

Yes, it's terrible ... but it's true ...

POE is dead ...

... for 3 weeks and the beginning of the new league ;p
If the first page of the general discussion forum is not filled with new posts of the current day, the MMORPG game is dying.
Not a great standard, but a reasonable one.

But PoE is seasonal... not meaning to use the term "season", but "leagueonal" isn't a word.
Its not dead but id say the huge takeaway nerfs in 3.0 (and before) will lead it into a all time low soon. GGG have to deliver some action to counter that developement.

- Bring back pack density in red maps that was ninja nerfing in nearly all of them
(GGG made it easier to reach lvl 100 with beachheads than ever before while fucking every red map)
- Make crafting viable again: bring back occurence chance of flaring from masters league and hybrid dmg mods
- ES feels like utter garbage. ES meta was dethroned (and i appreciate it) but the current state is just another slap in the face. Bring back ES ring crafts along with 10% life craft prefix
- Better league in 3.1 (garbringer didnt deliver)
- Rework armour and evasion
- Remove alt + f4 balance from the game (starting at removing alt + f4 insta logout - make hc a real challenge)

This is my positive list of changes. Id also have a nerf list which includes SRS summoners, Totems, Scorching Ray, Righteous Fire, Elemental Damage conversion (in general) and a few other points but im more inclined to bring the positive things to the table.
Last edited by zzang on Oct 4, 2017, 1:49:07 PM
"
zzang wrote:
Its not dead but id say the huge takeaway nerfs in 3.0 (and before) will lead it into a all time low soon. GGG have to deliver some action to counter that developement.

- Bring back pack density in red maps that was ninja nerfing in nearly all of them
(GGG made it easier to reach lvl 100 with beachheads than ever before while fucking every red map)
- Make crafting viable again: bring back occurence chance of flaring from masters league and hybrid dmg mods
- ES feels like utter garbage. ES meta was dethroned (and i appreciate it) but the current state is just another slap in the face. Bring back ES ring crafts along with 10% life craft prefix
- Better league in 3.1 (garbringer didnt deliver)
- Rework armour and evasion
- Remove alt + f4 balance from the game (starting at removing alt + f4 insta logout - make hc a real challenge)

This is my positive list of changes. Id also have a nerf list which includes SRS summoners, Totems, Scorching Ray, Righteous Fire, Elemental Damage conversion (in general) and a few other points but im more inclined to bring the positive things to the table.

SO true I just respecced last night into full es inspired by a quad sortching ray totem guide. well guess what? Its been a full day of trying to figure out what im doing wrong getting 1 shotted by monkeys in t1 maps. Thia after taking a year off from the game due to al the nerfs. then come back to find out the nerf is still alive and kicking. hell one of the last things i did before i quit in dec 2016 was sell a legacy facebreakers (not even true legacy-only a 2nd-nerf legacy) only to read the patch otes for 3.0.0 to find facebreakers was nerfed AGAIN!!! rofl
yes it is dead ...
;-) one onlinegame for singleplayer ... at last im waiting for a offlinemod
its not nessary to play online this game only for trading and buying something by ggg
Last edited by silhmaril on Oct 8, 2017, 3:35:03 PM
All time high for people on steam playing at the same time is 98,110. That is AUG 2017. The average playing now is 53,700 but that's far better than the game ever done on steam. Pretty safe to say the game isn't dying anytime soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info