Innocence fight

"
TheLiberation wrote:

If your answer is "outlevel the fight" or "you need to learn it and you'll be fine after you do it 10 times", it's not an answer for a fight in Part I, normal difficulty.

Innocence (and the rest of the Gods) are all technical fights that are more about paying attention to the gods and the environment then they are about just dealing and negating damage.

However in this game there needs to be a first fight like this. They choose it to be this one.

This one has the benefit of being two phased so that way you can get used to some of the mechanics before adding others.

This one also has the benefit of being a more technical then most of the following God Battles. So that way when you fight others you feel "I got this. I can do this."

After this there is Kitava, very similar, except you also cannot dps it away (Innocence is still possible to do that).

Kitava has the "benefit" of Act 5 being a practice run for the mechanics.

After that is the various God fights.

While the other Gods are not as memorable as the Innocence and Kitava fights, getting through the Innocence and Kitava fights and getting used to the technical play is what makes the other God fights sooth sailing in comparison.

If I had not fought Innocence first, or Kitava, I would have that Toukahama was quite a hard technical battle. After Innocence and Kitava it is just another technical battle.
"
CidAvadose wrote:
"
TheLiberation wrote:

If your answer is "outlevel the fight" or "you need to learn it and you'll be fine after you do it 10 times", it's not an answer for a fight in Part I, normal difficulty.

Innocence (and the rest of the Gods) are all technical fights that are more about paying attention to the gods and the environment then they are about just dealing and negating damage.

However in this game there needs to be a first fight like this. They choose it to be this one.

This one has the benefit of being two phased so that way you can get used to some of the mechanics before adding others.

This one also has the benefit of being a more technical then most of the following God Battles. So that way when you fight others you feel "I got this. I can do this."

After this there is Kitava, very similar, except you also cannot dps it away (Innocence is still possible to do that).

Kitava has the "benefit" of Act 5 being a practice run for the mechanics.

After that is the various God fights.

While the other Gods are not as memorable as the Innocence and Kitava fights, getting through the Innocence and Kitava fights and getting used to the technical play is what makes the other God fights sooth sailing in comparison.

If I had not fought Innocence first, or Kitava, I would have that Toukahama was quite a hard technical battle. After Innocence and Kitava it is just another technical battle.
dominus and malachai were also 'technical' battles, they just dont have too much hp nowadays and dont hit as hard as before. especially malachai. two phases, phases of invulnerability and the final battle is pretty mechanical.
"
CidAvadose wrote:

All boss fights are "technical". The problem with Innocence isn't knowing what he's going to do, that's telegraphed and easy enough, the problem is that it deals so much damage so fast that the slightest mistake is going to get you instantly obliterated. Not. Good.
"
CidAvadose wrote:
"
TheLiberation wrote:

The first fight like this is Vaal Oversoul already. You can take no damage the entire fight if you understand the mechanics. Dominus is much more complex, but another very clear example (and imo one of the best-designed boss fights in the game, it seems to be a fairly common view too).

And Zahlruebe above me pretty much explained the entire point perfectly.
Couldn't agree more. What an utter disaster of a boss fight. I almost threw my mouse out the window. The momentary elation from having beaten him only to find out I have to do the same bullshit again is enough to make me not want to continue the game. Presumably, as it is a mid-level boss fight, the rest only get harder. In which case, fine, game wins. I accept defeat.

Whoever thought up that fight... *sigh* well done, I guess -____-
"
Morgatu_ wrote:
Couldn't agree more. What an utter disaster of a boss fight. I almost threw my mouse out the window. The momentary elation from having beaten him only to find out I have to do the same bullshit again is enough to make me not want to continue the game. Presumably, as it is a mid-level boss fight, the rest only get harder. In which case, fine, game wins. I accept defeat.

necro much?
I dont see any any key!
"
Morgatu_ wrote:

Well yeah, this retarded boss can spam his bullet hell on the top of your head (someone even made video for example) and kill you in like one second (if you are playing melee).

If you are playing on SC why would you even care? Just corpse-zerg him, same story with kitava, who the fuck even cares, boss fights in this game are utter trash anyways and this will probably not be changed in any time soon.

If you are playing on HC, well, why would you do that in the game where all boss fights are retarded and in general you can be randomly one-shotted in any scenario?
dead game
bring back 3.13
Last edited by Tainted_Fate on May 31, 2018, 5:52:39 AM
Agree that fight can be unfair. I have had major problems and then no problems at all.

Perhaps a little off topic but it occurred to me during a fight with Act 10 Kitava. If only Innocence would fight like he did in his fight in Act 5. LOL. Ofc, we are supposed to be the one kill him but after the fury and power we see from Innocence and all the the deaths we get often suffer at his hands, it's funny to see him being such a dribble-dick against Kitava; might as well not be there.

Edit: Said Sin instead of Innocence, oops.
Last edited by Culblade2 on May 31, 2018, 11:56:56 AM
"
Culblade2 wrote:
Agree that fight can be unfair. I have had major problems and then no problems at all.

Perhaps a little off topic but it occurred to me during a fight with Act 10 Kitava. If only Innocence would fight like he did in his fight in Act 5. LOL. Ofc, we are supposed to be the one kill him but after the fury and power we see from Innocence and all the the deaths we get often suffer at his hands, it's funny to see him being such a dribble-dick against Kitava; might as well not be there.

Edit: Said Sin instead of Innocence, oops.

Well if we go that far... he is lvl40 or so, of course he isnt doing much against a lvl70 enemy. Not to mention that players have far less HP then mobs, so if he deals regular damage to you it hardly scraches a boss :P

Overall the fight improved a lot, of course you cannot really play the fight without sounds, but then again that is by design, you can't play without looking at your screen too.

The thing with this fight is that he is super easy to abuse, since his bullet hell doesnt do much if you block it with totems or a frostwall.

The fight was a lot worse during the Beta, and those stats are from Harbinger, the first league after his release. And Dominus and Malachai were way worse. The amount of deaths people took before realizing that his bubble is safe for the blood rain might be enough to top that list. And even Piety was murderous at first. And it kinda feels right to have the ends of each part a bit harder than the other bosses. Act5 and 10 are overall more difficult than the others (although some of the optional bosses are a bit annoying, but then again they are optional).
"
RonY_Warrior wrote:
Innocence and kitava fights are hard the first time.
After reroll, the second fights are easier, maybe 1 ou 2 death.
After that, it will be deathless.

Everybody need to learn how to deal with it.

But i agree, the first time i got rape too.
And I was mad ! :)

That was me the other day.

I went upstairs, watched a few Archer episodes to get me through the 5 stages of grief, and rerolled. Oh, and I read up on boss mechanics after that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info