Innocence fight

Innocence fight is just about the best boss fight in the game. He made me extremely anxious on all my HC toons I leveled this league - I think that's how it should be. However, his bullet hell needs some tweaking. Sometimes, there's just no other way than to log out due to the trajectory of the nova which makes your cover useless.
Kitava is <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< powerful than innocence. Kitava may kill you but at least you have a fair chance at the fight. Innocence on the other hand has a beam that nukes you in 5 seconds even if you cap your fire resistance. To me, this is the single-most unbalanced fight throughout the story.
"
Slicer9875 wrote:
Kitava is <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< powerful than innocence. Kitava may kill you but at least you have a fair chance at the fight. Innocence on the other hand has a beam that nukes you in 5 seconds even if you cap your fire resistance. To me, this is the single-most unbalanced fight throughout the story.

You know you're not supposed to face tank the beam right? Especially after the fourth second you should have noticed that something was going wrong in that strategy :p
"
Slicer9875 wrote:

to be fair that beam should never hit you, its super easy to avoid just run in circles lol
I dont see any any key!
Innocence and kitava fights are hard the first time.
After reroll, the second fights are easier, maybe 1 ou 2 death.
After that, it will be deathless.

Everybody need to learn how to deal with it.

But i agree, the first time i got rape too.
And I was mad ! :)
Last edited by RonY_Warrior on Sep 14, 2017, 12:21:44 PM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Stay behind the statues and you'll be fine.

Here is a good suggestion

"
k1rage wrote:
portals are you friend

when he bullet hells just go to town

Here is another good suggestion

"
Elemenz wrote:
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
He yells "I am your god!" when he's casting it and there's a delay before the big orb starts shooting projectiles. It's not like you don't have warning.

Not everyone plays with speech sounds on,
or sounds, while listening to music or podcasts.

Here is a good suggestion you choose to ignore because you don't wanna pause your music for 2 minutes? lol

My own personal strategy is to just take it easy against him and dps him when there is a safe window of opportunity. In other words dodging his attacks has a higher priority than actually damaging him at every single possible second. Works fine for me. Haven't lost a character to him yet :)

If you have a quicksilver and somewhat decent reaction time there is no way you cannot make in safety behind the statue.
My main issue with this fight is still the same:

It's very well designed and rewards skill - but the damage is too damn merciless.

Keep in mind that before 3.0, this was about the time in the game where you faced Cruel Brutus, and even Cruel Merveil was WAY easier. I died once or twice doing this fight because I was pretty careless (didn't expect to get facemelted so hard, so was pretty casual doing act 5), I can imagine the WTF moment many new players to the game will have.

The fight design is very good and almost a polar opposite to the crappy spamfest that is Malachai, for example. But the damage needs to be toned down, it's a pretty stupid difficulty spike.

To the endgame farmers with an ego: Normal difficulty was not designed with you in mind. Just because you can handle it, doesn't mean it's balanced.
"
TheLiberation wrote:
To the endgame farmers with an ego: Normal difficulty was not designed with you in mind. Just because you can handle it, doesn't mean it's balanced.

It's a good thing to challenge players. Not just experienced players but also casuals. If everything is a pushover all the way from act 1 to act 10 the game tedious and it discourages players from giving endgame a go since they think it has no challenge to offer.

If you are a new player in Softcore it makes no difference besides a small challenge that only takes a few minutes to overcome. If you are in HC you know it's coming and you have plenty of time to prepare before going into to that fight.

And finally: We only have 1 difficulty. Normal difficulty is for everyone. Casuals and experienced players alike.
"
k1rage wrote:
portals are you friend
when he bullet hells just go to town

Doesn't that reset the fight?
"
Frankenberry wrote:
"
TheLiberation wrote:

It's a good thing to challenge players. Not just experienced players but also casuals. If everything is a pushover all the way from act 1 to act 10 the game tedious and it discourages players from giving endgame a go since they think it has no challenge to offer.

If you are a new player in Softcore it makes no difference besides a small challenge that only takes a few minutes to overcome. If you are in HC you know it's coming and you have plenty of time to prepare before going into to that fight.

And finally: We only have 1 difficulty. Normal difficulty is for everyone. Casuals and experienced players alike.

I'm not disagreeing on the one difficulty aspect, but I suspect you are mistaken about how much the "average" player - which is nobody on this forum - will rise to the occasion and improve when presented with a challenge like that.

As Greg Street observed, when they tried that approach in WoW what they found was that most people just gave up, never progressing past the point where there was a "challenge cliff"; they would improve with a moderate slope, and give up in the face of too big a step.

Which, I agree with the OP, Innocence is. It, and the two Kitava fights, are dramatically more difficult than the other challenges you face at the time. (Through act 10 entirely has a steep slope for difficulty, if you have not capped resists, which isn't something you get told to do at all by the game.)

Anyway, I suspect that "one difficulty" is actually a long term mistake, since "just increase the numbers" and/or "modify or weaken mechanics", are viable strategies for providing players different degrees of challenge.

That said, if you have identical rewards, it leads to a lot of people complaining that they are "forced" to play "easy-mode", because it is the fastest way to get the same rewards.

On the other hand, if you have different rewards, a (largely overlapping) set of players complain that it's really hard to play "hard-mode", but you are "forced" to do it, because it has greater rewards...

Can't really win that one. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info