[3.7] Ahfack's Crimson Cyclone | Shaper FULL Life Kill Vid | 100% Pure Phys | All Content | PoBs

running my own modification of your build, scion slayer+juggernaut , 6 endu charges, 6200hp , 105k unbuffed hideout dps
This configuration (as per the build) gives us 20% life, 10 strength and some mana cost reduction.

This configuration costs the same and still gives us 20% life, but offers 40 strength. A touch more health and damage, right?

So I'm confused as to why we take the mana reduction over extra strength, as I've never run out of mana in combat, all thanks to this little sucker (which the build says we take):

Go easy on me if there's something silly I completely missed here, I am but a scrub.
You are correct that the non mana reduction nodes are more efficient hp. The mana nodes can be exceptional QoL on no regen/low regen maps as they _generally_ allow you to whiff an extra cyclone spin before you have to bloodmagic leapslam to get the mana back. If you don't notice the difference or generally never find yourself with no mana then the other pathing is indeed better!
Do you use normal jewels, or abyss onees with flat phys?
Hi dude,

I've some troubles with your build : Monsters and boss in tier 8-9-10 map completly rekt me. Basicly, they one shoot me most of the time. i don't know what i can do be more tanky. All my resistance are 75% except for chaos.

I've made some change in the tree to take % maximum life. Actually i'm 4673 hp. It's normal or should i change items / runes ?

Ty sir, i really need your help :)

P.S : it's my first league in poe

Last edited by spybass on Mar 26, 2018, 8:50:46 AM
Isn't a self-flagelation gem a temporary solution for running 2 curses? Or it's the damage per curse on yourself too much to handle it?
"
MiguelFg wrote:
Isn't a self-flagelation gem a temporary solution for running 2 curses? Or it's the damage per curse on yourself too much to handle it?

Self-flaggelation allows you to apply an extra curse on yourself not enemies.
One thing i don't understand is why do most ppl actually use disfavour rather than starforge? Like, any decent starforge would easily outperform even 30% quality disfavour in terms of dps, while having more area, constant shock on enemies and extra life. Disfavour might be good with smth like hatred, hoa, flasks etc, but we are playing full phys here. Correct me if i'm wrong.
"
spybass wrote:
Hi dude,

I've some troubles with your build : Monsters and boss in tier 8-9-10 map completly rekt me. Basicly, they one shoot me most of the time. i don't know what i can do be more tanky. All my resistance are 75% except for chaos.

I've made some change in the tree to take % maximum life. Actually i'm 4673 hp. It's normal or should i change items / runes ?

Ty sir, i really need your help :)

P.S : it's my first league in poe

You should focus on some gear upgrades with better life rolls...
I still dont have a belly for my character (using a cheap liferolled chest) and am over 5.5k (though I do have a few more levels on you).
Also keep an eye out for a better dps weapon. You can find a solid rare between hezmana and atziri that won't be crazy expensive.
Last edited by meesternibbles on Mar 26, 2018, 3:47:10 PM
"
deeferg wrote:
One thing i don't understand is why do most ppl actually use disfavour rather than starforge? Like, any decent starforge would easily outperform even 30% quality disfavour in terms of dps, while having more area, constant shock on enemies and extra life. Disfavour might be good with smth like hatred, hoa, flasks etc, but we are playing full phys here. Correct me if i'm wrong.

d3s0 wrote:

To answer the question "Why more people use Disfavour?":
a) Disfavour is cheaper, especially at league start.
b) It is better than Starforge for Cyclone builds, especially this one, unless you invest like 50ex+ in gear and don't go Resolute Technique. (For pretty much any other 2H melee build, Starforge wins).
c) In this league we got 30% quality beastcraft, which favours Disfavour big time due to it's damage coming from a flat phys roll vs % on starforge (I'm running with 655.5 pdps Disfavour atm, for the reference).

And for people who are interested in attack range of Disfavour vs Starforge, it is almost the same. Starforge gets +1 range from tree and 20% inc from itself, Disfavour gives +2 from itself, totalling to almost the same in final result.
Last edited by MiguelFg on Mar 26, 2018, 4:19:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info