[3.7] Ahfack's Crimson Cyclone | Shaper FULL Life Kill Vid | 100% Pure Phys | All Content | PoBs

"
Drezz wrote:
"
Scottcombs wrote:

30% quality recipe on disfavour, maybe go with 4R1G1B cause it's a more standard setup if you care about resale value.

Then probably attack speed/essenced gloves

While these are all things he should do, they don't actually address his issue. They all add damage and he is talking about survival issues.

Most of the people commenting with issues are actually having the squish feeling. The damage is nuts. I know my gear is crap, but my damage is great and I am a bit concerned about the future since I do already have health on all my gear and still have a very low health pool. I need gems and levels, and I need some better rolls on gear, but with only 145% health on the tree it is still something that worries me.
"
KeenSenses wrote:
"
flip1 wrote:
"
Drezz wrote:

Current meta is indeed 1g5r

Why is this exactly? Would the inc aoe not help while mapping, and the conc effect not be better for major bosses? I'm not really understanding the whole switch to 5r1g. Just starting and piecing together my character now so hopefully I can get it all sorted before 75.

Also, as far as I can tell in pob the points spent for bleed seem to be a total waste. Is it just not calculating it properly?

PoB does not calculate bleed properly. AhFack even makes a comment about it when he links the pastebin. For bosses you can see how much damage it does by just moving away and watching their health drop. It really has no effect on normal mobs as they die before it kicks in much anyways.

Basically with cull and bleed I find that whatever bleed is on a straggler will kill them while I move to the next pack.

That makes sense. I'll give it a shot as is then. What about the 5r1g? I don't see the benefit over swapping inc aoe for conc effect when needed. Anyone?
"
KeenSenses wrote:
"
Drezz wrote:
"
Scottcombs wrote:

30% quality recipe on disfavour, maybe go with 4R1G1B cause it's a more standard setup if you care about resale value.

Then probably attack speed/essenced gloves

While these are all things he should do, they don't actually address his issue. They all add damage and he is talking about survival issues.

Most of the people commenting with issues are actually having the squish feeling. The damage is nuts. I know my gear is crap, but my damage is great and I am a bit concerned about the future since I do already have health on all my gear and still have a very low health pool. I need gems and levels, and I need some better rolls on gear, but with only 145% health on the tree it is still something that worries me.

Yeah, I don't feel like I need to address my damage currently. I just feel like sometime soon I'll hit a point where my leech won't sustain me even while doing mechanics properly. So I didn't know if there was something new I needed to do/change my tree around.
Can someone explain me something? if i delete a curse from the helmet can i put inside CWTD?
"
Scottcombs wrote:

Yeah, I don't feel like I need to address my damage currently. I just feel like sometime soon I'll hit a point where my leech won't sustain me even while doing mechanics properly. So I didn't know if there was something new I needed to do/change my tree around.

Without truly GG gear I don’t think there’s a way to ever make Slayer close to Jugg or Guardian on the tank scale. It just ain’t there. They don’t dodge, don’t have ES, and are thus supposed to take hits but can’t actually take hits.
Last edited by PeopleReady on Mar 22, 2018, 6:45:30 PM
"
Scottcombs wrote:

I misunderstood or missed the part where you felt squishy, this has not been my experience with this build at all since getting Kaom's Heart and running grace/enfeeble.

Honestly there is not much more you can do gear wise. At least not something that will magically make you considerably tankier. You can spend a fuckton more money just getting better life rolls all around but that's about it, the uniques are fairly set (you could potentially drop the retch for a more tanky belt but I would not recommend).

What you can do is rearrange the tree a slight bit and drop some damage in favour of life nodes. The tree I am running right now is https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAAHcBLMFLQd1CZYLYQxwDc0TTBQgFHEX4RzOIVUhYCb4JyAnnymlK1As-y5TMHc1kjkOOuE7tjwFPC09_ECgRZpHfk3jTjJQR1dUWGNZ_l4TXzlfP2FSZFJlTWebaGVo8m8nbztybHKpdO108Xasd-N4DXrvfNmCB4Nfg8yE2YTvhaeGtIdqiiKKs4rwjM-PYJBsk6iXeZpqmy2iAKU1plepJ6luqZStja4-r2yvp7CrsoC18rc-vTa-p8AawGbApsGjxILE9sauz37Tb9i92Xzawdw94mHkUeoY7w7vTu988B_yQfJF8931YfZI9zL46_4K_lT-jw==?accountName=Drezz&characterName=SpinOneLastTime . Basically the only(?) difference to OP is that I dropped some of the axe/bleed dmg nodes near duelist and picked life near marauder. Currently have 7.3k at lvl93 and I can very comfortably do the majority of mods t15. -60% life recovery is the only one where I feel a bit squishy (and I reroll no leech, not sure if there is even a point attempting that one on slayer).

As a final word do not underestimate the power of dps when there is no life tradeoff, 30% quality on disfavour is +8% dps that comes at virtually no drawback.
One of my most successful heroes yet, thanks! Wondering what merits the use of Vaal pact or not?

And do you keep Blood Rage under level 19 for dex purpose? I have a 65 dex devoto but Im 1 dex away to support certain high level green gems like blood rage and haste/grace..luckily I have a rare jewel with dex and axe dmg(not much else though).
Last edited by FrooostyTheBlowman on Mar 22, 2018, 9:18:44 PM
"
Drezz wrote:
I misunderstood or missed the part where you felt squishy, this has not been my experience with this build at all since getting Kaom's Heart and running grace/enfeeble.

any reason you choose to drop so much damage for tankiness? Just preference? trying to farm uber lab/uber ataziri/uber elder etc?
Last edited by RyanTheNinja on Mar 22, 2018, 9:46:43 PM
For uber elder would a stygian belt with armor+life be better than the retch?

Also, what item should I be replacing? I've bought about 60 essence of insanity trying to craft a good one but not going well, is it better to just use a spiked glove with attack speed?

And could someone take a look at my passive skill tree? Feels like I should do some changes in there. Sitting at about 6,5k hp, forced to use a jewel with all res that has no life so that's one thing I have to replace if I don't get a better insanity gloves soon. At this point it feels like I should just get a regular ones with attack speed+high life, sitting at 6,5k hp atm. Feels low and my goal is uber elder.
Last edited by honerpro on Mar 23, 2018, 7:46:15 AM
"
RyanTheNinja wrote:
"
Drezz wrote:

any reason you choose to drop so much damage for tankiness? Just preference? trying to farm uber lab/uber ataziri/uber elder etc?

I feel a lot more comfortable mapping t13-16 with the extra life. The tradeoff turns out to be about 10% cyclone dps and 20% bleed for 10% life. That 10% life allows me to be out of one shot range of pretty much most abilities in the game and feels a lot safer doing the harder map mods. The damage of the build is fairly decent either way, especially with the 30% disfavour (which means that cyclone dps stays more or less the same compared to previous seasons while we gain ~700life).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info