[3.5] Ghostly Quad Totem HOWA. 10k ES, 77% Evade, 1.9 Mill Shaper DPS

Can you explain how you are hitting 220k per totem? My damage is severely lacking and I have no remedy at the moment.

Nvm - found your pastebin nested in something else.

Jewel selection is GG btw
Last edited by TekSama on Nov 20, 2017, 3:19:40 PM
Right, instead of shavs how about esh's visage instead of atziri's mirror? I looked through items and it seems like an appropriate replacement.

And you're right about the 10 day league, I did some research and it's going to cost too much. I'm going to try to make a shockwave totem scion or a whispering ice totem hero.
What about Minion & Totem Elemental resistance? 19% more dmg vs lightning pen- when is it better? When is it worse?
Cool build!!!

Have you toyed with having pass run? It has a buff that boosts your melee dmg till you use a skill.. but if your totems are busy and you are just moving and flashing... it can be nice. Was a nice boost on my last totem char. Had enough fun back then that your build is tempting for 3.1!
"
ImAncient wrote:
Cool build!!!

Have you toyed with having pass run? It has a buff that boosts your melee dmg till you use a skill.. but if your totems are busy and you are just moving and flashing... it can be nice. Was a nice boost on my last totem char. Had enough fun back then that your build is tempting for 3.1!

Phase Run gives more melee physical damage, while this build does 99% melee lightning damage, so it won't work :(

Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Dec 4, 2017, 9:58:45 AM
Am definitely going to try this one out in Abyss. Will be starting later due to business trip. Probably a good thing because I don't think this build will work right out of the starting block: there will be not many (cheap) Hands of Thought and Motion available in the first few hours of the league.

Questions:

1) Why does the build say about the Shaper Gloves "These gloves alone provide the biggest DPS boost out of any of our gear". They provide an immense bonus to accuracy and evasion but hardly any dps as they scale of melee physical damage.

2) Why no Static Blows? Wouldn't this melt bosses even faster?

3) Would Bated Breath be a good belt? Intelligence, lots of ES and some damage....

4) Any plans to update this build for 3.1 (obviously after the patch notes are out)?
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Dec 4, 2017, 1:50:06 PM
hello, what has already been invented for an explosion in 3.1?
"
Flapdrol wrote:

1) Why does the build say about the Shaper Gloves "These gloves alone provide the biggest DPS boost out of any of our gear". They provide an immense bonus to accuracy and evasion but hardly any dps as they scale of melee physical damage.

2) Why no Static Blows? Wouldn't this melt bosses even faster?

3) Would Bated Breath be a good belt? Intelligence, lots of ES and some damage....

4) Any plans to update this build for 3.1 (obviously after the patch notes are out)?

Hands of thought and motion tend to drop in price pretty quickly but yes it takes a bit of time so if you are pushing early in any league then this build might be better to wait a few days

1) Accuracy is important. Just the accuracy gives you about 15-25% of your damage. This is more then any other gear slot against bosses. On map mobs with lower evasion then each ring probably does give more damage

2) Static blows has very low damage per point. This build doesn't apply shock and uses elemental focus so that it cannot shock with its main skill. With how shock works I don't think its feasible or worthwhile to try and shock high tier bosses through damage and if you already have them shocked through another method then those nodes are still not worth it in value.

3) Bated Breath is a good belt and one of the items I tried out. It was not as good in the end since there was more advantages in Doryani's. I pretty exhaustively tried out most unique items including some pricey ones like atziri's acuity but this setup was the one I concluded was the best.

I'm happy for people to try their own experiments and if you have really good resistance jewels then its possible there is a better end result but I couldn't squeeze out more value from them when I tried

4) So far for 3.1 there is very few buffed skills or items and this build has avoided all the nerfs so it doesn't seem like much would change. We shall have to see when we get the full patch notes.

There was a new unique jewel that the build could take advantage of since it paths near the scion area but its probably worse then a 3 stat jewel so nothing yet to really take note of
Any idea on how the new Stygian Vise belt would fit in? And whether Abyss jewels with int, flat Es, flat lightning dmg with claws + something nice are better than regular jewels? Given our huge ES% the flat ES looks very attractive.
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
"
Flapdrol wrote:
Any idea on how the new Stygian Vise belt would fit in? And whether Abyss jewels with int, flat Es, flat lightning dmg with claws + something nice are better than regular jewels? Given our huge ES% the flat ES looks very attractive.

The flat ES on the jewels as well as the fact that a whole lot of jewels are dropping all the time do make this build more attractive since it uses so many jewel sockets

As neat as the Stygian Vise belts are its quite unlikely that you'll find a jewel that beats 80 flat ES implicit that the crystal belt has and even a crystal belt needs to be really well rolled before it can beat one of the unique options (doryani's, perseverance or bated breath)

The belt that caught my attention was the Cyclopean Coil and was the reason why I chose to roll the scion version of this build the other day with a pretty modified skill tree since it naturally gains alot of base stats in dex and str as well. Its looking like my lowest base stat in endgame will be Str at about 250 which means that Cyclopean Coil will be giving 15% increased attributes (biggest Int boost), 50% increased damage and immune to freeze + shock which is pretty good for the belt slot

I'm currently lvl 72 as a molten strike ancestral call and its been going very smoothly. Still hovering at low tier maps while I gain currency/waiting for the upgrade from hand of thought and motion into hand of wisdom and action to be affordable which should nearly double my DPS. Its a shame to lose 2 jewel sockets to make Molten strike worth using but I think it beats blade flurry in damage? With ancestral call it feels really smooth to use anyway

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info