[3.5] Ghostly Quad Totem HOWA. 10k ES, 77% Evade, 1.9 Mill Shaper DPS

"
Flapdrol wrote:
Thanks for the excellent gem analysis!

Two small unrelated suggestions:
- the CWDT/Immortal Call combo has been removed from the gems section. Intentional?
- I've included Lightning Warp in the gems to be able to move over obstacles. Not absolutely necessary, but good for QoL. Adding Faster casting or Reduced Duration is not necessary since it is used only sparingly.

Oops I only intended to remove the blade vortex since I concluded it was thoroughly useless. To be honest that setup was essentially just there to lower the impact of lab traps but I should add it back in as it can save your hide when careless

I never really find myself in a situation where I want to jump a gap that badly and I'd rather have that slot to level another Wrath or something to hopefully vaal into a level 21 gem. Its a reasonable choice though

"
garantivil wrote:
I have started to lvl this build!

What about Elder and guardians? I imagine it should be easy since the high defences we have, but anyone has managed to kill them?

I'm progressing through mapping casually and have deliberately not looked up the new bosses so I don't spoil myself on their attacks, spell heavy bosses require more mechanical skill since they cannot be evaded. I have videos of the 3.0 version of the build taking down Chimera and Hydra and I don't imagine the new bosses will be that much more difficult.
Hi. I liked your scion HOWA build, but didn't try it in 2.6. Looks like Vaal Pact works with energy shield again and it is possible to get enough (more than 12000)energy shield. Are you going to create scion build again?
"
AntonSr wrote:
Hi. I liked your scion HOWA build, but didn't try it in 2.6. Looks like Vaal Pact works with energy shield again and it is possible to get enough (more than 12000)energy shield. Are you going to create scion build again?

Vaal pact Scion bladeflurry with my current damage focused jewels
- 9781 ES
- 1 million dps

Vaal pact Scion bladeflurry with ES jewels instead of damage ones
- 11052 ES
- 768,559 dps

https://pastebin.com/qsHMywCC

Since the CI nerf its really hard to get up into the 1200 ES range without seriously nerfing your damage. You can make up some of that damage by adding vessel of vinktar into the flasks but it only has 1 use and lasts 4.8 seconds so I haven't included it

Vaal pact Scion molten strike with ES jewels instead of damage ones
- 10347 ES
- Melee hit 202,625
- Balls 87,529
its 14 balls per strike due to ancestral call on single target and I'm gonna guess and say that 10 hit per strike so
- 1,077,915 DPS

https://pastebin.com/eFwi5wxw

If I played the build there is a good chance I would find a way to squeak out some extra value somewhere as I usually do when I actually play the build not just craft it, I really didn't like having the drop Catalyse for ES nodes.

In any case with below average jewels the vaal pact molten strike version does appear to have good potential as I'm sure some better ES jewels could increase that total into the 11k+ area and a Dying Sun flask would improve the DPS, scion gets onslaught for free anyway and doesn't need the silver flask. I really wish I had a better idea of how many of those balls hit on average I just know that people consider molten strike really strong
Last edited by WaffleT on Dec 18, 2017, 11:46:37 PM
Thanks for fast reply,I'm going to play scion HOWA and use some ideas of your builds, mb will share my build when it is finished.
I'm currently saving up currency for a Watcher's Eye with the beautiful "Gain 18% of maximum mana as maximum Energy Shield while effected by Clarity". Lvl1 Clarity should reserve about 28 mana, so there is room aplenty.

That should allow me to replace all my +ES Abyss jewels with nice non-Abyss +INT and 3 AS/%dmgmod jewels. Both my ES and my dps should rise substantially as a result.

In the mean time, this build *really* shines. 4 * 100K dps tooltip on a 5L is impressive.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
"
Flapdrol wrote:
I'm currently saving up currency for a Watcher's Eye with the beautiful "Gain 18% of maximum mana as maximum Energy Shield while effected by Clarity". Lvl1 Clarity should reserve about 28 mana, so there is room aplenty.

That should allow me to replace all my +ES Abyss jewels with nice non-Abyss +INT and 3 AS/%dmgmod jewels. Both my ES and my dps should rise substantially as a result.

In the mean time, this build *really* shines. 4 * 100K dps tooltip on a 5L is impressive.

Nice catch! I started skimming over the watchers eye possibilities after a while since there was so many but the clarity option is pretty damn awesome. I was watching the market closely for a while and ended up picking up this one for a steal

Wrath jewels seem to go for significantly cheaper then clarity ones

Now I have the sad choice of if I would swap it for a clarity one. An 18% clarity jewel should give about 15% more ES which is more value then the damage from wrath penetration but I think the recharge start on mine makes it so I won't be willing to change. Its been super hard to die since I started using it

I'm glad the build is working for you, I kinda wish you had your profile was set to public so I could check what jewels you are running.

I feel you on the 5-link, I'm still on that too. I think I've thrown about 1k fuses into my spare Splendor so its bound to link eventually, still I'm doing red maps pretty comfortably

I've taken down Elder a few times now but have only managed to spawn him in yellow maps. First time annoyed me soo much though as I breezed through his guardians and got him down to no health pretty easily and was sitting next to him wondering what the next phase would be and then Zana appears at the bottom of the screen and BAM 10k oneshot death. I guess thats my fault for wanting to go in blind
Running your build in AHC. Leveld until 75 with life flameblast totem. After going CI level 75 i have almost 9k ES. Build is looking amazing, loving it so far. Also it my first CI build ever, kinda scary sometimes haha. Can you give me advice what flask shoud I run on bosses and mapping?
"
wean_ill wrote:
Running your build in AHC. Leveld until 75 with life flameblast totem. After going CI level 75 i have almost 9k ES. Build is looking amazing, loving it so far. Also it my first CI build ever, kinda scary sometimes haha. Can you give me advice what flask shoud I run on bosses and mapping?

Glad its working for you. I'm too scared of computer error to play hardcore but I hate dying so I do try and put plenty in defense so I don't die getting stuck on a rock or something

I have a flask tab on the main page of the guide that shows my flasks. I use the same ones for mapping and bossing and they are the ones I think are generally best
What is the ascendancy order?thx:)
Thanks for the great guide! It's been working great so far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info