3.11 -- Righteous Fire Juggernaut / Chieftain (Outdated and Abandoned)

RFs damage wasn't truly lowered. The health scaling was lowered, which affects those 15k+ Energy Shield builds. But RFs damage actually increased up to around 8-8.5k health (due to the added base damage). Add in the new Fire damage over time multiplier... And yea it's damage has gone up a fair amount.
Last edited by Rothulean on Dec 17, 2019, 7:06:07 PM
I wasn't around for blight league, but here is a short progress report, they gutted the rf hp dmg scaling but added a base dmg, did you guys know a lv 25 base rf gem is almost 2x stronger than a lv20 rf gem in base fire dmg???

still playing path of welfare, got some basic stuff already, no gg helm. they buffed hp on all the monsters. also in the case of prefix hp crafting or aoe radius + 1 aoe level on helmet, you always go for the aoe craft now.

it is possible to boost the rf gem by +1 lv from scepter, +1 level a 2nd scepter/rare shield. +1 from helmet aoe craft and +3 from a empowered gem.

you wouldn't be able to do any of the above until much much later in the game when you have better gear. it is also possible to to boost the rf gem if you run it inside a 6l chestplate by another level from +1 to support gems craft.

some really really advanced ideas, body armor can fossil "supported by lv1 arcane surge" this enables awakened swift affliction gem inside the 6l.

I just finished my 16th orb on the atlas.

some basic stuff everyone should have
also soulripper flask isn't locked from ghost of the vial sac lv 3, the flask can drop from somewhere now I think, much cheaper prices when I get one

I tried awakener Sirius for the first time, boss failed, I went in blind and died the first time then I got locked out of the fight there was this ring of death around the areana that drains kills me in about 3 seconds when I step on it. I finally charged through and then for the next 2minutes the boss was completely invisible??? I could damage him and my storm brand would tag him but he is invisble, the fk???

edit mb, you can't get +1 to gems on body, its only on 1h or 2h gear
Last edited by zheng738 on Dec 19, 2019, 1:25:56 AM
nice update!

i also didn't play blight, so i'd remind people who also didn't:

it's cheap (as low as 3c) to use oils on your neck for things like 30 Dex Nodes or not-amazing-but-takes-a-passive. it's inexpensive to annoint midrange nodes that are almost as good as a jewel. i annointed divine judgment (far south node) for under 50c

i'd be interested in crafting advice for 1h sceptres. someone has a +10% dmg per endurance, +fire dmg multiplier on theirs and that looks like it's got a few of the ideal pre/suffixes. i haven't checked if +10% per end (up to 90%) is better than a +1 to all gems though
dmg per endur charge is capped at 4% per 1h. idk any advice on crafting scepter (a regular shield is also an option) I don't think you can fossil the scepter because if you get added fire dmg on attack/spell your screwed.

another cheap oil anointment is explosive impact which is only like 25c to take, its the one I am using. youd want steel soul eventually but it uses 3 golden oils... and I wouldn't use it until I get a god amulet. disciple of unyielding is also a option. and this is one ive noticed If you have str gear, utmost might.

atm I have 18 watchtower orbs, getting screwed on the 19th from bad rng, I tried fighting Sirius blind the first time got him down to 50% then the fight glitched with the instantly death tornados walling me off. I still charged through and the boss became invisible.

my verdict for rf this league, its difficult, but doable, youd have to be very good at playing it also and gearing yourself. I was on auto pilot mode until t15s then it became a littlebit harder. the morphs can 1shot you depending on how you stack the morphs, also if the morph has elemental resistance and too many regen mods it takes ages to kill.

rf is can still ignore boss mechanics, including all 4 of the exiles (at least mine can) ignored boss mechanic for mastermind and shaper, the bosses take longer to kill now because their hp got buffed.

pros for this league: easy breeze through till t15 then welfare gear isn't gonna cut it anymore. ignores most boss mechanics you can survive through anything. gear is very cheap for rf this league compared to other leagues for reasons.

cons: bosses take longer to kill, if your stretched in too many different directions in blight encounters you can fail. have to micro manage the morph machine in t15+. terrible league starter, only switch over once you have the gear and at least lv 80

side note I have a lv24 rf gem now without empower and it does 2500 dmg. at lv 25+ rf gem radius also increases
Last edited by zheng738 on Dec 19, 2019, 6:24:29 PM
Another solid damage boost is fire damage over time multiplier on weapon.

Also highly recommend Growth and Decay for anointing. I think it's 1 clear, 1 teal and 1 golden oil. Not terribly expensive. And a really solid damage/survivability boost.
Last edited by Rothulean on Dec 19, 2019, 7:27:56 PM
"
zheng738 wrote:
dmg per endur charge is capped at 4% per 1h.

for crafting on to a 1h afterwards yes, but check out the new prefixes/suffixes. i'm disappointed that poeaffix.net is outdated. however, this site looks up to date: https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Warlord#Sceptres

lvl 73+ warlord suffix on a sceptre: (8–10)% increased Damage per Endurance Charge

warlord ilev 81+ (for fire dmg over time mult roll) with a 40% ele dmg implicit looks to be the new base for 1h sceptres

no idea how to help godroll it though. as you mentioned, scorched fossils could help, but one wrong +fire and it's nearly ruined
Last edited by jaeds on Dec 19, 2019, 7:34:23 PM
"
jaeds wrote:
"
zheng738 wrote:
dmg per endur charge is capped at 4% per 1h.

for crafting on to a 1h afterwards yes, but check out the new prefixes/suffixes. i'm disappointed that poeaffix.net is outdated. however, this site looks up to date: https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Warlord#Sceptres

lvl 73+ warlord suffix on a sceptre: (8–10)% increased Damage per Endurance Charge

warlord ilev 81+ (for fire dmg over time mult roll) with a 40% ele dmg implicit looks to be the new base for 1h sceptres

no idea how to help godroll it though. as you mentioned, scorched fossils could help, but one wrong +fire and it's nearly ruined

holy sht your right
I'm a bit late on the news for RF, didn't really play the last two seasons.

Would any one be willing to explain if the flat added fire damage affected EE in any way? Does it still work?

This has got to be my favorite build in PoE, would hate for it to be gutted.

Thanks for helping me out.
"
I'm a bit late on the news for RF, didn't really play the last two seasons.

Would any one be willing to explain if the flat added fire damage affected EE in any way? Does it still work?

This has got to be my favorite build in PoE, would hate for it to be gutted.

Thanks for helping me out.

Nothing changed for RF in that regard. It had base damage added but the added damage isn't truly "damage" as poe describes it. It's health degen damage just like RF is.

Overall the main change is you want to try to get as much fire damage over time multiplier as you can. Don't forgo all other stats just for fire dot multiplier. The other stats (fire/burning/Elemental) damage are all still very good. But fire dot multiplier definitely gives us a much needed boost.
Last edited by Rothulean on Dec 20, 2019, 11:14:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info