3.11 -- Righteous Fire Juggernaut / Chieftain (Outdated and Abandoned)

"
rhah wrote:
"
With that said, if you could give my profile a brief once over and let me know if you see any major lacking areas.

sceptre should have a crafted blood magic affix on it. shield charge should also be linked with blood magic. i'd also use quicksilver flask with MS mod on it, in-place of silver flask.

"
will animate guardian no longer be necessary/as useful? Even currently, I'm not the biggest fan of animate guardian especially when mapping with full parties. What would be best to use in it's place? And finally, what adjustments overall when playing in a party should I be doing to gear/skill gems/etc?

i don't know about group play, i only play solo. the rest been answered above this post

I see. So just to clarify couple questions:

- When you mean blood magic affix on sceptre, you're referring to the increased area damage correct?

- I see you suggest shield charge with blood magic and agree. Would be very helpful with mana management but how is the trade off with dropping fortify?

- Some of the rolls make the items jump significantly in price as I'm sure you're aware. I tried coming up with the best cost to performance ratio set I could. The lack of faster attacks on the gloves, righteous fire damage on helmet, aspect of spider on amulet, and watcher's eye with vitality roll.

- Until you can get faster attacks on gloves, keep gem there or drop for something else?

- No more Purity of Ice? Would getting to a certain amount of cold resistance be necessary before we can drop that or?

- Any chance of just a quick video running a map with new gear/skill changes?
U forgot to put pros and cons ((
Could we replace Scorching Ray with Discharge? Since we have many Endurance charges and the burn damage is better now a days, VRF + Impurity of Fire + Flammabilty + Discharge, maybe enough for Big HP bosses?
"Holy Fire (between the Witch and Templar) now grants 40% increased burning damage (down from 60%), 20% increased fire damage (previously none), and 15% chance to ignite (previously none). The passives leading to it which previously granted 20% increased burning damage now grant 12% increased burning damage and 8% increased fire damage. The passive next to Holy Fire which grants 5% chance to ignite now also grants 8% increased fire damage."
Nerf detected.
Abaxoth for map boss!!!
"
What do you think about using Incinerate to compensate for Dyadus?

It seems very good as an alternativa for Scorching Ray in terms of ST dmg...

I mean incinerate numbers alone are pretty impressive.

New Incinerate looks powerful. And if you link it with new Combustion support, it will ignite enemies and reduce their fire resistances by 19%. I don't know how to calculate the total damage though, so i'm gonna wait until PoB is updated, or maybe test it myself after the patch.
"
KevstarKevlar wrote:
What do you think about using the new Combustion Support (previously Chance to Ignite Support) instead of the Elemental Focus Support?
We get increased fire damage and less fire resistance for the monsters. Does it make sense to use this new support?

It only works with skills that hit. RF and Scorching Ray don't hit.
"

I see. So just to clarify couple questions:

- When you mean blood magic affix on sceptre, you're referring to the increased area damage correct?

- I see you suggest shield charge with blood magic and agree. Would be very helpful with mana management but how is the trade off with dropping fortify?

- Some of the rolls make the items jump significantly in price as I'm sure you're aware. I tried coming up with the best cost to performance ratio set I could. The lack of faster attacks on the gloves, righteous fire damage on helmet, aspect of spider on amulet, and watcher's eye with vitality roll.

- Until you can get faster attacks on gloves, keep gem there or drop for something else?

- No more Purity of Ice? Would getting to a certain amount of cold resistance be necessary before we can drop that or?

- Any chance of just a quick video running a map with new gear/skill changes?

I mean you can master craft Blood Magic onto shaped sceptres.

Well, you lose toughness and gain better mana management. Might be worth it, or not. You gonna have to test it yourself. I didn't feel like i needed Fortify in SC.

I wouldn't recommend running Shield Charge without Faster Attacks. You either have it as a gem or as an affix.

You can still run an extra Purity. With Aspect of the Spider gone, everyone will probably be running with a second Purity aura in challenge leagues. Or maybe a second curse, linked with Blasphemy.

I might make something after the patch, with the new Vaal RF. And maybe Incinerate, if ends up being better than Scorching Ray.
Last edited by rhah on May 31, 2018, 9:11:37 PM
"
Slava_N wrote:
"Holy Fire (between the Witch and Templar) now grants 40% increased burning damage (down from 60%), 20% increased fire damage (previously none), and 15% chance to ignite (previously none). The passives leading to it which previously granted 20% increased burning damage now grant 12% increased burning damage and 8% increased fire damage. The passive next to Holy Fire which grants 5% chance to ignite now also grants 8% increased fire damage."
Nerf detected.

It adds up to the same amount of increased damage. They just spread it around between burning and fire.
"
dustyxx wrote:
Could we replace Scorching Ray with Discharge? Since we have many Endurance charges and the burn damage is better now a days, VRF + Impurity of Fire + Flammabilty + Discharge, maybe enough for Big HP bosses?

no
"
U forgot to put pros and cons ((

here you go

This build is cheap to start, but does require some very specific uniques. And it's not going to be exceptional in any way with cheap gear. It's actually kinda mediocre, until you start throwing currency at it. Gear that makes this build powerful is expensives. To beat everything the game has to offer, you need to invest around 10ex. A high end gear set will cost you around 60ex.

With the right gear you can clear all content. Aside from a couple of map mods. You can't run "no regeneration" mod; "reduced maximum resistances" and "reduced regeneration" can't be run on cheap gear, and are kinda dangerous with endgame gear; "elemental weakness" is deadly if your resists aren't overcapped.

Performance with decent gear:

Survivability 9/10

Clearspeed 8/10

Single-target damage 6/10

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info