[3.7] IcyTank - Ice Crash Facebreaker Tank (400k+ DPS) - EndGame viable

You have blood rage to CWDT on your set up. Should I remove that? I have increased duration linked to it now so it's about 15 seconds long, wouldn't that be long enough to proc it again through CWDT?
"
What should I do if I only have a 5L for ice crash? Which shall I get rid of?

2 best gems to remove imo : Elemental damage with attacks or Added Fire damage

I would remove the Elemental damage with attacks and keep the Added Fire damage because you'll do less Cold damage but more Fire damage, and the fire damage will hurt you less than the cold damage on reflects mobs thanks to Artic armor and your +1% max fire resist.

But if you want more DPS, you can try yourself which one gives you more DPS, Elemental damage with attacks might be a better choice than Added fire damage for more DPS.
Sorry for all the questions.

How needed is the belt? I'm tight on budget now after some gear upgrades so I lack the endurance chare +1 belt.

I still don't understand the reckoning combo. Does reckoning stun allowing the support gem to give me an endurance charge? Not sure if reckoning is the thing that stuns or not. I just want to figure out my stun chances.
"
You have blood rage to CWDT on your set up. Should I remove that? I have increased duration linked to it now so it's about 15 seconds long, wouldn't that be long enough to proc it again through CWDT?

My Blood rage is lvl 20 but my CWDT is lvl 11, so the CWDT setup doesn't include my Blood rage.

The problem with a Blood rage CWDT setup is that you'll have to get hit to proc it and get it to lvl 20 to get a high level blood rage. With this much block and damage reduction, I'm pretty sure you won't have it 100% of the time on bosses.

Also, imagine a No regen + vulnerability + desecrated ground/fire ground map. Maybe you'll have to remove your setup, or you could get in a situation where your Blood rage procs and rips your life until you reach the next pack of mobs. On those maps, I just dont cast my Blood rage and I'm ok since I cast it manually.
"
Sorry for all the questions.

How needed is the belt? I'm tight on budget now after some gear upgrades so I lack the endurance chare +1 belt.

I still don't understand the reckoning combo. Does reckoning stun allowing the support gem to give me an endurance charge? Not sure if reckoning is the thing that stuns or not. I just want to figure out my stun chances.

A stun occurs on every hit with a big amount of damage compared to the monster's max life, and the stun threshold statistic reduce the amount of damage needed to stun : you got 10% reduced stun threshold on the belt + 19% on the endurance charge on melee stun support gem. On the wiki they say : you need to deal more than 10% of effective maximum life to have a chance to stun. Dealing at least 50% of maximum life will always stun..

So yeah, the Reckoning stuns mobs if you got enough DPS, and your Ice crash setup stuns even more than the Reckoning. For example, I'm actually stunning normal Atziri with my ice crash when she splits into 4 parts, and I don't have any stun support gems on the setup as you can see.
The endurance charge on melee stun support will give you an endurance charge every time the reckoning stuns, so basically everytime it hits a weak monster (a white mob in T16 maps will get stunned)

The belt is really needed, it's a good DPS + Survavibilty source, but you can get a normal one, the +1 maximum endurance charge corruption is a good bonus but not really mandatory, I actually got it after getting my 6 link when I had nothing else to buy.
I'm having slight trouble with staying alive. How do I make this build more tanky?
Last edited by FurizingDaTank on Sep 15, 2017, 1:49:06 AM
"
I'm having slight trouble with staying alive. How do I make this build more tanky?

- Be sure to always have fortify + full endurance charges, at any time.
- Get every block node, that's the most important thing to survive with this build, I can see you still miss 8% block.
- Get a 40% increased physical damage taken abyssus, you got a 48% one and it's making you more vulnerable to physical damage. Or use a Deibellow until you feel tanky enough to put on the abyssus.
- You can switch Hatred with Grace to get a great armor boost until you feel tanky enough.
Last edited by mayo on Sep 15, 2017, 12:18:41 PM
What are your thoughts on The Surrender Ezomyte Tower Shield? As subsitute for more defences?
Hi. I'm wondering what I've been doing wrong with my build. From my point of view I've been following this guide but apparently I've done something wrong since I die Instant in many maps/Bosses. Can you have a look at It please? :)
"
What are your thoughts on The Surrender Ezomyte Tower Shield? As subsitute for more defences?

Yep it's a nice defence shield, but it is pretty expensive, and you will lose a lot DPS by switching shield. If you think you don't need so many DPS, you can play with it, you will even gain a gem slot since you got a lvl 30 Reckoning inside it.

"
robbanajk wrote:
Hi. I'm wondering what I've been doing wrong with my build. From my point of view I've been following this guide but apparently I've done something wrong since I die Instant in many maps/Bosses. Can you have a look at It please? :)

Well I can see you have a 48% increased physical damage taken on your abyssus, and some pieces without life or with a ridiculous amount. People tend to think it's not a big deal not to get a 40% abyssus, but it really makes the difference sometimes on some hard hitting bosses.
And I wouldn't recommend wearing abyssus before reaching something like 5k Life. I felt "invincible" when I got a 40% Abyssus + 5k life + 5 endurance charges.
Also be sure to always be full endurance charges + fortify, those buffs are mandatory to survive.
Last edited by mayo on Sep 16, 2017, 7:18:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info