[3.7] IcyTank - Ice Crash Facebreaker Tank (400k+ DPS) - EndGame viable

I did not realize how important the 10% mana reservation was on the shield. Any way around it? I cant't get the proper shield for the life of me.

Thanks!!
"
zophlin wrote:
I did not realize how important the 10% mana reservation was on the shield. Any way around it? I cant't get the proper shield for the life of me.

Sacrifice a socket and use a Blood Magic gem, take reservation cost reduction from the tree, or use jewels with reduced reservation cost.

There's also the outside option of using The Covenant, but that doesn't seem optimal for this build ;)
A Belligerent Expert System
"
zophlin wrote:

Thanks!!

The best option in my opinion is to get some reduced mana reserved none in the tree, like this : https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.4.3/AAAABAQCAQHcAecEhwSzBS0GiwomDPcOQxLhFCAUTRRxFewWbxcvGJEaOBo-IOMhYCcvKaUshS_MMPgyCTJONZI62DrhPAVAoEd-TeNQR1XWWfNaGl8_X9pi7GTnZU1mnmhlaPJsRm87cg9ybHKpdO108Xasd-N35XgNeTl5aHrvfNl-4oCkggeCm4TZhO-PYI-ZkFWRzpL3mSubLZ7Nn8uiAKLqplenMKluqZWsqqyvtfK2irkdu-28n702vYG-p8AawGbAv8EEwYLKkM1fz37SIdi92XzaweNq5FHkVenV6hjvDu988B_yQfJF8933MvgC-Ov60vxL_o8=?accountName=mayo&characterName=MayoRondDeGlaceFroide

You will lose some stats, but you can get them back later when you will find the right shield :)
Last edited by mayo on Oct 3, 2018, 2:36:43 PM
Hello i have i few questions about facebreaker use.
1) MORE damage modificators stack with each other? If so then why add another more modificators in your main gemlink when you have facebreaker with its over 800% MORE unarmed damage ? Why not go for fortify suport thats have Increased modificator instead and maybe innervate suport for shock debuff and flat added lightning damage ?
2) What about bleeding, poison statuses with facebreaker ? Can you get good damage on boses with crimson dance and 100% bleed chance ?

How are you applying enfeeble/ block reduction?
"
tyutyuriu2 wrote:
Hello i have i few questions about facebreaker use.
1) MORE damage modificators stack with each other? If so then why add another more modificators in your main gemlink when you have facebreaker with its over 800% MORE unarmed damage ? Why not go for fortify suport thats have Increased modificator instead and maybe innervate suport for shock debuff and flat added lightning damage ?
2) What about bleeding, poison statuses with facebreaker ? Can you get good damage on boses with crimson dance and 100% bleed chance ?

1) Increased Dmg you add every single "increased dmg" on gear/passives/gems up and have them altogether as one multiplier.
More Damage is a multiplier for itselfs and affects your base damage as well as your "increased dmg" from gear/passives.

so lets say 1000 base dmg and 100% increased dmg from gear and 100% from passives.
Gem A gives increased dmg by 100%
Gem B gives more dmg by 100%

A: gear+passive+gem = 300% increased, so 1000*(1+3.0) = 4000 dmg
B: (gear+passive)*gem = 200% increased and 100% more, so 1000*(1+2.0)*(1+1.0) = 6000 dmg

About innervate, the flat elemental damage doesn't benefit from all the %more physical you have, so it's the last thing you want to get to upgrade your DPS. And since we play with elemental focus, we can't shock with attacks, so forget about it. Anyway we can shock on block already with the shaper shield affix (or elder, don't remmeber).

2) Bleed only works with physical damage, and Ice crash is 50% elemental. Plus with convert up to 40% of the physical damage left into cold as well, so you have only 10% of physical damage vs 90% cold. So bleeding is useless here, and by the way, you need to invest a lot of points into bleeding to make it worth it. Same goes for poison.

If you use another build with facebreaker + poison/bleed, you can probably get it to work (with cyclone maybe ?)
Re: the gems section in the first post:

Enduring Cry and Enfeeble are not green.
Consecrated Path is not blue.
A Belligerent Expert System
"
Rogomatic wrote:
Re: the gems section in the first post:

Enduring Cry and Enfeeble are not green.
Consecrated Path is not blue.

Woops, I didn't change the color when I edited the gems, it's fixed.

I don't understand how this build generate it's endurance charges...
Is Outmatch and outlast works in any way to generate it using reckoning or shield charge ??
You are supposed to use Enduring cry manually :)

The elder shield suffix which generates a random charge on block will help you maintain your charges as well
Last edited by mayo on Mar 16, 2019, 12:00:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info