[3.7] IcyTank - Ice Crash Facebreaker Tank (400k+ DPS) - EndGame viable

"
frenzara wrote:
Hi,

I find this build really fun, thanks for sharing!

I have some questions, and would appreciate the comments.

The idea is to attach new skills to cwdt. I would switch shield gems with gloves gems given the fact that the flame dash on the gloves is not really used.

So basically on the shild you would then have: hatred, arctic armour, enduring cry.

On the gloves: cwdt, elemental weakness, blood rage. I was thinking to put to gloves also warlord's mark or frostbite, or something similar.

What do you think?

Thanks

I never play a build without any "jump", I'm using flame dash a lot, mostly for clear speed. In a map like Vaal pyramid, or any other maps with little stairs in it, I'm not forced to actually move to find and take the stair, I just flame dash up the wall. Also I'm playing a lot with friends, and when they jump, I have to be able to jump too to not fall behind.

And to be honest, a second curse is not really useful in my opinion. You should use a vaal skill instead, like Vaal lightning trap to shock the boss for a moment when you engage it, or Vall Grace to get some good Dodge in addition to your block. You could also take a Ancestral Protector totem, which will give you extra DPS.
Last edited by mayo on Sep 23, 2017, 8:58:00 AM
Ah I see. Agreed, second curse is a waste, unless the number of active curses is increased. And what about flame golem?
"
frenzara wrote:
Ah I see. Agreed, second curse is a waste, unless the number of active curses is increased. And what about flame golem?

Golems are OK, you can use the Earth/Chaos for some additional tanking, or the Flame one for some DPS. I had a Chaos golem before replacing it with Flame dash.
Hi! I am really enjoying your build and right now here is what i have right now! What should be the next item/equip i should focus on getting and also for the passives?
"
senjiroth wrote:
Hi! I am really enjoying your build and right now here is what i have right now! What should be the next item/equip i should focus on getting and also for the passives?

You got a pretty good DPS right now considering your stuff, so you should go for more tankyness :
- Get some resists rings & amulet (with flat physical damage and/or life), and get some better boots too, with resists life & movement speed.
- Get the 8% block on the tree you didn't take (Testudo node)
- Get your 4 ascendancy point and take the spell block node (Versatile Combatant node)

When you will get all of this, just keep improving your stuff and use the Great Old One's Ward shield as soon as you can to get more DPS.

Only switch to abyssus (take a 40% increased physical damage taken one) when you will have like 5k life minimum, or you will probably get some rips :)
Last edited by mayo on Oct 3, 2017, 11:17:39 AM
Thank you! Yes I will be aiming for Tetsudo once I get that 3 points! Also it's my first char so I didn't know you can do Ascendancy already so I'll do that once I get to play! I was thinking of doing Cloth and Chain as well as Diamond Skin. Or go Tireless and Sanctuary for my passive skills for the elemental resist. Can gear cover the capping of elemental resistances?
"
senjiroth wrote:
Thank you! Yes I will be aiming for Tetsudo once I get that 3 points! Also it's my first char so I didn't know you can do Ascendancy already so I'll do that once I get to play! I was thinking of doing Cloth and Chain as well as Diamond Skin. Or go Tireless and Sanctuary for my passive skills for the elemental resist. Can gear cover the capping of elemental resistances?

Yep, as you can see on my char, I only got resists on rings,amulet,boot and chest. You could also take some elemental resist node, like Diamond Skin or Cloth and Chain (the other nodes you listed require too much skill points) or take some jewels with elemental resistances.
oops nvm you got it too lol
Last edited by senjiroth on Oct 7, 2017, 12:31:32 AM
Hi,

I started respecing my gladiator into your build and was wondering how important Oak is. Also, if you can check my gear and give me any tips for improvement if needed.

I'm still working on getting the recommended gem setup xD
Last edited by AntoNoobilo on Oct 7, 2017, 6:44:25 AM
"
AntoNoobilo wrote:
Hi,

I started respecing my gladiator into your build and was wondering how important Oak is. Also, if you can check my gear and give me any tips for improvement if needed.

I'm still working on getting the recommended gem setup xD

Well, the only thing you need now to upgrade your DPS are better rings/amulet and more levels to get the frenzy charge and some DPS nodes. I see you already have an Abyssus, I would have waited a bit to put it on, since you should have less than 5k HP with your stuff and level, you will probably die from big physical monsters' hits.

Oak is important because he gives good defensives stats (1% regen + 2% physical damage reduction) and also good DPS stat (20% physical damage). The % physical reduction is the best defensive stat you can get for this build to counter the abyssus debuff, and the % regen is also a god tier stat, so you HAVE to take it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info