[3.7] IcyTank - Ice Crash Facebreaker Tank (400k+ DPS) - EndGame viable

Mayo!! I think I'm almost at my final level! Thank you so much for the guidance! My first season has been fun because of this build! Anyway, how else can I make this build more effective??
"
senjiroth wrote:
Mayo!! I think I'm almost at my final level! Thank you so much for the guidance! My first season has been fun because of this build! Anyway, how else can I make this build more effective??

Happy to see it was usefull to some people :)

You should now try to get rings and amulet with elemental damage with attacks. If possible, get 2 Steel Rings, to add more flat physical damage. But we are talking about items worth several exalts, it might take a while to get them !
I have a similar build to yours, my main problem now is to maintain mana against Bosses.

While farming, i dont have mana problems, but against bosses I have to use Rallying Cry and even then, it's not enough.
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
Last edited by lourun_coria on Nov 3, 2017, 7:49:42 AM
"
lourun_coria wrote:
I have a similar build to yours, my main problem now is to maintain mana against Bosses.

While farming, i dont have mana problems, but against bosses I have to use Rallying Cry and even then, it's not enough.

I had some mana problems on bosses with my character, that's also why I'm using reckoning, it adds some leech every time you blocks, so it helps a lot. And your problems should disapear when you'll get more DPS.

Currently I can do 60% less regen maps without any mana problem
Will Vix Lunaris be a valid replacement for the shield in 3.1?
Since reflect is a pain in the ass, taking less cold damage surely would help a lot.
"
Pyotr wrote:
Will Vix Lunaris be a valid replacement for the shield in 3.1?
Since reflect is a pain in the ass, taking less cold damage surely would help a lot.

I don't know, it depends on the amount of absorbed damage and the cooldown on the Cold aegis thing. But you would loose some dps, and since you can already manage the reflect with the pantheon, I'm not really sure it's a good idea to switch with it.
Hi Mayo,

Thanks a lot for sharing this build. I like it and find it very tanky and powerful.
The big problem is to get the rings/amulet with maximum life like yours, they are so expensive...
I've been making some tests on Path of Building, and i'd like to have your opinion about the faster support gem. According to PoB, Elemental focus and Ruthless would bring around 10% more dps to my character. Obviously i'll be hitting less often, but the life leech is applied on such a long time that i don't think i'd see the difference.

This is actually another issue with this character, i find the life leech not fast enough. When a boss is hitting you quite fast, the leech doesn't happen quickly enough to recover in some tricky situations. I couldn't find easy ways to solve this via the skill tree. Perhaps i could use life leech support instead of another gem for bosses ?

Any idea ?
"
Geraldor wrote:
Hi Mayo,

Thanks a lot for sharing this build. I like it and find it very tanky and powerful.
The big problem is to get the rings/amulet with maximum life like yours, they are so expensive...
I've been making some tests on Path of Building, and i'd like to have your opinion about the faster support gem. According to PoB, Elemental focus and Ruthless would bring around 10% more dps to my character. Obviously i'll be hitting less often, but the life leech is applied on such a long time that i don't think i'd see the difference.

This is actually another issue with this character, i find the life leech not fast enough. When a boss is hitting you quite fast, the leech doesn't happen quickly enough to recover in some tricky situations. I couldn't find easy ways to solve this via the skill tree. Perhaps i could use life leech support instead of another gem for bosses ?

Any idea ?

Thanks for the feedback :)

Yes, I know my setup isn't the one with the most DPS, but I had to switch because of elemental reflect : I had to reduce the damage dealt with one hit because I was one-shoting myself on a single elemental reflect monster. Using faster attacks was the best way I found to reduce this amount without losing too many DPS, and having more attack speed makes the skill easier to use anyway. I started with the following setup : Ice crash + Melee physcial damage + Elemental damage with attacks + Concentrated effect + Elemental focus + Physical to lightning.

As you can see on my Uber lab video, HP leech is not really a problem for me. I drop very low at one point, but my HP get full again really fast, even though I'm not using any flask or leeching with ice crash. I never encountered a fight where I didn't had enough sustain, beause I have :
- high life regen (enough to make me tank Uber Izaro without potion or leech)
- leech with ice crash
- automatic leech when you block thanks to reckoning
- life regen boost with enduring cry
- life potions
- high block, which makes the regen more efficient, since you avoid damage

If you think you need more leech, maybe you can try changing your automatic leech setup like this : reckoning + riposte + melee physical damage + endurance charge on melee stun. You will get about three times the damage you actually get with your current setup, and since this damage is 100% phisical (+ hatred) it fully benefits from the 1.2% additional physical leech provided by blood rage.

Try it, it should improve your survivability, but you will lose culling strike + onslaught.
Last edited by mayo on Nov 14, 2017, 10:29:03 AM
Good guide.

But for God's sake man, post PoB as link!

I even got the code from the html of the page and it still doesn't work!
■► It's a business. You won't get the full experience.
■► Yes, this is an addiction. This is a Slot Machine. I am addicted.
■► You won't be rewarded. There is no reward.
"
Good guide.

But for God's sake man, post PoB as link!

I even got the code from the html of the page and it still doesn't work!

Here you go : https://pastebin.com/0m2dpTDe

Works fine for me, even without the link

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info