[3.7] IcyTank - Ice Crash Facebreaker Tank (400k+ DPS) - EndGame viable

Why not empower in your 6L?
"
Why not empower in your 6L?

Empower is generally not advised for melee skills, the gem level doesn't make a big difference for them compared to spells. A level 4 Empower here would give less DPS than 15 other support gems, like cold penetration, maim, fire penetration, ruthless ...

According to Path of building, the best setup would be : Ice crash + Melee Physical damage + Concentrated effect + Added fire damage + Elemetal damage with attacks + Physical to lightning.

It would be a 100% elemental skill this way, but when I tried it I was diying on every elemental reflect monster I could see, so i switched for a setup with the faster attack gem, to reduce the damage dealt with one hit without losing too many dps.
First of all I would like to thank you a lot for replying to all my questions and concerns. This build is spectacular for my play style. I have not been bored one bit during the end game right now.

If you have the time, could you go over my gear again? It's upgraded a ton since the last; I'm still level 80 so I have some points to still get for my tree. Any tips on increasing dps would be much appreciated; I feel well tanky now versus before.

Edit: Would you recommend carnage amulet?
Last edited by FurizingDaTank on Sep 17, 2017, 6:36:58 PM
"
First of all I would like to thank you a lot for replying to all my questions and concerns. This build is spectacular for my play style. I have not been bored one bit during the end game right now.

If you have the time, could you go over my gear again? It's upgraded a ton since the last; I'm still level 80 so I have some points to still get for my tree. Any tips on increasing dps would be much appreciated; I feel well tanky now versus before.

Edit: Would you recommend carnage amulet?

Carnage Heart would make you lose a big amount of DPS, and resists too, so I wouldn't recommend it.

The only real way to up your DPS is to get some flat damage on your stuff. So you'll need to get a Meginord's Girdle Belt & Great old one shield as advised in this build.
Considering you had some tanking problems, getting a Meginord's Girdle seems to be the best option, since removing the shield would make you less tanky.
Last edited by mayo on Sep 18, 2017, 5:06:25 AM
hello my master I use your invention :-). But I do not go like you do. You can look at my profile, KAISERPL. and for what you have other shields. I greet you are the master
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198020878493/
Do you have any recommendations of what to pick up first on the skill tree in the final tree? Everything looks really important to get. Should I prioritize getting endurance charges, then maybe hp and end on damage? One of my main concerns is when I can start uber lab and also how mapping is going to go. Picking up the increased aoe early seems nice for mapping but makes me feel like I'll be really far behind on the tree.
"
Syche22 wrote:
Do you have any recommendations of what to pick up first on the skill tree in the final tree? Everything looks really important to get. Should I prioritize getting endurance charges, then maybe hp and end on damage? One of my main concerns is when I can start uber lab and also how mapping is going to go. Picking up the increased aoe early seems nice for mapping but makes me feel like I'll be really far behind on the tree.

Yep, that's what I did. My leveling was (in this order) :
- big keystones (resolute technique, iron reflex, ...)
- shield nodes
- area nodes
- life (I stopped when I felt tanky enough)
- additional DPS (frenzy charge, marauder dps nodes, jewels)

I think you should focus on survavibility first, and when you feel tanky enough, take some DPS.
Thanks for the build.
I have a question: Is there any other skill gems that i can go instead of "Ice Crash"? I mean, have you tried any combinations?
Last edited by Perculex on Sep 22, 2017, 9:09:15 AM
"
Perculex wrote:
Thanks for the build.
I have a question: Is there any other skill gems that i can go instead of "Ice Crash"? I mean, have you tried any combinations?

The skills you can use without weapon are limited (Full list here : https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Unarmed).

I usually played it with Cyclone, but the effective DPS and clear speed are worse. You can adapt it a bit to play with Ancestral warchief totem, there's already some builds on it.

Ice crash is really the best one in my opinion for this build, since the "Weapon elemental damage" became "Elemental damage with attacks".
Hi,

I find this build really fun, thanks for sharing!

I have some questions, and would appreciate the comments.

The idea is to attach new skills to cwdt. I would switch shield gems with gloves gems given the fact that the flame dash on the gloves is not really used.

So basically on the shild you would then have: hatred, arctic armour, enduring cry.

On the gloves: cwdt, elemental weakness, blood rage. I was thinking to put to gloves also warlord's mark or frostbite, or something similar.

What do you think?

Thanks
Last edited by frenzara on Sep 23, 2017, 4:30:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info