[3.7] IcyTank - Ice Crash Facebreaker Tank (400k+ DPS) - EndGame viable

can u tank fully buffed izaro ?
even with essences ?
"
can u tank fully buffed izaro ?
even with essences ?

I think so, I never died from Izaro himself during my 100+ Uber labs. I went pretty low HP sometimes, when starting the fight without 6 endurances charges (you can start with 3 charges with enduring cry thanks to the traps totems on the last room), but otherwise I don't think he can OS me.

Not sure if I already killed him with double buff (like conduit + essences), but 100% sure about one.

I'll make a video on him tonight, since there's conduit on his first phase.
how do you get a max of 6 endurance charges? i can only seem to get 4
"
Nyancateater wrote:
how do you get a max of 6 endurance charges? i can only seem to get 4

3 has everyone + 1 from belt + 2 from tree = 6
Is the reckoning skill combo even worth it? Seems like a different combo of 4 would be much better.
"
Is the reckoning skill combo even worth it? Seems like a different combo of 4 would be much better.

Reckoning is really good while mapping, with this setup it gives you endurance charges + onslaught + culling strike, and helps you DPS the mobs quite good (15k+ average damage in fight) thus granting you some good life leech, and all of this while not doing anything. As you can see in my Shaper kill, I failed to avoid the last mechanic, but I blocked it and the reckoning culling strike killed him. It's also really good in PVP.

But I agree on the fact that it's more like a quality of life setup. I like to get things and kill things without doing anything.

On a boss fight, you have to keep an eye on your charges + fortify + blood rage, adding another active skill would be too much clicking for me because I'm a lazy guy, but if you are not afraid of it, you can replace reckoning by Ancestral Warchief/Protector + culling strike + melee damage + faster attacks (same setup RRGG), you will get some good DPS in addition to yours and still have the culling strike.

One thing I wanted to do was changing my CWDT setup like this : CWDT + Chaos golem + Curse on hit + Ele weakness, and so removing your previous setup and using the 2 slots to add a Reckoning + Culling strike. It would allow you to run a higher Ele weakness curse since you wouldn't be limited by the CWDT gem level, and you would get an additional 4% physical damage reduction (or get an Earth golem to add some life regen). But this way you would lose free Onslaught and Endurance charges.

One thing I tried was to use Kaom's roots boots, to get some more life, be immune to freeze/temporal chain, and get 1 passive tree point back since I could remove Unwavering stance from it. So I just removed this reckoning setup, and tried it like that, but the clear speed was really slower without movement speed since shield charge depends a lot on it, and I lost culling strike, which is really good on end game bosses (I later used a switch shield with a reckoning-culling setup on it, and switched weapon while bosses were at cull range, but it didnt feel good to play).

So yeah, the reckoning setup is a choice I made, but it's not mandatory, feel free to use your own setup :)
Last edited by mayo on Sep 13, 2017, 5:03:52 PM
"
mayo wrote:
"

Reckoning is really good while mapping, with this setup it gives you endurance charges + onslaught + culling strike, and helps you DPS the mobs quite good (15k+ average damage in fight) thus granting you some good life leech, and all of this while not doing anything. As you can see in my Shaper kill, I failed to avoid the last mechanic, but I blocked it and the reckoning culling strike killed him. It's also really good in PVP.

But I agree on the fact that it's more like a quality of life setup. I like to get things and kill things without doing anything.

On a boss fight, you have to keep an eye on your charges + fortify + blood rage, adding another active skill would be too much clicking for me because I'm a lazy guy, but if you are not afraid of it, you can replace reckoning by Ancestral Warchief/Protector + culling strike + melee damage + faster attacks (same setup RRGG), you will get some good DPS in addition to yours and still have the culling strike.

One thing I wanted to do was changing my CWDT setup like this : CWDT + Chaos golem + Curse on hit + Ele weakness, and so removing your previous setup and using the 2 slots to add a Reckoning + Culling strike. It would allow you to run a higher Ele weakness curse since you wouldn't be limited by the CWDT gem level, and you would get an additional 4% physical damage reduction (or get an Earth golem to add some life regen). But this way you would lose free Onslaught and Endurance charges.

One thing I tried was to use Kaom's roots boots, to get some more life, be immune to freeze/temporal chain, and get 1 passive tree point back since I could remove Unwavering stance from it. So I just removed this reckoning setup, and tried it like that, but the clear speed was really slower without movement speed since shield charge depends a lot on it, and I lost culling strike, which is really good on end game bosses (I later used a switch shield with a reckoning-culling setup on it, and switched weapon while bosses were at cull range, but it didnt feel good to play).

So yeah, the reckoning setup is a choice I made, but it's not mandatory, feel free to use your own setup :)

I tried the same for CWDT set up but golems don't trigger curses..I think.

Currently I have removed the reckoning gem setup but replaced it with CWDT + Enfeeble + Blood Rage + Molten shell

On my other CWDT I have.. CWDT + Phase run + Immortal call + Increased Dur.

I run vitality + clarity + arctic armor + stone golem

How do you think my gem set up is? Or shall I go with reckoning? I didn't see much of blocking but probably because I'm low level?
"

I tried the same for CWDT set up but golems don't trigger curses..I think.

Currently I have removed the reckoning gem setup but replaced it with CWDT + Enfeeble + Blood Rage + Molten shell

On my other CWDT I have.. CWDT + Phase run + Immortal call + Increased Dur.

I run vitality + clarity + arctic armor + stone golem

How do you think my gem set up is? Or shall I go with reckoning? I didn't see much of blocking but probably because I'm low level?

I don't like Blood rage on CWDT setup since you're not sure to have it 100% of the time on bosses, so you lose some life leech and attack speed.

Phase run & Immortal call consume your charges, so I don't recommend it either. I'm actually at 86% all resistances, so I need my 6 endurance charges to be overcaped 100% of the time.
- Without endurance charges you lose 24% physical damage reduction + 10% from ascendancy = 34% physical damage reduction + 24% all elemental resistances + 1.2% life regen, and this only to get some physical invulnerability for a few second. It's not a good deal at all.
- Without frenzy charges makes you lose a great amount of DPS : 16% more damage + 10% more physical damage + 16% increased attack speed while all charges are up (so for several hits) vs 30% more damage for only 1 hit with phase run buff.
So imagine yourself going on the boss, and the last mob you kill before entering the arena makes you proc immortal call + phase run : you'll go on the boss without any charges. I wouldn't recommend it.

Clarity is useless imo, I never lack mana with the leech, and it's not worth it to replace Hatred with vitality, you don't NEED those 1.6% life regen, better get 36% extra cold damage.
Last edited by mayo on Sep 14, 2017, 11:35:04 AM
What should I do if I only have a 5L for ice crash? Which shall I get rid of?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info