[3.4] ELE CLAW INQUISITOR | Farm Shaper on 3Link! + UberElder, UberAtziri | very Budget friendly!

Ty for fixing the How to Gear your character section
Trying to understand why this build is stacking both fire and light damage an not only one of them..

Molten Strike converts 60% of phys dmg to fire but we don't really have any phys dmg. Does the damage come from stacking as many projectiles as possible?

Also why not use "wrath" in conjunction with "added light" in the 6L as a massive damage boost? After all dps is the best defence.

I was looking to make a BF but saw the build changed, is the MS superior is general or just for end game bosses?

Is Ancestral Call bis? it looks to me like a variant of Lesser Multiple Projectiles. Wouldn't a gem like "Added Fire" give more damage?

Sorry if my questions are stupid.
Last edited by alecs87 on Dec 15, 2017, 8:53:17 AM
"
alecs87 wrote:
Trying to understand why this build is stacking both fire and light damage an not only one of them..

You stack ele. damage in general. No matter what type, as we don't get any nodes that only boost one type.

"

Molten Strike converts 60% of phys dmg to fire but we don't really have any phys dmg. Does the damage come from stacking as many projectiles as possible?

Well the amount of course counts. But obviously you need to scale the damage itself too. 7 projectiles that do no damage are still doing no damage.

"

Also why not use "wrath" in conjunction with "added light" in the 6L as a massive damage boost? After all dps is the best defence.

Use it if you want, but I like Blasphemy+Enfeeble much better. Maybe it is because of the nature of Molten Strike. After you hit something it takes a little bit of time until the projectiles explode. In that time you just stand there without any defense or leech. Having the monsters do less damage or outright miss you is better. Also, if there is one thing this build has enough of, it is damage^^

Also, HoI+Onslaught+Innervate is a must have for clearing. It just adds so much speed. For big bosses Wrath + just the two Heralds (if you have Enlighten 3) is the better option as Onslaught and Innervate wont trigger anyway.

"

I was looking to make a BF but saw the build changed, is the MS superior is general or just for end game bosses?

It is MUCH better for everything. Ancestral Call triples your projectiles, aka instead of 7 you have 21 per hit, in a HUGE area. Actually, endgame bossing is where BF comes the closest to MS. For clearing it is so much slower you can't even compare both skills.

"

Is Ancestral Call bis? it looks to me like a variant of Lesser Multiple Projectiles. Wouldn't a gem like "Added Fire" give more damage?

It would give more damage. Thats why we use Elemental Damage with Attacks instead of Ancestral Call for single target. But for Clearing Ancestral Call is BiS obviously. You will take at least double as long clearing a map without it. And comparing it to LMP is not even remotely close. Ancestral Call is the most OP clearspeed support for attacks in the game. You maybe could compare it to using 3 GMPs if it were possible. If you have Dying Sun and the helmet Enchantment you drop 12 balls with each hit. With Ancestral Call that is 36 Balls in an area much much larger.

I just hope they don't nerf Ancestral Call too much. It makes so many namelocking skills that usually have terrible clearspeed so much fun to play.
Last edited by Mecielle on Dec 15, 2017, 10:37:26 AM
Can someone please check out my gear. I think Im at a really good state right now but I dont even come close to tooltip dps. And I dont really know what to upgrade next. Character: Kautschok_S
What gives build more: 6-L (now on 5) or Lycoside?
"
Rossko wrote:
"
Zginc wrote:
Think I can skip on the 3 molten strike projectile head enchant for the build if I have all other "required" gear?

My main intention is to have a build to farm Red tier Elder as my Starforge cycle Slayer struggled with the fight.

Just delete your Account and deeinstall poe plz.
Sorry but if you cant/want to read a little guide its the wrong game for you.

I rly start to get mad here. ... 90% of the questions ARE ALREADY answered in the guide itself.

Answer for you: yes you Do and you need even more. .... you need mirrored gear for hillock .

€dit:how did you get to red maps/Elder or even further then act 4? And how the hell could you afford a Starforge? [Removed by Support]

No reason to get mad. The enchant isnt really necessary to fully clear the game. RedElder is a pretty tough fight and imho the hardest in the entire game. The amount of powerful AoE clear you need is quite brutal. But if the the rest of the gear is good enough you should be able to kill him without the enchant.

"
alecs87 wrote:

Sorry if my questions are stupid.

The build doesnt need to have a specific type of element to scale its damage. Other Ascnedencies fare better when utilizing only a single element to focus on a specific type of penetration as a MORE damage multiplier. Inquisitor flat out ignore all types of elemental resistances when you crit. Thats why we can scale our damage pretty much strictly off crit damage (critchance and multiplier). Lightning Damage however can shock and wich causes a rather small but good %more multiplier depending on how much life your target has.

Also you could technically use a good physical claw and use skill into "Winter Spirit" for further conversion. Its actually not that bad cause you benefit better off "Claw of the Magpie".

"
What gives build more: 6-L (now on 5) or Lycoside?

A 6L will always give you better damage. With around 80% chance to hit you would only get 20% MORE damage off the shield. Pretty much any support gem is around 30-50% more damage.

I hope this explanation helps to understand things a bit better.
Last edited by GornoDD on Dec 15, 2017, 11:24:12 AM
Hey man,

i started as a BF and i'm 84 now. I just saw the update for MS.
I'm pretty fine with my clear and boss kill speed. Rushing through a T6 in like 2 min atm. Would you still consider to transition into MS? I mean you said the clear is awful, while the clear with BF is pretty damn good. I'm also thinking about to put like 50c into my Tree and swap to Zizaran's EK build.

What are your thoughts?
Hey GornoDD. Thanks so much for this guide! Just hit 73 and I'm poor as hell.

In budget gear section you recommend buying a 6L white chest. In Abyss right now I can't afford them (~35C).

Should I stick with my Tabula Rasa, or shell out ~5C for a 5L Yellow Chest?

Which one will better prepare me for farming Uber Lab/Atziri ASAP?
Last edited by Nairul on Dec 15, 2017, 11:37:20 AM
"
Alanox wrote:
Hey man,

i started as a BF and i'm 84 now. I just saw the update for MS.
I'm pretty fine with my clear and boss kill speed. Rushing through a T6 in like 2 min atm. Would you still consider to transition into MS? I mean you said the clear is awful, while the clear with BF is pretty damn good. I'm also thinking about to put like 50c into my Tree and swap to Zizaran's EK build.

What are your thoughts?

If you want to clear maps fast only EK is (much) better for sure.
But for bosses EK sucks hard. MS is overall fine.
You could just invest in a Tabula and respec the few points and try MS..... i bet you wont want to go back to BF. ... and If you can go back with only a little investement. MS map clear is much better .
Last edited by rossko on Dec 15, 2017, 12:07:22 PM
"
Nairul wrote:
Hey GornoDD. Thanks so much for this guide! Just hit 73 and I'm poor as hell.

In budget gear section you recommend buying a 6L white chest. In Abyss right now I can't afford them (~35C).

Should I stick with my Tabula Rasa, or shell out ~5C for a 5L Yellow Chest?

Which one will better prepare me for farming Uber Lab/Atziri ASAP?

As i said above i did atziri (normal) at 75 with only one dead because of bleed after the Trio and uber lab at 83 at First try with 2 essences and 2 gargoyls with a Tabula.
I feel like dmg>hp as long as you dont get one shoted for bosses cause you will just leech full pretty fast.

€dit:sorry for doppel post
Last edited by rossko on Dec 15, 2017, 11:48:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info