Game is to easy.

"
Anubis2108 wrote:
Lets be honest now.. for real.. the majority of the time it is not nessesary to trade before maps, and i dont really cause thats how easy the game have become. You are just assuming i am because i said i like to trade.
Well shoot, I thought I was being honest. Or at least trying to be.

You mentioned your first build being a cyclone marauder with Oro's Sacrifice and if that was what you were using in Act 10 then you had a weapon that could only drop in the final area, The Feeding Trough (Or maybe a couple of areas before that if it was a boss, rare or very fortunate strongbox that dropped it.)

What gear do you normally have when you're in Act 10?
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
"
Anubis2108 wrote:
Can i ask what you are so curious about on my profile?

I will make my profile public. If you can give me an honest answer as to why i would have any reason to lie public about a pc game that i am playing? And it has to make sense.

Oh that's simple.
Looking at a players character lets you get an idea of their build, and their equipment.
Both of which can have significant weight on how easy a person finds the early-mid game.

I mean, if a player's rolling through Acts 4-10 with a three-linked Storm Call and still feeling like the game's too easy then yeah, the difficulty might benefit from being looked at and/or discussed.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Aug 19, 2017, 9:58:39 PM
"
crystalwitch wrote:
"
Anubis2108 wrote:
Lets be honest now.. for real.. the majority of the time it is not nessesary to trade before maps, and i dont really cause thats how easy the game have become. You are just assuming i am because i said i like to trade.
Well shoot, I thought I was being honest. Or at least trying to be.

You mentioned your first build being a cyclone marauder with Oro's Sacrifice and if that was what you were using in Act 10 then you had a weapon that could only drop in the final area, The Feeding Trough (Or maybe a couple of areas before that if it was a boss, rare or very fortunate strongbox that dropped it.)

What gear do you normally have when you're in Act 10?

I did beef myself up before kitava. But thats about it. Anything wrong with that? again, in my oppinion the game should not be balanced around SSF and it is not very enjoyable for me.
"
crystalwitch wrote:
"
Anubis2108 wrote:

I will make my profile public. If you can give me an honest answer as to why i would have any reason to lie public about a pc game that i am playing? And it has to make sense.

Oh that's simple.
Looking at a players character lets you get an idea of their build, and their equipment.
Both of which can have significant weight on how easy a person finds the early-mid game.

Correct. But you did not answer why i would lie.
It has been made public. Everything i have on the chars that are lvling are self found or crafted.
Last edited by Anubis2108 on Aug 19, 2017, 10:01:33 PM
To be fair, for every one person that wouldn't lie on the internet there are 50 more that are either misinformed, uneducated, or blatantly lying all the time.

That's not a ding on you of course, just a matter of the state of things currently. Personally I don't fully believe anything I can't verify with my own eyes anymore. I've spent too many years developing software for large organizations and communities to have that amount of unfettered trust in strangers.
"Life is weighted dice. You have some control over the outcome, but you'll never win if you don't roll."
Last edited by Frosthaven83 on Aug 19, 2017, 10:06:29 PM
The lesson to be learned here is that when a person is prepared to make claims, a person must also be prepared to present the proper evidence to back those claims.
"
Anubis2108 wrote:
Game is to easy.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE LEVEL PROCESS FROM ACT 1->10, AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH END GAME CONTENT!

I am pretty happy with the lvling experience from act 1 -> 3 but everything after that just gets boring because you dont get challenged. Everything dies in secs and you kill everything on the screen. The game gets harder again when you reach tier 8+ maps. But up untill that point it is really boring. I mean the difficulty.. not the content. Please make the encounters in different places more interesting and last longer than a 1 sec.

Well, Anubis2108 should not be using op gear then. If he can race through very easily and 90% of the player base find it either just right or hard then I suggest that he stop using gear and meta builds that do make it too (I used the correct form of the word) easy for him. Some one boasted in a post several years ago that he could complete all acts without using rare or unique gear. Don't remember how far he got on just magic gear but doing that would certainly make PoE harder for you.

If GGG ramped up the difficulty just for the top 1% of players then the 99% would complain that PoE is too hard and a sizable % would quit. That would be stupid for GGG to do that. Same as many think the speed of playing has gotten way out of control (too fast). Again if GGG did a global speed nerf to slow everything down then there would be a huge backlash and sizable exit of players.

So again I say to Anubis2108, stop using gear that allows you to one or two shot entire screen.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Anubis2108 wrote:
Game is to easy.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE LEVEL PROCESS FROM ACT 1->10, AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH END GAME CONTENT!

I am pretty happy with the lvling experience from act 1 -> 3 but everything after that just gets boring because you dont get challenged. Everything dies in secs and you kill everything on the screen. The game gets harder again when you reach tier 8+ maps. But up untill that point it is really boring. I mean the difficulty.. not the content. Please make the encounters in different places more interesting and last longer than a 1 sec.

Well, Anubis2108 should not be using op gear then. If he can race through very easily and 90% of the player base find it either just right or hard then I suggest that he stop using gear and meta builds that do make it too (I used the correct form of the word) easy for him. Some one boasted in a post several years ago that he could complete all acts without using rare or unique gear. Don't remember how far he got on just magic gear but doing that would certainly make PoE harder for you.

If GGG ramped up the difficulty just for the top 1% of players then the 99% would complain that PoE is too hard and a sizable % would quit. That would be stupid for GGG to do that. Same as many think the speed of playing has gotten way out of control (too fast). Again if GGG did a global speed nerf to slow everything down then there would be a huge backlash and sizable exit of players.

So again I say to Anubis2108, stop using gear that allows you to one or two shot entire screen.

lol. I am not the top 1% i really am not. I am just a player like most of you. That is what most of you dont get. I have never followed a guide because i enjoy making my own builds and i rarely hit lvl 90+ because about that time i have seen what the build looks like in practice. In fact, i stay far away from meta builds because i like creating something unique that most dont.. it might be bad most of the time but at least it is unique. I have never killed atziri or shaper but i have been in red maps many times. The point again of this thread is the leveling experience from act 1 to 10.

And every build pretty much 1 shot everything unless you use heavy strike without melee splash.
Last edited by Anubis2108 on Aug 19, 2017, 10:09:35 PM
"
Anubis2108 wrote:
I did beef myself up before kitava. But thats about it. Anything wrong with that? again, in my oppinion the game should not be balanced around SSF and it is not very enjoyable for me.

There's nothing wrong with that, it's just that might have influenced your feelings about the difficulty, though you're talking about the process through the entire acts, not just the bosses.

"
Anubis2108 wrote:
"
crystalwitch wrote:
"
Anubis2108 wrote:

Oh that's simple.

Correct. But you did not answer why i would lie.

Oh drat. I answered the first question but missed the second.
Fair enough.

There are a number of possible reasons why a person might lie about their progress.

1) They might be trying to boost their self-esteem by stating that they're finding a game too easy in the hopes that people respond with respect and/or envy.

2) They might be a troll, creating a contentious subject purely for the arguments that they might cause.

3) They might have had someone else play the early game for them and are now finding themselves bored with a character they've had little-to-no input in.

4) They traded early and hard, breezing through the game's main story with fully-linked items and now realise their earlier argument might be invalid.

5) They're a habitual liar, and genuinely don't see the point in telling the truth.

6) Similar to possibility 1, they might be progressing poorly and hoping for advise.

7) They're using an alternate account to make their forum posts and don't wish to undermine their point by showing an empty account.

I'm sure there're a few more possibilities, people are nearly infinite in their ways of thinking but this is what I've come up with on a few minute's thought.
Edit: Huh that looks like it was closer to ten minute's thought.
I'm probably spending too much time on this.
Last edited by crystalwitch on Aug 19, 2017, 10:11:24 PM
OKEEEEY.. Now that you all have questioned me about my experience, my playing habbits and whether or not i am a liar can we please stay on topic now.

Oh, and

Sorry to disapoint you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info