Game is to easy.

"
"
Anubis2108 wrote:
"
You don't think that having spent 5,500 hours with PoE had anything to do with you feeling leveling is "too easy"?

Do you agree that it might be just a little ridiculous to ask for the leveling portion of the game to be adjusted for people with thousands of hours in learning the mechanics of PoE?

You truly SHOULD find the game easier than the majority. It would be impossible for you not to. You're FAR from an average PoE player with 5,500 hours. In fact, you're likely in the .01 percentile. Don't be so selfish and think about the rest of we 99.99 %

THat would make sense ofcause. I spend a lot of time checking out twitch streams on my other monitor while playing and i spend a lot of time looking at all the new streamers coming to poe. Many of which took thoudsands of new players with them. And a lot of thoes "not only the streamers" expressed that the game was to easy save for a few spikes sometimes. So from "my observation" it is not only experienced players that walk through the content. The question is then, should a new player be able to complete everything from act 1 -> 10 without dying once except for the kitava fight? I think thats a signal in itself.

I hoped to have a lot of oppinions instead this turned out to be a something else entirely..Had i known, i probaly would not had created this thread.

If an actual "new player" makes it through all of the leveling process in PoE without one death, or one of the many chicken log outs, etc., I will eat my shorts on a twitch stream.

Even you yourself say that your characters die in this game after thousands of learning hours.

Had you known that the leveling in PoE was "easy" for you simply because you've over-played it, you'd have not made the thread.

You might be right, i am not saying you are wrong. But that is excactly what i wanted to find out when i made this thread. Instead i had to deal with the hazzle of defending myself.
After 5,500 hours, any game should seem easy. SSFHC Heavy Strike will help you find some of the missing challenge. Go get 'em, exile.
"
After 5,500 hours, any game should seem easy. SSFHC Heavy Strike will help you find some of the missing challenge. Go get 'em, exile.

You want me to play heavy strike? yeah thats fun... or not.
I think its a great ramp up in difficulty. yeah it was a bit easy compared to previous content distribution that had massive difficulty spikes followed by easy content.

just for try, for see and for know
"
I think its a great ramp up in difficulty. yeah it was a bit easy compared to previous content distribution that had massive difficulty spikes followed by easy content.

I started halfway through legacy, and that jump from cruel > merc was definitely doable but equal parts nonsensical. Was happy to see a smoother curve through 90% of the new setup.
"Life is weighted dice. You have some control over the outcome, but you'll never win if you don't roll."
The fact that so many people insist on making this personal and derail the thread is beyond me.

Anyway, regarding the topic - I wouldn't say that the acts are too easy, especially for new players. I stomped them with a totem inqui, but a totem inqui is a really good non-gear reliant starter build, so no surprise here. However, if I created a less starter friendly build, it would have been more difficult to complete the acts.

I believe there are several issues with the difficulty in this game, and why same content can be perceived easy or hard by people:

1. Big disparity between poor builds and proper (tested) builds. If you don't use guides, and make something yourself for the first time (or even second or third), with passive all over the place and wrong supports, you are going to have a much inferior experience than someone with a proper build and leveling plan; the latter will faceroll enemies while the guy with a bad build will struggle with white mobs.

2. "Wind-up time". Some builds (in fact majority of them) don't start working properly untill level 60 or 70 (sometimes even 80). It happens to a variety of reason, for example, a key unique is level restricted, or you need certain combination of passives to make your build function. So before you hit that sweet spot, you have to use a different leveling set up, which might not be optimal, and provide you with tougher leveling experience than if you used a build that works the way it should almost from start.

3. Damage spikes. With certain exceptions, this game is heavily based around high speed, instant or near instant recovery and burst damage both from the monsters and the player. In the end, you are either facerolling everything at full health or you are dead or near dead, there is almost never an in-between state. And when you faceroll, it does make the game seem very easy (full hp, everyone dies before even reacting to you), however, in some cases the player is actually walking on a razor thin line, close to being instagibbed without even realizing it. This leads to "random" deaths that seem BS and perceived damage spikes, and skews the perception of difficulty.

There are other reasons, but my point was that the difficulty of this game is affected by numerous factors, and is very uneven for different players because there are so many factors at play. So many items, builds, and they often have different dynamics and leveling experience.
Last edited by MECHanokl on Aug 20, 2017, 4:18:17 AM
"
Anubis2108 wrote:
"
Frosthaven83 wrote:
While I think the game being "too easy" is really hard to blanket statement due to the vast array of potential builds, I wouldn't be against more interesting encounters. 'Facetank > kill > run' OR 'sidestep > kill > run' aren't very deep nor meaningful interactions.

And yet the addiction is still very real!

I understand it varies a lot depending on the build. But it does not vary much from act 4 -> 10. The content in 3.0 is so awsome however it is very easy, takes a short time and it is not very rewarding. Everytime you see a boss or unique monster you go like WOOOOOOOOWW WHAT IS THAT!!! and it dies in a sec.. and drops 2 white items and 1 rare you cant use. I would rather die a few times.. then after learning it, kill it and get rewarded. Thats how a game like this should be.. you should not walk over the content like you do right now.

That's an overexaggeration, bosses during lvling don't die in 1 sec to the vast majority of ppl. Also this is an arpg/hack & slash - you want ppl to be able to kill mobs fast and keep moving. Noone wants to have to spend 10 secs killing 1 white mob. The bosses are what should offer a bigger challenge and since they're hp in maps (except for guardians/shaper) got doubled - now they do. Many builds got nerfed with the changes aswell and the gameplay got slowed down a bit. All is fine.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
The OP is just spewing nonsense. Bullpoop!
I really, really "like" the fact, that so many people doubting OP to be a hardcore player, causing his opinion to be invalid, but everybody readily believes him to have spent 5500 hours in this game, causing him to be a veteran player, who can breeze through act 1 to 10.
I smell somethin weird here...

Back to topic: In my opinion the difficulty has ramped up quite a bit due to the "early" focus on elemental damage in act 6 compared to before (directly after your resistances get hit). You have to provide capped resistances and life on gear much earlier in the game than before.
Ive never felt the need to spent so many additional points on all resist before and it was the first time I was considering using purity of elements for leveling purposes.

But well, Im just a softcore player, so my opinion doesnt count.

Last edited by Vias_Myton on Aug 20, 2017, 10:38:40 AM
Knowing the acts and fights obviously makes their encounters easy. Which is fine imo. No one wants to bite their teeth out on the fucking tutorial. The game starts around maps and considering all the mods you can roll on these, it can become harder real fast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info