[3.0] Crit Freezing Pulse by Paige | All Bosses Down | Videos | Leveling | Budget Friendly

how to deal with elemental reflection?
"
SouL_hE4rT wrote:
how to deal with elemental reflection?

Soul of Yugul Pantheon and instant leech from Vaal Pact.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
If we cant afford the gloves do we divert 4 points to get vaal pact until we can get them?
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Sep 4, 2017, 10:38:44 PM
"
solid2q wrote:
If we cant afford the gloves do we divert 4 points to get vaal pact until we can get them?

Yeah exactly, my budget version should be good for you if you can't afford the gloves.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Oh gotcha, didn't know the trees were different :/. Thanks :D
I've had a lot of fun with this build, even though I'm pretty broke POE wise. I used a 4 link, until I just got a 5 link, which was even acceptable at 4 link. Its friendly to sub other uniques in and build as you go, and its easy on gem slots. People complaining about the cost I think are trying to push to hard.

My biggest issue was late act 10 on bosses, despite having a 100% damage wand and 100% damage shield, the DPS was poor so boss fights took forever. Once I hit 68, things needless to say improved a lot.

I came to this one from a necromancer which would clear maps insanely fast, but was awful at small arena boss fights, so this is a very nice change of pace.

My question would be why do you pick pandamonious over halycon for an amulet, I'd think the 60% boost would be huge, and I'm semi-newish to POE, only having played one league prior so I'm missing something (also being the pandamonious is more expensive I assume it has a reason to be).
"
Herculite wrote:
I've had a lot of fun with this build, even though I'm pretty broke POE wise. I used a 4 link, until I just got a 5 link, which was even acceptable at 4 link. Its friendly to sub other uniques in and build as you go, and its easy on gem slots. People complaining about the cost I think are trying to push to hard.

My biggest issue was late act 10 on bosses, despite having a 100% damage wand and 100% damage shield, the DPS was poor so boss fights took forever. Once I hit 68, things needless to say improved a lot.

I came to this one from a necromancer which would clear maps insanely fast, but was awful at small arena boss fights, so this is a very nice change of pace.

My question would be why do you pick pandamonious over halycon for an amulet, I'd think the 60% boost would be huge, and I'm semi-newish to POE, only having played one league prior so I'm missing something (also being the pandamonious is more expensive I assume it has a reason to be).

Hi I appreciate your feedback and glad to hear you're enjoying the build.

Halycon vs Pandemonius is a good question.

A lot of people see the 60% increased damage and run with it, and that's very easy to do in this game where you have to educate yourself when there are so many deceiving choices thrown your way.

Simply put, Pandemonius will be more overall damage in every scenario, and provides very strong defense from chill enemy when hit, and the blind chilled enemy effect.

A beginners trap is only looking at tooltip DPS increases. There's a lot of mechanics in the game that can't be calculated by tooltip DPS, such as penetration. Penetration is extremely powerful and shouldn't be overlooked.

Why can't penetration be calculated on tooltip DPS? Because the amount of resistances on an enemy can vary at any time. Some monsters have very high cold res, some have fire res, map bosses and end game bosses like Atziri and Shaper also have increased elemental resists.

To give you a really rough example, my Wise Oak flask which penetrates 15% of cold resistance and that's it, was giving me around a 9% overall total DPS increase. Halcyon on it's own, was around 2.5%. And Pandemonius was around 5% not even taking into consideration the defensive aspects of pandemonius.

So yeah, penetration is king.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Sep 6, 2017, 8:56:18 PM
Hello Paige and others! Firstly, i have to say thank you to Paige for that nice build. I use it with pleasure and its extremely powerful on maps. Secondary, i wanna give a little advice to people who use that build. I tested main version of build with haste aura / rat's nest helmet and got 83% movespeed (with onslaught), which is extremely good for fast map clearing, maybe until T15-T16 maps. 6k+ Hp, great movespeed and additional crit from Rat's nest help alot with very fast map clearing, feel free to try use it :) Of cource, if u can get enough resistance from rings and belt :)
"
Stanback wrote:
Hello Paige and others! Firstly, i have to say thank you to Paige for that nice build. I use it with pleasure and its extremely powerful on maps. Secondary, i wanna give a little advice to people who use that build. I tested main version of build with haste aura / rat's nest helmet and got 83% movespeed (with onslaught), which is extremely good for fast map clearing, maybe until T15-T16 maps. 6k+ Hp, great movespeed and additional crit from Rat's nest help alot with very fast map clearing, feel free to try use it :) Of cource, if u can get enough resistance from rings and belt :)

Thank you! <3

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info