[3.0] 100% Ele Conversion BV Inquisitor - Life Based - Cheap

How do you like yours? Noticed you're at 59 chaos res. Is it a big increase in damage taken?

I can probably get to 50 chaos res but not higher.

One of my friends told me that the game is balanced around most people having 0 chaos res (meaning enough to just cover the -60 penalty), and suggested if I have around 50-60 chaos res I may even take less overall damage even with incandescent heart.

You guys think that's true? I know on paper it's a damage taken increase but just curious...
"
Mopstah wrote:
How do you like yours? Noticed you're at 59 chaos res. Is it a big increase in damage taken?

I can probably get to 50 chaos res but not higher.

One of my friends told me that the game is balanced around most people having 0 chaos res (meaning enough to just cover the -60 penalty), and suggested if I have around 50-60 chaos res I may even take less overall damage even with incandescent heart.

You guys think that's true? I know on paper it's a damage taken increase but just curious...

I like it. In maps I'm capped most of the time with Atziri's Promise so most of the time the extra damage isn't too bad. If you take a big slam and you're not capped, the extra damage imo, is the difference between surviving it and dying.

I'm ignorant to any statements made by GGG regarding whether or not the game is balanced around players having +/-0 Chaos res.

I would say it's not the case as it's relatively easy to get chaos res assuming you're not wearing all unique items. For example, I could still get chaos res on my amulet, shield, boots, and gloves(vaal'd) and keep my ele res overcapped for ele weakeness and EE mods.
Incandescent is only good if you can hit 75% Chaos res IMO. The chest was built for CI. This build already does good dmg, but is rather squishy at around 5k life. I tried it out but didn't feel like the damage increase was worth the pain of trying to cap 4 res.
I think the original poster's guide for links is a good start, but it has a lot of room for improvement.
I'm most likely going to run something more like this:

ARMOR:
Blade Vortex
Spell Echo
Increased AOE (Conc Effect for bosses)
Physical to Lightning
Increased Critical Strikes
Elemental Focus

GLOVES:
Arcane Surge
Power Charge on Critical
Increased Critical Strikes
Orb of Storms

BOOTS:
Cast when Damage Taken level 20
Ice Golem level 20
Increased Duration level 20
Immortal Call level whatever

HELM:
Vengeance
Curse on Hit
Curse of your choice
Hatred

WEAPON1:
Fortify
Faster Attacks
Whirling Blades/Shield Charge

WEAPON2:
Vaal Grace
Vaal Haste
Increased Duration

Not gonna run blasphemy curse because will be using MoM.
"
Harpoontang wrote:
I think the original poster's guide for links is a good start, but it has a lot of room for improvement.
I'm most likely going to run something more like this:

HELM:
Vengeance
Curse on Hit
Curse of your choice
Hatred

Not gonna run blasphemy curse because will be using MoM.

Something I'm experimenting with is a level 1 Warlords Mark/CwDT. It's 2% leech regardless of levels and you save some sockets.
no blaspheny will kill u someday. cause u will have low hp from range attack(=curse on it wont help u with leech) and u will have 0.25 sec cd and in this time u could die. :)
wasting 1k mana for blasphemy as for me - is more safe.
Running without warlord's mark on blasphemy does not sound like a good idea to me. The leech is what keeps me alive, ALL the time. I'm also considering experimenting with MoM, but in my opinion, that's even more reason to use blasphemy/warlord's. Leech health + mana + mana regen seems like a nice tanky synergy, I don't think it would be as effective without blasphemy.

I think I'll probably use herald of ice/blasphemy/warlord's/enlighten 3 - the enlighten to help a bit with mana costs...might work or might fail hard lol.
Last edited by Mopstah on Aug 17, 2017, 11:43:44 PM
"
Mopstah wrote:
Running without warlord's mark on blasphemy does not sound like a good idea to me. The leech is what keeps me alive, ALL the time. I'm also considering experimenting with MoM, but in my opinion, that's even more reason to use blasphemy/warlord's. Leech health + mana + mana regen seems like a nice tanky synergy, I don't think it would be as effective without blasphemy.

Yeah I will try blasphemy Warlord's with MoM before I write it off. Could be sexy.
Hey guys, why Shield Charge over Whirling Blades, just preference?
It's a better movement skill for this build, I feel. Also it scales really well with both attack and movespeed, not sure if whirling blades does the same. It might I'm just not sure.

It also has a nice AoE attack when it finishes its charge, which makes it super easy to proc fortify.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info