[3.0] 100% Ele Conversion BV Inquisitor - Life Based - Cheap

I don't see any see any real difference between this and Mathil's build but yea im running this with carcass jack and its going well.
Hey guys,

I'm going for that build and was asking myself a question about life leeching bosses (Guardians, Shaper...)
What is the best setup to use between Incandescent Heart (which required a lot of chaos res everywhere and some sacrifice on other stats) and Carcass+MoM+Essence Worm Ring (in order to run Hatred+Warlord and to have some mana left for MoM)?
With the reduction of curse's effect on bosses, is it possible to life leech to full life before the next hit with Incandescent Heart+Vaal Pact+Blood Drinker, or is it safer to mitigate some of those damages with MoM, while loosing a lot of life leech?

As long as the boss map doesn't have the hexproof mod you are fine with vaal pact. Note that blood drinker doesn't work with blade vortex because it's a spell and not an attack.

If you want to use MoM, which I have tested, I recommend either using warlords with Herald of ice or ash for mapping and drop the herald at boss time, or your plan to use hatred in an essence worm with warlords.

I'm using an incandescent heart right now without MoM and I have 6.1k life and 1k es. And that's with biscos amulet aka no life. The damage with hatred and incandescent is very high. Feels strong but I may end up going to MoM again for boss farming once I get there.
Thanks for your answer, it helps a lot.

By reading the last few pages of that thread and you guys talking about Incandescent Heart versus Carcass, I thought Incandescent Heart's life leech was working (and Blood drinker too then) with BV for some reason. But the only interest (pretty huge already) of Incandescent Heart is the added chaos damage.

Then I guess the only option remaining to sustain tough hits from shaper or guardians is to go Carcass+MoM then.

As you said before, berserker-Pledge of Hands is an other way to play BV, do you think it's a better one for boss farming or is Inquisitor strong enough if you dodge a good amount of hits? How do they compare damage-wise in your opinion?

Thanks again for the time you take for answering.

hi all, i saw a lot of question about incandescent heart.
personally i felt that incandescent heart is bis for this build and it can make you face tank shaper laser beam and of cause not his big slam. i can do shaper pretty fast with deathless. You may able to kill shaper with normal high HP 6 links also, but just not as fast as incandescent. Suggestion cap chaos resist is a must if you wanna run maps with incandescent or at least 40 chaos resist with Atziri flask.
For guardian, you need to dodge for phoenix, minotaur big slam and able face tank chimera and hydra.

below just sharing my gears and sorry for my bad english.

"
Gawath1 wrote:
Thanks for your answer, it helps a lot.

By reading the last few pages of that thread and you guys talking about Incandescent Heart versus Carcass, I thought Incandescent Heart's life leech was working (and Blood drinker too then) with BV for some reason. But the only interest (pretty huge already) of Incandescent Heart is the added chaos damage.

Then I guess the only option remaining to sustain tough hits from shaper or guardians is to go Carcass+MoM then.

As you said before, berserker-Pledge of Hands is an other way to play BV, do you think it's a better one for boss farming or is Inquisitor strong enough if you dodge a good amount of hits? How do they compare damage-wise in your opinion?

Thanks again for the time you take for answering.

I really don't like carcass for this build. It just doesn't provide enough defense or damage, but thats personal preference. Clearly it does synergize well but for me personally, I would rather take a high life rare or incandescent for damage.

I do feel berserker is tankier. Kinda wish I did that but I'm not re rolling now :) You can use kaoms and avoid warlords mark for massive life and MoM synergy.

I'm around almost 7k combined health and es though so I'm hopeful the end game bosses won't be too bad. Will start grinding them when I hit 90.
"
I really don't like carcass for this build. It just doesn't provide enough defense or damage, but thats personal preference. Clearly it does synergize well but for me personally, I would rather take a high life rare or incandescent for damage.

I do feel berserker is tankier. Kinda wish I did that but I'm not re rolling now :) You can use kaoms and avoid warlords mark for massive life and MoM synergy.

I'm around almost 7k combined health and es though so I'm hopeful the end game bosses won't be too bad. Will start grinding them when I hit 90.

Guardians and ,to a lesser extent, Shaper are pretty easy if you're familiar with the fights.

My Shaper needs work though :D. Waiting for another level up as well before I go again.
Last edited by riverwithin on Aug 27, 2017, 4:38:03 AM
I'd like to share my experience with this build in HC Harbinger and offer some feedback.
Currently, I'm lvl85 with shittier gear. Here's my stuff:

Dps-wise, the build is working formidably on a budget for me. Converting BV to full ele while combining it with Inquis Ascendancy is a great build concept. It's easy to scale and it offers amazing damage despite bad gear.

On the defensive side, however, I've been struggling a lot. I've had so many near-death-experiences on this toon that he should be dead by the time someine is reading this.

It's gotten a tiny bit better once I picked up an Essence Worm for Hatred and respecced to MoM. I'm currently running on 5.5 Life and 900 Mana, which is manageable if I can keep 100% uptime on Forify buff and defensive flasks, and if there's enough monsters nearby that I can leech from (VP OP!). At least in yellow maps without damage mods that is. I am aware that gearwise, I could get better rares with higher life rolls and additional mana for more MoM buffer. But regardless, I honstely don't see this build clear red maps safely and consistently. Not gonna lie that feels kinda discouraging.

Last edited by NiteskyEU on Aug 28, 2017, 4:05:19 PM
Hey NiteskyEU, what level is your char?

I had very similar concerns and I was worried my health pool would never be high enough, even around lvl 80.

However, I am now almost 92, and I can say with confidence I am clearing red maps with ease. Speed farming really nasty modded shaped maps. That includes -res, ele weakness, everything except hexproof and ele reflect is easy and safe.

I would recommend ditching essence worm and MoM. While MoM may seem safer, I found it to be really bad for this build. It made me a lot squishier because my mana was always low, I couldn't cast BV enough to replenish my stacks and leech life, or my mana would be so low in big battles I couldn't shield charge away or flame dash out of trouble.

Really focus on boosting life and life rolls on gear. Take a look at my character if you want (and if you want some better advice, allow access for others to view yours). I'm using an incandescent heart and without my bisco's amulet and with my proper shield (ie non-magic find gear which is currently equipped), I'm at 7k health and 1k es. My gear really isn't that special either aside from the chaos resistance stuff, you can easily just keep the carcass jack and avoid gearing for chaos res.

Just curious - has anyone here had any real strong success with MoM? Like I said above, I find it crippled me. Tried to incorporate it into my build twice, and both times made me really squishy. I had about 1k spare mana unreserved at the time (Blasphemy/Warlords and HoA with Enlighten).
Last edited by Mopstah on Aug 28, 2017, 4:43:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info