[3.0] Sidefx Mjolner Velocity - Clear maps like a god!

Hello, I'm Sidefxmayinclde
I wanted to play to play something flashy so I started thinking. We have not really seen a decent Mjolner build in sometime, why dont we give it a try! I bring to you my "Mjolner Velocity" build. Nothing more satisfying then blowing up whole lines of mobs with a slight flick of the wrist. I really hope you guys enjoy!
This guide will be updated overtime with more information as I progress into the league.

Path of Building
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/740Mp11F

This build focus on utilizing the weapon Mjolner and equipping two of these bad boys. This is a life based build so perfect for 3.0!
If you enjoy flashing things and having it all go pop before your very eyes then this is the build for you! This build is strictly a mapping build and the idea behind this build is to get it to clear maps as quick as possible (Endgame bossing is not possible with this build as the single target is not near competitive)

This build is a SOFTCORE viable build.

Any questions please feel free to ask on my stream! Www.twitch.tv/Sidefxmayinclde or Click this image! please dont forget to FOLLOW to know when i go live!

Pros
Spoiler

Shreds maps in minutes (will give more detail as i progress into higher tiers)
Tons of gem options (currently going with Spark Nova (the new jewel) and Ball lightning
Utilizes the new cyclone pathing!

Cons
Spoiler

Hard to gear as you need TONS of different stats
Could be frustrating early gear gem levels and ascendancy mean tons
Gear could end up getting slightly pricey

Bandits
Spoiler

+2 skill points, we need all the points we can get

Required Uniques
Spoiler

The bread and butter of the build without these it wouldnt be possible

These gloves give you IRON WILL (strngth effects spell damage as well) and since we already have the stat requirements its a win win!

This is a beast. Helps us get the stats we need while also giving us more leech and giving us tons of damage while leeching!

Since we are all lightning damage this helps us convert some of that to cold. Giving us more potential to free then shatter also gives us a better up-time on Shock

My current rares
Spoiler

Strength roll, life and res

Life roll, and tripple res

Double Strength roll and life (could fine a res on it 2)

Strength, life and res and even a little lightning damage too!

Life, res and move speed

Stat Priority/Flask
Spoiler

Stat Priority: Strength - Resistances - Life

Flasks: Im currently using
Adding in a vinkatar ASAP

Gem links
Spoiler

6l Setup: Cyclone - Faster attacks - Additional Accuracy - Culling - Onslaught - Enhance (that order for 4l/5l/6l

4l setups:
Blasphemy - Assassins Mark - Herald of Ice - Herald of Thunder
Cast when damage taken - Immortal Call - Summon Ice Golem - Flame Dash (NOT LINKED this is used to proc Instruments of Virtue)
Spell totem - Lightning tendrils - Controlled Destruction - Increased Critical Damage (your single target helper)

3l Setups:
Spark - Pierce - Controlled Destruction
Ball lightning - Greater Multi Projectiles - Controlled Destruction

Ascendancy
Spoiler

Inquisitor: Righteous Providence - Inevitable Judgement - Instruments of Virtue - Augury of Penitence

How to level
Spoiler

Standard caster leveling, Lifesprigs with Firestorm, if anyone has trouble with this Ill go further into this.

Skill Tree
Spoiler

40 point Tree: http://poeurl.com/breq

60 point Tree: http://poeurl.com/bres

90 point Tree: http://poeurl.com/brev

115 Endgame tree: http://poeurl.com/breh

Build Overview
Spoiler

This build requires you to get 412 strength on your toon before you can equip the weapon,
also requires you to get 300 intelligence but as inquisitor that is not a problem. That's Over all the most difficult thing about this build. You maye get luckly like I did as i started this as my 3.0 league starter. Any further questions please feel free to ask.

My other builds if you are intrested
Last edited by Sidefx06 on Sep 6, 2017, 3:31:21 AM
Last bumped on Oct 28, 2017, 6:43:33 PM
instead of ball lightning maybe shock nova?
"
skyicing wrote:
instead of ball lightning maybe shock nova?

the current set up is with projectile scaling in tree Spark with nova Jewel and Ball lightning,

another set up I play is discharge with Shock nova ;)
Looks like it could be fun and flashy. may have to try at some point this league
Hey, played a Spark Mjolner Berserker to lvl 89, can confirm its a fun playstyle. Switched to Discharge now so I can do guardians.
Hope you dont mind some criticism, spent a lot of time theorycrafting around similar builds:

- Fortify is HUGE defensively and I dont think your onslaught culling setup is worth it in exchange. And if you just use this 4 link you can use all your mana problems with an elreon ring for example (since you are using a mana flask). Also Kaoms heart, expensive though.

- You listed Carnage heart as required unique, would think of it more like a niche budget option. Stats are worse than you get from rares, and the leech should be barely noticeable. You could put Life Leech gem in on of your Mjolners maybe for leech.

- If youre just speedfarming maps anyway, you could work towards a devotos for the movement speed. Or maybe Rats nest for your build.

Cheers, and thanks for the guide always appreciated :)
This looks like a build I'd play once I save up more currency :P
Will give it a try, i have 35 chaos on the harbinger league to make my templar, hope it will be faster than my rf totem boss melter ahah
"
Huskarf wrote:
Will give it a try, i have 35 chaos on the harbinger league to make my templar, hope it will be faster than my rf totem boss melter ahah

map wise yes. boss wise no
i'm following this build for clear speed ofc
I have a busy 3 days coming up but then i will be hard back on the grind ;) keep a eye out!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info