[3.0] Sidefx Mjolner Velocity - Clear maps like a god!

"
Messerschmitt wrote:
"
yinoneliya wrote:
ill check out the mace thing you did , Me nither dont want to go to proj thing i dont like this .
can you share ur tree ?
+ , i think im gonna grab some Life + eva nodes casue i realy get down in 1 hit with 3.7K hp
(level 68)

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAUBAQKWBAcEswVCBx4I9AmqDkgPqw_EES0RLxGWFVAWvxvIHNwdgyL0JIsmlScvJ6kqCyo4KwosnDBbMtE2PTrYO3xBlkVHRZ1JUUmxTLNTUlRHVUtVxl3yYeJknWZUakNsC2yMbRlwUnyDf8aCm4PbhXuJ04uMjDaP-pBVkm6TJ5Uumjua4J2qogCio6a-pwinNKyXrrO4yrxWvOrAZsCawJzDOtD10nzVptfP2fza3eFz44Tr7uv17DjtPO-I8NXyHfk3-d0=?accountName=Messerschmitt&characterName=MarsBrandHMC. Most of it is similar to Sidefx but I went to mind and blood drinker for the added convenience since it's enough mana to leech and I'll take all the life leech I can get.

From here i'll iron out the three missing life nodes (+17% life) and then either path to true strike for the crit as well as proximity to hired killer or work on the power charge/jewels. I should have everything filled out by level 88 barring any further modifications.

I don't know if it's the right way but in my head it seems like it could work. Throw in quality jewels and it might get propped up a little more.

i sent you a private massage , i like the way you go to :D
Yeah like others in this thread I also decided to take Necaturus77's advice and go discharge + arc + cont. destruction and a Saffell's Frame. Feels much better with Shield Charge, single target is insane right now for me if you grab Inya's boots and Romira's Banquet. Went with devotos too and probably a Kaoms later down the line and just 4-link Cyclone. Then just spec into Ele EQ and Ele Overload and craft cold damage on your ring and go ham and grab a lot of Power Charge nodes + spec out of crit ofcourse.

Thats just my two cents. Playstyle is now far better + faster, but obviously double mjolner with lightning balls flying everywhere looks flashy. So it's entirely up to whatever you think feels best. =)
"
Kayer wrote:
Yeah like others in this thread I also decided to take Necaturus77's advice and go discharge + arc + cont. destruction and a Saffell's Frame. Feels much better with Shield Charge, single target is insane right now for me if you grab Inya's boots and Romira's Banquet. Went with devotos too and probably a Kaoms later down the line and just 4-link Cyclone. Then just spec into Ele EQ and Ele Overload and craft cold damage on your ring and go ham and grab a lot of Power Charge nodes + spec out of crit ofcourse.

At this point I am pretty much open to whatever helps with single target. Right now clearing trash is a breeze but even working on low tier bosses with little to no modifications feels like a game of Russian Roulette where you basically have to hold your breath in hopes that you don't get nuked by a physical attack while you tickle their balls.

It's a lot of fun when it works but then the pendulum swings way too far in the opposite direction when it doesn't and it's starting to be a little aggravating.
Last edited by Messerschmitt on Aug 15, 2017, 10:41:58 PM
"
Messerschmitt wrote:
"
Kayer wrote:

At this point I am pretty much open to whatever helps with single target. Right now clearing trash is a breeze but even working on low tier bosses with little to no modifications feels like a game of Russian Roulette where you basically have to hold your breath in hopes that you don't get nuked by a physical attack while you tickle their balls.

It's a lot of fun when it works but then the pendulum swings way too far in the opposite direction when it doesn't and it's starting to be a little aggravating.

I understand, that was also why I decided to switch because even low tier bosses was painful to kill. Right now I'm doing tier 10 bosses with relative ease at level 72 with very budget gear with discharge + arc, speccing out of crit nodes into ele equilibrium and overload and grabbing power charges like I said. You lose the flashyness of the double mjolner with spark/lightning ball if you go discharge + arc and shield, but gain so much movement because of Shield Charge and your clear speed goes through the roof. Also a lot smoother defensively, however until I can afford a Voll's Devotion I'm just running Warlord's Cry for sustain/endurance charges. Overall I'd say both ways has it's ups and downs, I just really love Shield Charge and Discharge is flashy enough for me, plus Arc does a good enough job and chains to nearby monsters anyways, even though most stuff gets completely blown up by Discharge.

Oh, and I don't find it necessary to run Carnage Heart at all. In fact, I found it to be pretty much useless. I just grabbed some cheap rare ammy with spell damage and lightning damage, some resists and life + stats. And fuck 5/6-linking your chest, 4-link is more than enough with the Cyclone setup unless you feel like you think you need some leech or something, in which case I guess you can grab a 5-linked armour. 4-link does the job perfectly fine for me, in fact most trash dies simply by shield charging into them, I don't even have to use Cyclone except on bosses. And yes you should definitely link your Shield Charge or Cyclone to Fortify, it's huge defensively.
Last edited by Kayer on Aug 15, 2017, 11:24:58 PM
I would love to see your skill tree and gear if possible kayer cos i feel like im playing russian roulette with T8 bosses atm
I'd also love it if Kayer could go into a little more detail. I'm 76 ATM and bosses can feel a bit slow, I'm running spark with pierce controlled and shock nova with LL controlled atm.
"
denkstar wrote:
I would love to see your skill tree and gear if possible kayer cos i feel like im playing russian roulette with T8 bosses atm

It's shared if you check my profile.

I'd prefer not to hijack OP's thread completely, as it seems a bit rude. But I feel like I covered most already.

Saffell's for Shield Charge, as it feels better than being stuck with Flame Dash and gives you faster clear speed.

Grab power charges, spec out of crit into Elemental EQ and Elemental Overload and then grab Inya's boots and a Romira's ring (and possibly a Voll's amulet later if you can afford it, as it gives you endurance charges). Until then just run Warlord's Mark and grab the double curse node so perhaps you can run Enfeeble too for extra defense. Travel down to Marauder tree and get life/armour nodes instead, grab a few endurance nodes (this also gives you a lot of strength and resists), also grab all sorrounding area damage nodes etc for Discharge damage. Basically just taking the advice Necaturus77 mentioned in the first page of this thread. With Elemental EQ just remember to craft or get a rare ring with cold ele damage, so your Discharge and Arc benefits the most from that node.
Last edited by Kayer on Aug 16, 2017, 12:15:27 PM
"
Kayer wrote:
"
denkstar wrote:

It's shared if you check my profile.

I'd prefer not to hijack OP's thread completely, as it seems a bit rude. But I feel like I covered most already.

Saffell's for Shield Charge, as it feels better than being stuck with Flame Dash and gives you faster clear speed.

Grab power charges, spec out of crit into Elemental EQ and Elemental Overload and then grab Inya's boots and a Romira's ring (and possibly a Voll's amulet later if you can afford it, as it gives you endurance charges). Until then just run Warlord's Mark and grab the double curse node so perhaps you can run Enfeeble too for extra defense. Travel down to Marauder tree and get life/armour nodes instead, grab a few endurance nodes (this also gives you a lot of strength and resists), also grab all sorrounding area damage nodes etc for Discharge damage. Basically just taking the advice Necaturus77 mentioned in the first page of this thread. With Elemental EQ just remember to craft or get a rare ring with cold ele damage, so your Discharge and Arc benefits the most from that node.

Yep thanks, I actually imported your char into path of building and have been respeccing to this build.
It has been a busy week but in the upcoming days I will be testing out a couple different options, and I like the sound of the discharge/arc issue is im guessing were using a Vaal protector to make it super clean.
Going live now! Help me break 1k followers today! Ask any and all questions you may have. See you there! Twitch.tv/Sidefxmayinclde

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info