[3.2] BUFFED "Chin Sol Trapnel Shot" - 10c Budget, farm Atziri/Uber Lab/High Maps

What is your gem set up with tornado shot?
Last edited by forHero on Aug 16, 2017, 10:22:48 PM
For easy of use, here is a Path of Building pastebin for GornoDD's character as it stands right now.

https://pastebin.com/y7NCfgD0

"
Karuna_ wrote:
Quick question, in the shaper run, it looks like you used barrage/tornado shot, but in the build you posted, you stuck with blast rain/shrapnel shot.

Any thoughts on which is superior?

Im experimenting alot. I did use the Blast Rain setup to Uber Atziri. Its better to max out on single target when your Shrapnel Traps are down. The Torando Shot Setup is better for clearing trash.

You would use Tornado-Trap-ClusterTrap-GMP-EleWithAttacks-Chain

However Tornado Shot only gets better as 6L than Shrapnel in terms of clearing. Its really not necessary to Run two 6L. Blast Rain is THE BEST secondary setup for additional damage since it run on very few links.

You just need BR-Trap-ClusterTrap-EleWithAttacks <-Already works great! then add -addedlightning-conc

Also I hope you guys saw my boot enchant! Its MASSIVE(!!!) for killing bosses. Its almost as good as running two heralds! OFC its mainly targeted at Bosskilling.

Those Enchants are acutally really easy to farm with twice enchanted in the new lab. So go for it!
Last edited by GornoDD on Aug 17, 2017, 7:08:32 AM
If I had a 6 link I would only use Shrapnel Shot with the suggested gems and with Trap Cooldown Recovery as a the 6th link, it would make the build so much smoother besides the obvious damage increase of being able to spam more traps.
I am in fact tempted to try this build but i have 2 concerns:

Looks slow as fuck for map clearing. Obviously it can't be frost blades fast, but it would be nice to be able to farm maps decently for xp. Unless you get to 90 with a different build and spec into this later on just to kill end game bosses.

Trap CD looks painful. A lot of times you are completely out traps. Trap cooldown is an option? Would bring it down to 1 sec CD, basically a 50% increase in dps (worth it even if you lose 30% damage).

Btw, no clever construction?!
In game name - VomitingRainbows - GMT +1
"
GornoDD wrote:
"
Karuna_ wrote:
Quick question, in the shaper run, it looks like you used barrage/tornado shot, but in the build you posted, you stuck with blast rain/shrapnel shot.

Any thoughts on which is superior?

Im experimenting alot. I did use the Blast Rain setup to Uber Atziri. Its better to max out on single target when your Shrapnel Traps are down. The Torando Shot Setup is better for clearing trash.

You would use Tornado-Trap-ClusterTrap-GMP-EleWithAttacks-Chain

However Tornado Shot only gets better as 6L than Shrapnel in terms of clearing. Its really not necessary to Run two 6L. Blast Rain is THE BEST secondary setup for additional damage since it run on very few links.

You just need BR-Trap-ClusterTrap-EleWithAttacks <-Already works great! then add -addedlightning-conc

Also I hope you guys saw my boot enchant! Its MASSIVE(!!!) for killing bosses. Its almost as good as running two heralds! OFC its mainly targeted at Bosskilling.

Those Enchants are acutally really easy to farm with twice enchanted in the new lab. So go for it!

Hi just wondering what Pantheon you are using

I'm guessing Soul of Lunaris and Soul of Garukhan
"
kendoka wrote:
I am in fact tempted to try this build but i have 2 concerns:

Looks slow as fuck for map clearing. Obviously it can't be frost blades fast, but it would be nice to be able to farm maps decently for xp. Unless you get to 90 with a different build and spec into this later on just to kill end game bosses.

Trap CD looks painful. A lot of times you are completely out traps. Trap cooldown is an option? Would bring it down to 1 sec CD, basically a 50% increase in dps (worth it even if you lose 30% damage).

I'm 85 running this build. It's not fast for clearing trash, that's for sure. In Tier 10 maps, I need roughly 3-4 clusters of tornado shot to clear a pack (assuming ~ +15% mob pack size).

Since my trash clearing trap is usually cooling down, I will use blink arrow to kite mobs into a big column and blap as many as possible.

Clever Construction was skipped because it isn't good enough to make the cut. Clever Construction and the two leading nodes add 6% damage. To compare, the opposite three nodes add 12.5% damage, the Heartseeker trio adds 11% damage, and the last three nodes of the Primeval Force notable add 10% damage.

As for trap cooldown, I'm not sure what options are available. I'm sitting at 2.11 sec cooldown and I would definitely like it to be shorter.
"
kendoka wrote:

There was a change to traps where if the trap thrown is going to be triggered by an enemy, it will trigger and can not be destroyed before that happens. Something along those lines if thats why your asking about it.

Id also like to see a map clear...
"
kujatakivin wrote:
As for trap cooldown, I'm not sure what options are available. I'm sitting at 2.11 sec cooldown and I would definitely like it to be shorter.

how about the trap cooldown support gem?
For anyone who wants to play around with my final setup for this build in PoE-Builder (the setup I posted a few pages back).

This is IMHO the best I came up with. I will take off items from the character for another project, so I wanted to share this "Final Version" with you.

https://pastebin.com/qRbnsk6w

I really enjoyed playing this build and can safely say that its a great build to play in the absolute endgame. Its a true Boss-Killer and maps decently fast.

Its also great for farming Uber-Lab since it kill Izaro extremely fast in its final Phase.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info