[3.2] BUFFED "Chin Sol Trapnel Shot" - 10c Budget, farm Atziri/Uber Lab/High Maps

"
"
Baldersh wrote:
"
Can I ask what do you use for leveling? Do you just grab a bow and start trapping right away? Sorry for noob question, I have never played a trap build

Hey! I leveled with Ice Trap and Fire trap mainly. I just used random garbage I found along the way. I get the trap nodes first and then when I near 62 (for chin sol) i get the bow nodes.

Is the crit worth it? If you don't mind can I ask how much accuracy, crit chance and crit multi do you have? I read that Trap still scale off accuracy. Also I notice that you skipping some bow node such as Avatar of the Hunt or Deadly Draw in favor of crit node.

Yes crit is definitely worth it. It's a huge chunk of the damage and with charges and a diamond flask up I have around 75% effective crit chance and 422% multiplier with assassin's mark. 72% and 368% without.

Accuracy is important. I'm at 87% hit chance with not a lot of accuracy on gear at level 85. The 75% effective crit chance takes into account your accuracy as well.

We have a lot of dex so we don't need a whole lot of accuracy investment. Crits are pretty much constant here, I haven't really noticed the traps not critting, and the cooldown recovery is low enough now that it's not a problem anyways. I would definitely recommend going crit over some more bow nodes, the damage boost isn't really comparable.
So this build looks like an interesting build to try out for me.

I would like to know what you are using helm wise and flask wise since they aren't currently included.
For clearing trash what do you use? Blast Rain or Shrapnel Shot? And boss?

I did the build, i have the 2 jewel for shrapnel, but i think that the aoe is very low.
"
SenorDerp wrote:
So this build looks like an interesting build to try out for me.

I would like to know what you are using helm wise and flask wise since they aren't currently included.

For the helm just grab life/res/accuracy if you can. And I haven't got an enchant on mine yet but the % gained as lightning for shrapnel shot is likely the best one.

Flask wise I have 2 life flasks, a diamond flask, atziri's promise, and a quicksilver.

I'd remove 1 life flask for the wise oak if you get your resists all set up.
"
wygga wrote:
For clearing trash what do you use? Blast Rain or Shrapnel Shot? And boss?

I did the build, i have the 2 jewel for shrapnel, but i think that the aoe is very low.

I use both for AoE. Are you using Herald of Ice? That helps tremendously with clear-speed. But I haven't had much a problem clearing yet and the aoe seems fine on my end. I haven't used crazy clear-speed builds like frost-blades though so that might be it?

Blast rain should be better for clearing trash mobs that aren't blue/rare as it has a wider spread, but a shrapnel shot chunk should wipe them all out with herald of ice.
Hey dude, love the build idea and currently leveling it. Just wondering when you switched to shrapnel shot and stopped using fire and ice trap. Already picked up up a deerskin.

Thanks!
Whats your thought on running two Collateral Damage jewels to increase shrapnel shots damage? 50% percent aoe and double damage for each trap?

[Edit] Just looked at your PoB and you are using the two jewels. my bad
Last edited by silentAltair on Aug 10, 2017, 2:56:04 PM
"
silentAltair wrote:
Whats your thought on running two Collateral Damage jewels to increase shrapnel shots damage? 50% percent aoe and double damage for each trap?

[Edit] Just looked at your PoB and you are using the two jewels. my bad

No worries! I put it in a little tiny spot in the build description lol it's easy to miss. The jewels are very important :)
"
Brunch_Boi wrote:
Hey dude, love the build idea and currently leveling it. Just wondering when you switched to shrapnel shot and stopped using fire and ice trap. Already picked up up a deerskin.

Thanks!

Hey!

I actually switched over when I got Chin Sol, and got some bow nodes just a few levels before. You can also level with glacial cascade mines as I've been told they're pretty powerful this league for leveling as well.
Last edited by Baldersh on Aug 10, 2017, 3:15:54 PM
Hello I gonna try this build in Hc. Now i'm wondering if you can do this with ice shot. You can take 2× omen on the winds jewel and you can convert to 100% cold damage on the tree. Chill and freeze just sound safer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info