[3.2] BUFFED "Chin Sol Trapnel Shot" - 10c Budget, farm Atziri/Uber Lab/High Maps

3.2 Update: Huge buffs. As you all know, we definitely weren't lacking in damage. Where the build was lacking was survivibility and the Sab changes bring huge buffs to that area. Not only do we get massive life regen from Pyromaniac and some nice immunities, but Born in Shadows makes anyone who gets too close blinded and gives them only a 35% chance to hit against us with only 35% evade chance. On TOP of that, the we take 10% reduced damage from them.

This is an absolutely massive amount of survivibility added. Not only that, but we gained another 10% cooldown recovery for all you who felt it was still a bit clunky with trap cooldown. On top of that, a built in sunblast :)

TL:DR
- Huge defensive bonuses added - Huge life regen, permablind nearby enemies, 10% damage reduction
- 10% Increased Cooldown Recovery, build in sunblast and 4 second duration.

Ascendancy Order 3.2: Perfect Crime - Chain Reaction - Pyromaniac (more useful than Born in Shadows in general because of ranged enemies) - Born in Shadows/Explosives Expert (depending on whether you want to be tankier or go for more damage)

WE BEEN BUFFED

3.1 Update: All is well. Last expansion I farmed up 15 exalts in about 3 days with this build while spending 10c on it. I know I'm a piece of shit when it comes to answering people's questions so I'm grateful that the community around the build has been helping eachother.

Here is a Path of Building Link for 3.1 to get you started: https://pastebin.com/QeM9vYeD

That's with decent gear, the gear I did Shaper with. All you need to do is focus on ele damage/life/resists/crit as much as possible, but to farm Atziri and Uber Lab, you really don't need very not even Tinkerskin. Get it when you can though. The skills section also shows you what to put in as you get 5/6l in the unchecked skills.
Good luck today!

This unexpectedly became a BotW. For the next week I'm going to really make a conscious effort to answer upcoming questions. I apologize for being so tardy with answers in the past little while, I've had an absolute mess of a schedule.

I just finished shaper on a 5-l with some pretty basic gear deathless on my first try. It was really easy. I'll post the video here tomorrow for you guys for those who are wondering if it's end-game viable. The build is still level 86 and has 4700hp with the changes. Still very budget, especially for clearing shaper that easily. Damage will go up about 20-30% by level 90, or you could get to 5k hp. The 4700 hp it has with the 5-l changes makes mapping in t15-16 much less heart-attack inducing :)

EDIT Sept 15/2017:
Okay the video is going to take a bit longer, I've decided to showcase a couple of things instead of just Shaper, and go over some of the misconceptions people seem to have about the Saboteur class and its power. I won't be able to work on it tomorrow, but it should be out Monday sometime. I'm answering the questions in the thread now.

EDIT: GornoDD has downed shaper deathless on standard with some high-end gear, 6-Ls, and change to barrage for single target. The build is officially end-game viable! I'll be doing testing of my own in the temp-league now with very late-game bosses since he has motivated me. Good stuff!

Overview Video/Showcase

Concept
You throw the trap and the people - they die. This build was made to farm Uber Lab/Atziri/Highish maps early into the league on a really tight budget to maximize currency gain. I'm currently at 11.5 exalts which is way more than I've ever had this early and more than I know what to do with.
I've cleared three different types of uber labs with full keys including charge disruptors with no problems at all. I've also gotten into early red maps now with the same budget, but it's starting to get kinda sketchy without upgrades.

We use a neat mechanic with Tinkerskin to open up a flask slot and also solve mana problems entirely. Grab Eldritch Battery on the skill tree and you can then reserve 100% of your mana and remove your mana flask. Tinkerskin will single-handedly solve your mana problems as it costs 30-50 ES to throw a set of traps, and if a trap goes off, you get 50 ES back. It's some good shit.

Damage
Spoiler

It does the damage. Path of Building clocks the 10c version at 100k dps per trap buffed (with standard boss resists). You throw 12 traps. That's 1,200,000 damage. It does the damage.

Blast Rain augments your aoe clear and makes certain you're never running around aimlessly wondering if that girl was giving you a signal when she said you should come over for some coffee. It does about half the damage of Shrapnel Shot. That's still a lot. Like 600k a lot.

When you pour currency into it, grab a six link, signal fire, elemental damage on jewelry, and accuracy, you will double your damage.

That's 2,400,000 per 12 traps with standard boss resists with Shrapnel Shot, 1,200,000 with blast rain.

Defense
Spoiler

You have very high hp if you compare your hp to most people at level 50. You CAN change this and increase it by getting rid of some damage nodes and grabbing life nodes instead. I don't though, because I don't afraid of anything.

If you're planning on doing T13-16 maps, I would grab some extra health nodes and upgrade your gear. That'll bring your HP to around 5000 at level 89. Which is fine, because you are a trapper. You aren't facetanking. I mean you can if you want to, but I advise against it.

You use acrobatics for dodge, and have around 30% evade chance too. We also use Arctic Armour because it is wonderful.

The best defense you have is that you are constantly moving since you're a trapper. It works very nicely. Also everything dies too fast to hurt you.

Skill Tree/Ascendancy/Leveling/Bandits
Spoiler

Skill Tree

My tree right now (85): http://poeurl.com/bq4S

Finished skill tree: http://www.poeurl.com/bq4m

Bandit: Alira
Reasoning: Crit Multi OP. Also helps to get resists which are tough when you use this many uniques.

Leveling: I leveled using Fire trap/Ice Trap. Grab all the trap nodes first, and as you get near to level 62, get the bow nodes.[/bold]

Ascendancy
Saboteur. Ok moving on.

Itemization
Other than the uniques in the list below, grab as much life/resists/accuracy/elemental damage to attacks as possible. Also upgrade to The Signal Fire when you can/if you want more damage. And use two Collateral Damage Jewels. That is all.
Spoiler

My Items:
Spoiler

See Tinkerskin explanation in the Concept area. It is wonderful.

Gems/Links
In order of importance

Main Damage: Shrapnel Shot - Trap(if not using Deerstalkers anymore) - Cluster Traps - Increased Critical Strikes - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Added Lightning Damage

Secondary Damage: Blast Rain - Same shit as above.

Defensive: Immortal Call - Cast When Damage Taken - Increased Duration

Movement: Blink Arrow - Faster Attacks

Auras: Herald of Ice/Wrath(or Grace)/Arctic Armour

Other: Vaal Lightning Trap, Vaal Grace, Assassin's Mark, Summon Ice Golem

Last edited by Baldersh on Mar 1, 2018, 4:22:15 PM
Last bumped on Feb 1, 2019, 4:46:44 PM
Yo dude mind is it possible to do Rain of Arrows trapper with this?? Instead of Shrapnel Shot
Noob question why are we using bow specifically?
Be a LEADER when you see a path others have missed,and Be a FOLLOWER when you are shrouded in the midst of uncertainty.
"
invoker232 wrote:
Yo dude mind is it possible to do Rain of Arrows trapper with this?? Instead of Shrapnel Shot

It won't do nearly as much damage. The threshold jewel for shrapnel shot is insanely powerful.

You can though, I just wouldn't as it's slower and does less damage.
"
Pixle_Twitch wrote:
Noob question why are we using bow specifically?

Chin Sol does 100% more damage at close range. Since we're using traps, it counts the distance as being from the trap, which is always right on the target getting the full 100%. Same with Point Blank.
Can I ask what do you use for leveling? Do you just grab a bow and start trapping right away? Sorry for noob question, I have never played a trap build
You have Herald of Ice linked with Assassin's Mark--do you mean to add Curse on Hit with these two?
"
Dopebear wrote:
You have Herald of Ice linked with Assassin's Mark--do you mean to add Curse on Hit with these two?

I don't have the sockets. I just self-cast assassin's mark on bosses. Or in theory I would. I really barely use it at all.
"
Can I ask what do you use for leveling? Do you just grab a bow and start trapping right away? Sorry for noob question, I have never played a trap build

Hey! I leveled with Ice Trap and Fire trap mainly. I just used random garbage I found along the way. I get the trap nodes first and then when I near 62 (for chin sol) i get the bow nodes.
"
Baldersh wrote:
"

Hey! I leveled with Ice Trap and Fire trap mainly. I just used random garbage I found along the way. I get the trap nodes first and then when I near 62 (for chin sol) i get the bow nodes.

Is the crit worth it? If you don't mind can I ask how much accuracy, crit chance and crit multi do you have? I read that Trap still scale off accuracy. Also I notice that you skipping some bow node such as Avatar of the Hunt or Deadly Draw in favor of crit node.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info