[3.2] BUFFED "Chin Sol Trapnel Shot" - 10c Budget, farm Atziri/Uber Lab/High Maps

While these traps feel quite strong and can be scaled up easier since its an attack. I must say the activation range on the shrapnel trap feels realy qlunky ..

Mobs basically have to walk on them for the trigger to happen. As opposed to my Sire of shard magma orb miner who could just drop and run and the traps would trigger.
Harder to scale tough :S
Now that Damage on Full Life Support isn't restricted to melee skill gems only, do you think it would be good for this? I don't know how that gem works with traps though.
"
Victoriolue wrote:
Now that Damage on Full Life Support isn't restricted to melee skill gems only, do you think it would be good for this? I don't know how that gem works with traps though.

I'm not sure you really have room for it anyway. trap, shrap, cluster are mandatory. elemental damage with attacks is better and non conditional.

You'd be swapping out increased critical strike or added lightning for damage on full life, and I'm not convinced that it would be a tremendous benefit. Maybe plug it into PoB to see.

I was wondering if anyone trying this build out has put more investment into frenzy charges. I'm only 79, and between tinkerskin and the passive node I generally have no problem maintaining frenzy charges. It would only be 4 more points to get 2 more charges. 8% more damage seems worth that, no?
"
masonjeans wrote:
"
Victoriolue wrote:

I'm not sure you really have room for it anyway. trap, shrap, cluster are mandatory. elemental damage with attacks is better and non conditional.

You'd be swapping out increased critical strike or added lightning for damage on full life, and I'm not convinced that it would be a tremendous benefit. Maybe plug it into PoB to see.

I was wondering if anyone trying this build out has put more investment into frenzy charges. I'm only 79, and between tinkerskin and the passive node I generally have no problem maintaining frenzy charges. It would only be 4 more points to get 2 more charges. 8% more damage seems worth that, no?

According to PoB, Frenzy charges are not the best source of damage on the tree, per point. The cluster on the bottom right, for example, offers twice the damage per point as a frenzy charge would. I guess it has to do with the fact that the iAS on the frenzy charges does nothing for us as trappers. It isn't as good. Trap damage nodes are also better than frenzy charges. Simply put, it's not as efficient to go for them, even as a Raider! Weird, isn't it?

Also, never swap out Increased Crit support, it's absolutely mandatory. Trap damage would be my choice for a 6L.

What's important to know about Tinkerskin is that it doesn't work with Saboteur very well.
The reason is the wording on Tinkerskin saying "When an enemy triggers a trap" and the fact that Chain Reaction does not count as an enemy triggering your traps.

This means that when you throw a cluster of say, 12 traps before the first one triggers by a mob, all of the nearby traps will trigger via Chain Reaction instead of mobs. (even if there are multiple mobs present on traps, Chain Reaction takes priority over enemy triggers!)

This means that you only ever get 1 chance at frenzy/power charges and 100 life/50 ES per cluster of traps that is triggered by a Saboteur. This is the reason I've made a switch in this build, to Deadeye. (imo the best alternative, though Pathfinder/Raider/Assassin/Elementalist/Inquisitor? works just as well)

To make up for the loss of Chain Reaction, sad as it is, I've decided to run a pair of Hair Trigger Jewels and take as much trigger AOE in the tree as possible. Regular AOE clusters also apply to trigger AOE for traps, that's one of the reasons why I think Deadeye is so good for this build. 200 accuracy is welcome and the 50% increased AOE helps a lot making up for the loss of Chain Reaction.

Also some quality of life with bleed damage not increasing for movement, the crit chance and multiplier also work, because we only convert 90% of our damage to elemental (40% innate Shrapnel and 50% Signal Fire quiver). We do still cause some physical damage, which means we can still bleed. Granted, your bleed DPS (no joke) will be 68.9 according to PoB in end-game gear, but hey, it bleeds so we get the crit chance and multi. Powerful Precision is interesting too, 100% crit chance on the arrow of Shrapnel, as it pierces innately. Not sure if the returning part works or not, or how it works. I haven't done uber lab yet.

Remember not to take the Chain route on Deadeye though, as Shrapnel Shot pierces by default, chain will not work with it. Far Shot is unforunately a little bit counter intuitive, but it leads to the best node on the tree.

The best part about it of course, is that EVERY trap that triggers will grant you a chance at power/frenzy charges, so keeping at max will be a piece of cake. Also you will see a massive increase in restoration of life and energy shield due to Chain Reaction not screwing you over. The downside is that mobs will have to manually trigger each trap, so your aim becomes much more important and take those AOE nodes like your life depends on it, because... well, because it does.

If none of this sounds good to you and you don't want to give up on Saboteur, maybe you should let go of Tinkerskin, work out how to manage your mana without it and take up Carcass Jack, by far the best alternative for a trapper. Saboteur gets 40% cooldown from passives, so the loss of Tinkerskin isn't as bad as it is for other classes. Mana issues though... -shivers-
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Sep 12, 2017, 6:33:28 AM
It's a fast uber lab cleaner?
Can anyone help me out? I barely have 3k life and get one shot by Izaro and Argus. I have yet to be able to complete Uberlab at all. My damage is pretty solid, but I am not able to oneshot Izaro, is that the only way to be able to safely farm the lab? I dont think I can get much more life on my gear without tripling my budget...

My Gear:
Spoiler

Character is public for tree. (TwinkleRain)
Congrats on BoTW!

I would spit fire and brimstone for potentially getting my precious bow nerfed at some point but I guess we've had a good run together -sniffles-
GG, GGG! I can finally be the flamethrowing psycho Marauder I've always dreamt to be! Wish they had a hockey mask MTX & a gore scorching ray skill gem MTX mmmm one can hope!
"
Dublins wrote:
Congrats on BoTW!

I would spit fire and brimstone for potentially getting my precious bow nerfed at some point but I guess we've had a good run together -sniffles-

Wow yeah thanks. I've been making them Chin Sol trappers way back since 2.2, if it gets nerfed I wouldn't be sure what to do with myself.

"
JaboPanda wrote:
Can anyone help me out? I barely have 3k life and get one shot by Izaro and Argus. I have yet to be able to complete Uberlab at all. My damage is pretty solid, but I am not able to oneshot Izaro, is that the only way to be able to safely farm the lab? I dont think I can get much more life on my gear without tripling my budget...

My Gear:
Spoiler

Character is public for tree. (TwinkleRain)

https://pastebin.com/0GMWzsYH

Here, now you have 4.2k life. This should be good at 81, and do Uber Lab at 85.

You could also get better items with 70+ life, which will boost your life even more. Most of your items only have around 50 life.

We're all just walkin' through this darkness on our own.
Last edited by Constraint on Sep 14, 2017, 12:17:03 AM
Not end game viable due to the usage of double/tri-legacy gears.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info