Harbinger language/symbol translation

That person should bring their laptop indoors when it's raining, then.
rawr. fear me.
New note Harbinger names describe a series of auras that can be around them granting fire cold lightening assassins mark or enfeeble around them.

In their names these skills come /before/ the harbinger symbol and with an in between symbol of an up arrow and down arrow pointing at each other.

the up arrow down arrow symbol may be 'near' or 'around' and would read "lightening damage around this harbinger".

this symbol is seen also in righteous fire where it would mean fire damage around "three hands together symbol"

possibly three hands together symbol means minions? also in the code the righteous fire is called 'righteous fire sacrifice' so the three hands symbol may mean sacrifice.
Last edited by Iconic1 on Aug 9, 2017, 6:47:49 PM
Some of the symbols look exactly like what they mean.

Etc, Fire looks like a flame, focus looks like an eye, Time looks like an hourglass.
I wonder if any lore written in this script will show up.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Impressive work, Toshis and all other contributors!
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
This is awesome. Thank you so much, Toshis8.
Last edited by pneuma on Aug 10, 2017, 1:26:46 AM
"
Iconic1 wrote:
Edit: hey quick question the text for unshattered will here https://i.imgur.com/nmTomEs.png does not seem to match the one here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1927546

any reason why?

I don't know, but Unshattered shield's flavor text
https://i.imgur.com/nmTomEs.png
is still the same as the one recently officially linked here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1943903
Think I know what does it mean when there is nothing between word symbols, no smaller symbol marking any connection.

there are two groups of symbols going after harbinger symbol, one group for "Flameblast", another for "Flamedash". When there is a small "+" symbol between word symbols, you have combine those two, but when there is nothing it simply stands for "and" (or comma sign). This harbinger does "Flameblast" AND "flamedash".

Thanks to a friend for providing this screenshot :)

If you manage to find a harbinger not mentioned before, please make a screenshot of his name and write down what he did, thanks!
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Last edited by Toshis8 on Aug 10, 2017, 1:18:11 PM
"
Iconic1 wrote:
New note Harbinger names describe a series of auras that can be around them granting fire cold lightening assassins mark or enfeeble around them.

In their names these skills come /before/ the harbinger symbol and with an in between symbol of an up arrow and down arrow pointing at each other.

the up arrow down arrow symbol may be 'near' or 'around' and would read "lightening damage around this harbinger".

this symbol is seen also in righteous fire where it would mean fire damage around "three hands together symbol"

possibly three hands together symbol means minions? also in the code the righteous fire is called 'righteous fire sacrifice' so the three hands symbol may mean sacrifice.

The same symbol is put in brackets and made as word "Call", "call of storm", like bringing the storm close/nearby.

Think you're right about this symbol when it is in its minor form. Thought I am not sure what is the best way to name it (in both situations), feels like accurate meaning shifts depending on the context.

Clearly same symbol can be put in brackets (making it major word symbol) or outside (minor interaction symbol).
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Last edited by Toshis8 on Aug 10, 2017, 1:39:07 PM
Here's a bunch of harbingers i fought tonight, wrote down skills and tried to translate.

Last edited by Bobbechk on Aug 11, 2017, 1:19:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info