Harbinger language/symbol translation

"
Stefouch wrote:
I made a Google Document we can use to gather all the lore we collect:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zDCGrZ2ZYi6-ljZ0nGu-TX2IHlui4CDtWooD8zxksI0/edit?usp=sharing

Do not hesitate to fulfill it!

Firstly, it is not gibberish nonsense put randomly :)

Each symbol has meaning and they are categorized into two groups:

First group is "word symbols" (GREEN). Each symbol has general word connected to it, though its meaning might vary a bit depending on adjacent symbols.
Second groups is "connection symbols" (RED), they describe how word symbols interact/connect with each other (more on this a bit later).

Here are some "word symbols" I've managed to translate:

Now the "connection symbols". For example, lets take symbol:

It shows one "word symbol" dependency on another, like something on the right side of the symbol is "coming out" of the left side of the symbol, to put it in a simplest way it could represent word "of". For example, if we wanted to write "Harbinger of storm" it would look like this:

Ofcourse, more research is needed :)

P.S. Sorry if I made any grammar mistakes or anything like that, English is not my first language (its a bit hard to express words/sentences exactly the way I want), it would be better if I wrote it in my native language, though you wouldn't understand it :)
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Last edited by Toshis8 on Aug 11, 2017, 3:17:01 PM
Last bumped on Nov 3, 2023, 3:30:30 AM
Wow, very clever, I like the symbolism. Congratulations for your success. Really, I am impressed by you and PoE staff.
Remember, my friend, that the expectation leads to disappointment. So don't expect anything from anyone, even from yourself.
Would change "direction" to "projectile" to make it more in line with terms from the game. A guess on the last one is "Area of Effect", but it could easily be "Aura" as well.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Aug 8, 2017, 9:08:45 AM
"
Strandedmoon wrote:
Wow, very clever, I like the symbolism. Congratulations for your success. Really, I am impressed by you and PoE staff.

Thanks! :) I am very eager to know what all flavor texts mean, though its very time consuming
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
aint no one got time to decipher that when playing lol...
just for try, for see and for know
"
Strandedmoon wrote:

This, good finding.
Well done, to both you and the devs.

I love symbolism and I would like to help you with this task, but unfortunately I have too little free time this week and all of it will be spent killing those Harbingers, no time for research :)

but please keep going on, you have my attention.

Now for science purposes each encounter i have get couple screenshots of harbingers names with effects for later study.
how does the translation hold up with the items?
I need more purple titles
Interesting find.

How did you come up with what each symbols mean?
"The launch day went quite well with just a few small hotfixes to address minor problems."

Heist League - GGG
After the fact it seems obvious that the symbols have meaning and can be translated. Good work. I would guess that the language is a harbinger of things to come in future expansions.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info