Harbinger language/symbol translation

"
nononononono wrote:
Interesting find.

How did you come up with what each symbols mean?

one step was to look for patterns. Harbinger with different abilities has different names. For example, flame blast and righteous fire have same fire symbol.

Another way was to look at harbinger unique items. Each harbinger item has two symbols on it, for example:

Look what kind of Harbinger it summons, a "Harbinger of time" :)

Basically it was looking at various sources, looking for patterns and making connections.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Last edited by Toshis8 on Aug 8, 2017, 2:17:36 PM
Your progressive unlocking should be added to the wiki.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Nice work!
In the upcoming days wont have much time because of work, would be great if more people did this harbinger language "cracking" :) At least this is a kick-start on the right track :)
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Last edited by Toshis8 on Aug 8, 2017, 2:42:11 PM
bump
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
Toshis8 wrote:
Firstly, it is not gibberish nonsense put randomly :)

Each symbol has meaning and they are categorized into two groups:

First group is "word symbols" (GREEN). Each symbol has general word connected to it, though its meaning might vary a bit depending on adjacent symbols.
Second groups is "connection symbols" (RED), they describe how word symbols interact/connect with each other (more on this a bit later).

Here are some "word symbols" I've managed to translate:

Now the "connection symbols". For example, lets take symbol:

It shows one "word symbol" dependency on another, like something on the right side of the symbol is "coming out" of the left side of the symbol, to put it in a simplest way it could represent word "of". For example, if we wanted to write "Harbinger of storm" it would look like this:

Ofcourse, more research is needed :)

P.S. Sorry if I made any grammar mistakes or anything like that, English is not my first language (its a bit hard to express words/sentences exactly the way I want), it would be better if I wrote it in my native language, though you wouldn't understand it :)

The last symbol on your post i think means "target"
x
Last edited by joheblacke on Aug 9, 2017, 3:12:29 AM
Genius at work.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Nice work!

The fact that GGG put in this work into developing a mysterious glyph system for the Harbingers, while at the same time introducing them in what seems so far to be an underwhelming league mechanic, suggests to me that we'll be seeing more of them later.

The Harbingers appear to be from the future, so maybe their role is to preview future game mechanics? It would be interesting if the new orbs introduced to the game this league were added permanently, and then the Harbingers stopped dropping currency shards and started doing something new.
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
Last edited by ephetat on Aug 9, 2017, 3:30:16 AM
Wow, nice work !

It feels very nice when there is some attention given to details like this.
"Added a master audio volume slider." - Patch Notes 3.0.0.
Our prayers have been heard !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info