[3.1][HC] Scorching RF Inquisitor - cheap starter build - ZiggyD

koolaidman

Can you please unlock your profile so I can look at your character guild and gear.
"
doublerazer wrote:
koolaidman

Can you please unlock your profile so I can look at your character guild and gear.

I did just now:) My estimated RF damage is 110k dps, without Witchfire. Not sure how much that helps but it seems like it almost doubles my DPS, and I always am able to have that up.

My scorching ray for bosses at state 8 is like 500k, again without Witchfire always up (not sure though Witchfire effects it).

Seems like I do more because even in T15 I just decimate everything almost instantly. I can melt guardians quite fast, I know I once face tanked Minotaur and just destroyed him. Once I level up to 93 I believe I'll go ahead and try Uber Atziri and Shaper but I don't like losing any experience as it will be the first attempts. Literally any enchant for my build would be gigantic. I also have about two jewels I could have more perfect mods on, but I'd rather not pay a couple exalts each just to get % life on two.
Last edited by KoolaidMan0 on Sep 27, 2017, 3:28:13 PM
"
Also a lot of gear you have on your character could be way improved & your flasks make 0 sense. Why do you have a "Takes no mana cost" flask. That shouldn't be any issue at all

It's for the 4 charges+ fast regeneration + 1600 mana per flask. It's way more efficient than seething mana flask, how does that make 0 sense?

"
Your build is broke. You have two curses on cast on curse. You need the arcane surge to gain mana...

How is me having 2 curses on CoH (not sure what cast on curse is) making the build broken? It's only for the bosses and stronger magic mobs, I don't use curses for trash killing. I don't need to gain mana from arcane surge mainly because I have the flask.

According to pob, any spell damage I gain from arcane surge is surpassed by Vulnerability curse, which is why I have two curses.

"

I mean we are MoM here. Also you have +40% vulnerability on your helmet... but you're not using it.

I think you're talking about two builds - the one I pob'ed and the one made *after* I updated it. How am I not using vulnerability curse?

"
You should get essence wyrm so you have a much larger mana pool as well. Same with witch fire instead of some jank setup that doesn't allow you to regen any mana easily.

Essence wyrm effectively cuts out ~80k dps (opal with %fire) + 400 life + resistances, while giving me around 700 mana. I don't think 300 eHP is worth 80k dps and resistances that I'd need to fit elsewhere, do you?

What do you mean by 'jank setup that doesn't allow you to regen mana easily' if you yourself noticed at first my flask, that regens mana almost instantly, has collective ~6k mana available and quickly restores charges?

I'd say that's a pretty effective mana regeneration way.

This would be my new pob link: https://pastebin.com/31ETXcyF

Last edited by _Pats_ on Sep 27, 2017, 3:35:58 PM
"
_Pats_ wrote:
"
Also a lot of gear you have on your character could be way improved & your flasks make 0 sense. Why do you have a "Takes no mana cost" flask. That shouldn't be any issue at all

It's for the 4 charges+ fast regeneration + 1600 mana per flask. It's way more efficient than seething mana flask, how does that make 0 sense?

"
Your build is broke. You have two curses on cast on curse. You need the arcane surge to gain mana...

How is me having 2 curses on CoH (not sure what cast on curse is) making the build broken? It's only for the bosses and stronger magic mobs, I don't use curses for trash killing. I don't need to gain mana from arcane surge mainly because I have the flask.

According to pob, any spell damage I gain from arcane surge is surpassed by Vulnerability curse, which is why I have two curses.

"

I mean we are MoM here. Also you have +40% vulnerability on your helmet... but you're not using it.

I think you're talking about two builds - the one I pob'ed and the one made *after* I updated it. How am I not using vulnerability curse?

"
You should get essence wyrm so you have a much larger mana pool as well. Same with witch fire instead of some jank setup that doesn't allow you to regen any mana easily.

Essence wyrm effectively cuts out ~80k dps (opal with %fire) + 400 life + resistances, while giving me around 700 mana. I don't think 300 eHP is worth 80k dps and resistances that I'd need to fit elsewhere, do you?

What do you mean by 'jank setup that doesn't allow you to regen mana easily' if you yourself noticed at first my flask, that regens mana almost instantly, has collective ~6k mana available and quickly restores charges?

I'd say that's a pretty effective mana regeneration way.

This would be my new pob link: https://pastebin.com/31ETXcyF

You are using a flask when you don't need to be. Good luck with end game bosses. And it's more than that you're losing the resists from a 20 to 23 purity of fire, and you're losing 35% of your mana reserved towards the MoM. And an additional armor flask or quicksilver for speed.
Last edited by KoolaidMan0 on Sep 27, 2017, 3:55:53 PM
Did just notice, so yeah my DPS was for Increased AoE for mapping not bosses and like I said without the level 21 vulnerability from Witchfire. Also Rallying cry which can be 10-176% more as well.
Last edited by KoolaidMan0 on Sep 27, 2017, 4:11:45 PM
"
You are using a flask when you don't need to be.

Care to provide an explanation? I specifically told you why I *need* the flask, yet you didn't say anything about why I might need a mana flask that's DIFFERENT than mine. What does your mana flask do?

Good luck with end game bosses.
"
And it's more than that you're losing the resists from a 20 to 23 purity of fire,
23 purity of fire gives 1% extra res and that's all it gives to me - I'm way overcapped in fire res.

"
and you're losing 35% of your mana reserved towards the MoM.
Are you serious? I just told you what I'm losing - around 750 mana without essence wyrm, and I lose around 350 life with it - that means I give up ~80k dps for that 400 eHP I get from essence wyrm.

Is that worth it to you?

And an additional armor flask or quicksilver for speed.

Do you know how armour works in this game? Unless you're getting 10k armour, having 3k armour from flask doesn't do much difference. It does a bit, of course, but not a lot, given how armour blocks damage.

Another quicksilver? I have two already, why would I need another one? Did you even look at that pob I sent you?

So far you've repeated your false info twice and didn't even read what I said (about MoM and reserved mana) - so I'm not sure if you're trying to help or pick a fight.

EDIT: I just loaded your RF char into pob. You have 20% less damage, the same amount of life I have, similar life regen and similar mana regen.

I'm not sure you're the dude I asked for improvements.
Last edited by _Pats_ on Sep 27, 2017, 4:17:05 PM
Character GE_WHYANOTHERTOON

Hey guys, been playing this build for a while now, not rushing the content. I have completed t15 and the beachhead map. Had one go at t16 Minotaur, he destroyed me, it was a corrupted map.

Upon looking at my character, does anyone see any glaring issues with the gear or tree? I am aware of the neck however it gives a massive amount of mana regen which without it i can sustain the degen however mana usage drops it fairly quickly and it does not feel good without the neck.

Perhaps when i have another go at the guardians it will be different, especially running them white.
My character GE_WHYANOTHERTOON has around 6.5k hp and 2.3k unreserved mana. All gems are 20/20 give or take and my purity of fire is 21/20.

Maybe its just a L2P issue :P This build should be able to complete all content with RF on correct?

Looking forward to any possible feed back.

Cheers
Hi all, I'm currently level 65 and am running into problems with RF in low level maps.

My main issues are:

1. When my stone golem dies, I no longer have enough regen to deal with RF. And since he's melee he inevitably dies often.

2. My RF keeps turning off when i get hit by big packs. I was under the assumption that RF only turns off if your life reaches 1, but my life never reaches anywhere near 1 but it still turns off.

I've checked other people's setups in this thread and it doesn't seem like I'm doing anything different than anyone else. Any help would be appreciated!
Last edited by hansantizor on Sep 30, 2017, 2:35:42 PM
"
hansantizor wrote:
1. When my stone golem dies, I no longer have enough regen to deal with RF. And since he's melee he inevitably dies often.

You need some new gear:
- Immortal Flesh belt will give you tons of regen and it's not expensive
- Amulet with mana and mana regen
- Mana on as much gear as possible (rings, amulet, gloves, boots, helm, body) - right now it's only on rings and helm
- Switch your orb of storms setup to a 4L and put Arcane Surge lvl 4 on it. This will increase your mana regen when you use orb of storms.

Also, note that the more life you have, the more RF burns for, so it's a bit of a balancing act. You've take a lot of the life nodes in the tree but don't have the regen to support it, which is causing you problems. Energy shield also causes you to burn for more, so minimize that when possible (which you've done, save for the % to ES on the amulet).

"
hansantizor wrote:
2. My RF keeps turning off when i get hit by big packs. I was under the assumption that RF only turns off if your life reaches 1, but my life never reaches anywhere near 1 but it still turns off.

One of your flasks has remove burning on it, which kills RF. Need to switch that out.

"
hansantizor wrote:
I've checked other people's setups in this thread and it doesn't seem like I'm doing anything different than anyone else. Any help would be appreciated!

I would look into a 6L armor with stats at some point. Tabula is good at low levels, but falls short pretty quick.
"
tripknot wrote:
Character GE_WHYANOTHERTOON

Hey guys, been playing this build for a while now, not rushing the content. I have completed t15 and the beachhead map. Had one go at t16 Minotaur, he destroyed me, it was a corrupted map.

Upon looking at my character, does anyone see any glaring issues with the gear or tree? I am aware of the neck however it gives a massive amount of mana regen which without it i can sustain the degen however mana usage drops it fairly quickly and it does not feel good without the neck.

Perhaps when i have another go at the guardians it will be different, especially running them white.
My character GE_WHYANOTHERTOON has around 6.5k hp and 2.3k unreserved mana. All gems are 20/20 give or take and my purity of fire is 21/20.

Maybe its just a L2P issue :P This build should be able to complete all content with RF on correct?

Looking forward to any possible feed back.

Cheers

I just tried out the Formless Inferno helm and it has made a mountain of difference to my survivability. I lost a lot of good stats from helm, though, so it's a trade-off. I'm currently trying to fix my mana regen and overcapped resists being low.

I haven't tried T16s with the new setup, though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info