[3.1][HC] Scorching RF Inquisitor - cheap starter build - ZiggyD

"
remurdered wrote:

Ok Thanks! I made some changes and now have the witchfire setup aswell. Also bought better doryani and rotp. Looking at your flask setup your hrimnors really makes sense. I'll try to arrange my resis to maybe copy that. Until then I'll just work with anti freeze Ruby for regen instead of the RF off switch. But just for mapping. I want to finish this level before trying shaper again.
I look forward hearing about your uber Atziri "guide".

cheers

I managed to kill uber atziri with 1st try (ever), with no portals left. I didn't swap much for it, only curse removal potion. And using flammability+witchfire again. Damage seem'd to be the key, so without RF on most of the time, I probably wouldn't have been able to kill her. My setup probably wasn't even close to optimal against her, but some experienced player might be able to help with that more. I left the gear used for clearing on my character (for the next +12h at least). Good luck to shaper and uber atziri!
Last edited by jehovax on Sep 21, 2017, 3:53:28 PM
Ehhh i felt rf was more of a liability when doing uber and shaper. both bosses feature a ton of dot and burst damage and rf tends to not play well at all with either of those.

frankly i only use rf for clearing maps.

having all of your mana and life regen available without the need for a ruby flask is quite useful.

i wouldn't say your gear is bad either i mean you have a triple life chest and a pretty darn sold opal ring too. and a decent marble ammy

i had none of that stuff when i ran shaper.

oh wow AND you have life fire jewels ... lol yeah no your gear situation is quite better than mine
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Sep 22, 2017, 8:33:25 AM
Got back to the game after a long time and i'm loving this.

Currently working on this, roughly level 44 atm.
I'm still kinda unsure when to finally use RF. Got this drop yesterday:

So far i'm really liking the build :D
How hard would it be to switch from this to a LL RF/SR Guardian later on? I really want to run an RF build, but I'm torn between pure RF Zerker or a LL RF/SR. The LL is way more expensive though, so it's kind of putting me off doing it. Pure RF seems rather boring though, so at least SR adds something else to the mix.

How does this spec do in end-game (T15+ maps, Ubers, etc) compared to pure RF or the LL SR/RF builds. Thanks in advance!

Softcore btw, so no need to worry about not dying.
Last edited by Tanaomit on Sep 22, 2017, 5:51:05 PM
"
jehovax wrote:

I managed to kill uber atziri with 1st try (ever), with no portals left. I didn't swap much for it, only curse removal potion. And using flammability+witchfire again. Damage seem'd to be the key, so without RF on most of the time, I probably wouldn't have been able to kill her. My setup probably wasn't even close to optimal against her, but some experienced player might be able to help with that more. I left the gear used for clearing on my character (for the next +12h at least). Good luck to shaper and uber atziri!

Gz mate! I tried Shaper again and got to phase 2, where some kind of BS oneshot me again and again. I'll probably just have to git gud at this point. Your additional Fire Damage on Ring, Amu and the helmet are something Ill try to get but otherwise I seem to be fine what gear concerns.

I'll try it again in the next days, experience with shapers attacks will probably help the most now.
Hello,
I am running this build at level 80 now but I seem to die far too much. It seems like I take a lot of initial damage that one shots me before I can recover. I am only around map level 7-8 so if I am dying this much now, I would guess I cannot try to advance to endgame map etc. I have 4400 life and 2400 mana, with 1500 reserved because I run clarity, purity of fire and vitality. My resistances are Fire 88 (227), Cold 75 (152), Lightning 75 (153) and Chaos is negative 46. My items are:

Volls Vision Helm – gives me 100 life regen per second

Rise of Phoenix – to offset the righteous fire

Rare Prophecy Wand – three resistances and 80 increased spell damage

Rare Body Armor – three resistances and 80 max life

Rare Gloves – two resistances and 50 max life

Rare Boots – three resistances, 67 to max life and 30 to movement speed

Dream Fragments ring for mana regen, cold resist and cannot be frozen

Essence Worm ring for less mana reserved and +2 to the aura gem (it’s an unset ring)

Atziris Foible amulet for mana regen and increased mana

Immortal Flesh Belt – 100 to max life, and 68 life regen

Total Life Regen is 565 per second

Mana Regen is 300 per second ( I have no issue with mana)

Any idea how to tank this up so I stop being killed so easily? Any insight appreciated. Thanks!
A really fun build to play. Especially walking through traps in the Lab. :)
Gear - 5750 Life | 2225 mana (1850 unres.)

Weaponry:

Armour:

Jewelry:

Flasks:

The Brine Crown, IMHO, is a godsend for this build.

Regen on Cons. Ground:

Any suggestions on what to upgrade next? :)
Want info on builds or you need something?
Contact me on Discord - discord.gg/s9kzKCT
"
karac67 wrote:
Any idea how to tank this up so I stop being killed so easily? Any insight appreciated. Thanks!

Remove vitality and try to achieve more max life with items or jewels.

bring a doryani's catalyst (elemental damage is lot more usefull than spell damage).

If u havent mana regen issues, remove atziri foible with a more usefull necklace (marble maybe)

Those life/mana regen numbers are above consacrated ground? If yes, they are too low.

Cant see your skill tree so I dont know if there is some correction to make.
"
vetroxbl wrote:
A really fun build to play. Especially walking through traps in the Lab. :)
Any suggestions on what to upgrade next? :)

Probably on opal ring and a marble ammy.

the rest seems pretty solid
When can I start using RF without losing so much life? The guide says around level 50 but I'm still losing a lot when I activate it. I'm level 59, have 3169 hp, 480 mana, MoM, 78% fire res with PoF, 345 life regen and 81 mana regen, and RF still eats through everything. What else am I missing?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info